The Carolina Panthers new logo is HERE

DeFrank

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ill take all the 'its not my bag'/ 'I dont like it' comments you like, I completely understand you cannot please all the people etc. But I do not make Madden knockoff logos!

And whatever you think about the new logo, the original Panthers logo is technically better for many reasons. Its bland and a bit flat, but the curves are drawn properly and there are no scrag ends.

I think people rag on Nike because they don't make designs that stand the test of time. "Modern" looks really, really stupid after a year.

I disagree. It really depends on the overall look.

I think the Denver Broncos 1997 logo package could be classified as "modern," yet I don't think it looks dated. It's a very solid logo, imo. The same with the new Blue Jays logo: a modern take on their classic logo that can easily stand without change for the next couple decades.

Ill take all the 'its not my bag'/ 'I dont like it' comments you like, I completely understand you cannot please all the people etc. But I do not make Madden knockoff logos!

And whatever you think about the new logo, the original Panthers logo is technically better for many reasons. Its bland and a bit flat, but the curves are drawn properly and there are no scrag ends.

Visually it looks fine from a technical standpoint, but the vectors of the original logo are a mess. The lack of craftsmanship in the new logo is dreadful, though.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Visually it looks fine from a technical standpoint, but the vectors of the original logo are a mess. The lack of craftsmanship in the new logo is dreadful, though.

hate to add a generic "this^" statement...but this^ is dead on

At times I hate the old logo, and times I like it. I do think this isn't as solid a modernization as some other recent efforts have been (Falcons, Cardinals, Blue Jays, etc.) but I still think the new one, overall, looks better than the old one. I wonder how much compromise came from retaining the same curved look at the bottom, though? That may explain why some of the "scrag" ends are there.

I think people rag on Nike because they don't make designs that stand the test of time. "Modern" looks really, really stupid after a year.

I disagree. It really depends on the overall look.

I think the Denver Broncos 1997 logo package could be classified as "modern," yet I don't think it looks dated. It's a very solid logo, imo. The same with the new Blue Jays logo: a modern take on their classic logo that can easily stand without change for the next couple decades.

I should probably have specified my interpretation of 'modern.' The 97 Broncos update to me was great, it featured modern qualities but wasn't overdone with the present-day accoutrement that's become prototypical of pro-combat-esque redesigns (re: piping, gradients, patterns, scoops, matte, etc.).

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Here is what I would have done:

PanthersLogo.png

PanthersHelmet.png

...and I would have considered this a downgrade. Too much electric blue. Lack of whiskers. Eyes are too small.

Honestly people, I know what we're all here for. But the nitpicking on the new logo is quasi-rediculous. It has its minute (pronounced mi-newt) flaws, sure, but it's still an upgrade compared to the former logo.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Just showed the logo to my dad, who's not a logo nut and in his 60's... He said he felt the Panther was "beefier", and I tend to agree. I think there's a lot of picking nits going on... It's never been one of my favorite NFL logos, but I'd consider it a SLIGHT upgrade.

Here is what I would have done:

PanthersLogo.png

PanthersHelmet.png

...and I would have considered this a downgrade. Too much electric blue. Lack of whiskers. Eyes are too small.

Honestly people, I know what we're all here for. But the nitpicking on the new logo is quasi-rediculous. It has its minute (pronounced mi-newt) flaws, sure, but it's still an upgrade compared to the former logo.

the flaws are painfully obvious and infuriating to those who care enough to notice. They are signs of an amateur designer. i can tell you even while i was in school, if someone made this as a project they would get a pat on the back for a nice run. then torn apart for its poor craftsmanship. the tangents and poor paths/vector shapes are month 3 stuff. its those things that separates those youngins from the professional talents of Fraser, Kris Bazen, joe Bosack, Marc Verlander, Von Glitschka, etc. its one thing for an NFL team to have a poor concept but theres no excuse for an NFL team to have a poorly crafted logo with a ton of tangents and bad pen tool use.

even if Fraser has missed on the overall tone of voice for a professional sports logo (more suited to NCAA?) he certainly has not missed of craftsmanship and proper perspective. but like i said, if it were up to me the logo above would be the new mark. not even close

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

pronouncing words correctly is important, but so is spelling them; especially when you are "teaching."

Just trying to ripoff the teal tongue just with sliver uh huh lol ! Anyways didn't if anyone noticed the Seahawks official twitter page ? Or if I'm late to the party.

Just checked it out, actually the Jags tongue is awesome. Never gave it a proper look before.

Theirs is one of the best modern logo in the NFL. Up there with the Seahawks.

Megadittos! Brilliant observation, if I do say so myself.

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

I have to say that even though the new logo has its flaws the old logo seems so much more flawed now then ever before. I've let the new logo sink in over the past 24 hours and I honestly can never look at the old logo the same again. I never realized how cartoony it seemed. All in all I think this was a long overdue move for the Panthers. I hope that whatever changes they make to the uniforms don't follow along the path of what the Jaguars did. A few minor tweaks are in order as opposed to some huge overhaul IMO.

Archived