The Carolina Panthers new logo is HERE

DeFrank

Because people just hate on Nike because of their modern design in football and the fact that people do not like change.

No, and no.

Really? You of all people hate change or better yet you hate modern designs on traditional teams.

No, I think a better way of describing it is that most people who oppose modern designs do so because they think they look bad. Especially when trying to force a traditional team into some piped out set. It's not just a matter of it being modern or traditional. More so, its a case of looking good or looking dumb. Nearly all traditional teams would look dumb if they were forced to take the Falcons, Vikings, or Cardinals route.

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because people just hate on Nike because of their modern design in football and the fact that people do not like change.

No, and no.

Really? You of all people hate change or better yet you hate modern designs on traditional teams.

No, I think a better way of describing it is that most people who oppose modern designs do so because they think they look bad. Especially when trying to force a traditional team into some piped out set. It's not just a matter of it being modern or traditional. More so, its a case of looking good or looking dumb. Nearly all traditional teams would look dumb if they were forced to take the Falcons, Vikings, or Cardinals route.

I understand what you are saying, but I believe the Falcons, Vikings, and Cardinals upgraded when they changed their uniforms. Now I am not saying Nike is perfect at designs, but they definitely lead the way. For instance, I HATE the new Minnesota Golden Gophers uniforms because they are just too plain just like the Oregon pants. I guess it is just a matter of opinion.

spacer.png

How exactly does the "tradition" of a team make a modern design automatically look bad? I like the Falcons' and Vikings' uniforms regardless of those franchises' "tradition".

I like the Falcons' number font, and while their logo isn't perfect it's still better then their old one.

I just don't like the pants and jersey design. There's no clear, defining design elements to them, just blotches of coloured panels and piping. Keep the new logo, keep the modern number font, and apply them to modern yet minimalist uniforms (which Nike has proven they can pull off) and you'll have a sharp looking Falcons set.

Now as for the Vikings, they're just a mess. Well I don't mind the updated horn logo, but the jersey design and pants design is the epitome of what's wrong with modern football uniform design. It almost seems like a parody of bad modern design.

No, and no.

You're wrong on both counts.

I'm one of the only Packer fans who think Ron Wolf made a huge mistake not following through with his 1994 re-design. Was then, am now.

That's the danger when you generalize, and that's why it's best not to speculate on the motives or beliefs of other posters. You'll often be wrong.

Stick to arguing about the merits of opinions, and not the motivations behind them, and we'll all have a much smoother time.

I think people rag on Nike because they don't make designs that stand the test of time. "Modern" looks really, really stupid after a year.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

120129_refined_inside.gif

Here's a bigger version of the new wordmark (last seen on Page 16, here again) off their official site. I could do without this one. Also, why does only one of the A's have the 3 claw marks?

You wanna know what's wrong with this otherwise well done upgrade to the wordmark? The "clawmarks" are at different levels on the A compared to the P, H, and R. THAT is just sloppy and lazy.

Agree with what the other guy said. That's not sloppy at all. That's how the font is. And it is that way for a reason. If they were all at the same height it would look ridiculous.

I like the panther better (never liked the old one). But think the they could have integrated it better with the wordmark. Looks like two separate elements on a logo sheet rather something that's supposed to work together. Common issue though with many sports logos.

Does anybody have the template of what the numbers look like now. I can tell you.

You can tell us?

A couple team officials have said the design of the uni wasn't changing too drastically. So I guess that means it'll be the numbers only?

I'm actually kinda hoping the new numbers aren't in Trade Gothic though. Modified or not, they would still look too much like the Steelers, or Lions, even.

I'm not even gon' bother digging mine up now. :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Just trying to ripoff the teal tongue just with sliver uh huh lol ! Anyways didn't if anyone noticed the Seahawks official twitter page ? Or if I'm late to the party.

Just checked it out, actually the Jags tongue is awesome. Never gave it a proper look before.

Theirs is one of the best modern logo in the NFL. Up there with the Seahawks.

Just not feeling this one, big D...

Technically magnificent and again shows your skills are on a level above most others... but just doesn't speak to me, personally...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

No hard feelings Fraser, but I'm just not feeling your revision. I'm not a designer either, so what do I know? Something about the nose/jaw/lack of whiskers looks weird.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Lost amongst the fury of the Panthers logo discussion and dissection is the sheer awesomeness of the fact that Fraser's even back among us.

We missed you too, buddy. :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived