The Carolina Panthers new logo is HERE

DeFrank

Hmmmm. Very on the fence about this, seems like a lateral move though. Rather than fullay updating the logo and making it truly timeless seems too much like something which could become dated quickly. It doesn't strike me as terrible, just very meh.

Although, it could have been a hell of a lot worse, at least it seems like we are just getting a Lions'-esque update to our identity rather than a full on rebrand, which is a good thing

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can't accurately judge the logo based on a transposing where you don't know how warped the features really are... it could be minimal difference or parts could be significantly edited to fit the contour of the gloves....

Now, with that being said, anyone know why his tongue undercuts his lower teeth?

Here's all 32 gloves:

426779_10151231220855721_57460905720_22766962_953177391_n.jpg

Looks like the Panthers is the only "leak." Not sure if the other 31 aren't changing anything or if the redesigns there are too obvious not to catch when making these.

And, for the record, I have no qualms about the new panther. It definitely looks quite badass. Now, the only thing I'm curious about is why Nike makes these with the hand gesture when I remember a college game a year or so ago when a player got flagged for showing off the design.

VmWIn6B.png

After staring at it for 5 minutes, I STILL HATE the neck. It looks dumb, but I got over it. Then I kept focusing on the Chin. Why? Wtf were the thinking with that line?

Oh well, it is an upgrade, but shouldve been better.

Also, Unwind, if this is the logo upgrade that impressed you so much, shame.

You realize we've yet to see the true vectored version of this logo yet? So far, this is just a board members best guess, based on the glove.

After staring at it for 5 minutes, I STILL HATE the neck. It looks dumb, but I got over it. Then I kept focusing on the Chin. Why? Wtf were the thinking with that line?

Oh well, it is an upgrade, but shouldve been better.

Also, Unwind, if this is the logo upgrade that impressed you so much, shame.

You realize we've yet to see the true vectored version of this logo yet? So far, this is just a board members best guess, based on the glove.

Realized, but the unless the true vectored version gets rid of the blue goatee, I cant get on board.

Realized, but the unless the true vectored version gets rid of the blue goatee, I cant get on board.

So you consider the original to be better? The Panthers and Jaguars both needed a modern update though. I consider the Panthers update to be the same as what the Lions did. I think it is a great improvement and looks a lot more fluid and smoother.

So you consider the original to be better? The Panthers and Jaguars both needed a modern update though. I consider the Panthers update to be the same as what the Lions did. I think it is a great improvement and looks a lot more fluid and smoother.

No the original is not better, but the new one leaves a lot to be desired. I probably just got my hopes up when Unwind said he loved a certain logo update so much. Its decent, but I just cant get over that blue goatee, that goes into it's mouth... :wacko:

Also as a Jaguars fan, I think our logo is perfect, don't want a change there, just to everything else...lol

A quick trace in Illustrator, trying my best to eliminate the curves of the hands and fingers, yields this:

panthers_new.png

There are definitely parts of this I really like and parts I really don't. I'm gonna tweak the bits I'm sour on and see how it could have looked.

Honest to god, the very first thing that came to my mind was that cave from Aladdin

aladdin9.jpg

This is true, and shouldn't be forgotten. Can anyone who has seen the actual logo tell us how accurate my rendering is? Or if it there are any big things I missed or god wrong?

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

lots of unnecessary hate and bitterness in this thread... but thats about par for the course around here.

and then there's the standard 2% who would rather complain about their fellow posters than substantively contribute to a conversation. :P

You chose not to quote his opinion on the logo....

The logo is a nice upgrade of their last one. Are their uniforms supposed to be any different? Anyone know?

90758391980.gif

The " :P " means I'm yanking his chain a bit.

Then again, we could make the case that the very brief opinion he ventured wasn't exactly substantive.

:P , again. But still, if you don't want to be gently called out on it, keep the conversation on the logos, not your fellow posters.

Archived