The Carolina Panthers new logo is HERE

DeFrank

the normal Nike-fellating bunch

okay, now we've had one snarky pro-Nike attack on posters and one snarky anti-Nike attack. Broad sweeping generalizations have been made in both directions.

You're even; can we stop commenting on other posters, presumed or otherwise, and keep it on the logo itself?

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whether people love nearly every single thing Nike does because they actually do, or because they throw their full support behind Nike to carry the flame of uniform advancement, I don't know. Regardless, there are some people who will fawn over almost anything Nike does. I wasn't starting a flame war. Like I said, I could see those people saying it was good just because it was an update, but I am surprised that this logo is liked by almost all.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

the normal Nike-fellating bunch

okay, now we've had one snarky pro-Nike attack on posters and one snarky anti-Nike attack. Broad sweeping generalizations have been made in both directions.

You're even; can we stop commenting on other posters, presumed or otherwise, and keep it on the logo itself?

For me, this Panthers logo tweak is neither pro-Nike or anti-Nike. It's up there with the Lions tweak that I also really like and that was during Reebok's tenure. To me, it's just a nice modern update that flows so much better than the original.

Well, I think a lot of people like it as its a decent modernization of what they had. Could be improved, of course, but it works.

When can we expect the finished vector version?

The official release :P

When will that be? Just prior to start of next season?

I like the logo alot, very nice upgrade. I'm a fan of keeping the logo essentially and modernizing it.

See: Lightning before their travesty now.

See: Seahawks.

See: Falcons.

See: Sharks.

Usually, as of late it seems, teams new logos are just trash. At least for the state of Florida, we seem to have a penchant for making the worst logo possible. Marlins, Bolts, and Devil Rays.

Really nice work, and I'm a guy who isn't a big fan of most new looks.

2ly2w09.jpg

Here's all 32 gloves:

426779_10151231220855721_57460905720_22766962_953177391_n.jpg

Looks like the Panthers is the only "leak." Not sure if the other 31 aren't changing anything or if the redesigns there are too obvious not to catch when making these.

And, for the record, I have no qualms about the new panther. It definitely looks quite badass. Now, the only thing I'm curious about is why Nike makes these with the hand gesture when I remember a college game a year or so ago when a player got flagged for showing off the design.

I do not understand this. I think that if the players started show boating, I would think there would be more unsportsmanlike conduct penalties called...but that is just me.

Here's all 32 gloves:

426779_10151231220855721_57460905720_22766962_953177391_n.jpg

Looks like the Panthers is the only "leak." Not sure if the other 31 aren't changing anything or if the redesigns there are too obvious not to catch when making these.

And, for the record, I have no qualms about the new panther. It definitely looks quite badass. Now, the only thing I'm curious about is why Nike makes these with the hand gesture when I remember a college game a year or so ago when a player got flagged for showing off the design.

I do not understand this. I think that if the players started show boating, I would think there would be more unsportsmanlike conduct penalties called...but that is just me.

Agreed. These seem designed to run afoul of the NFL's celebration rules, props being prohibited.

Sure, they fly in college. But pros are held to a somewhat higher standard.

Anyone else think that from the looks of the new gloves, the Colts might go with a blue helmet with the white logo?

I don't think I've ever seen Nike have a different logo on the gloves than the helmets, and if so, I'd seem kind of odd

what about those Giants gloves?

SouthParkBaseballOriolespngsmall.png

Anyone else think that from the looks of the new gloves, the Colts might go with a blue helmet with the white logo?

I don't think I've ever seen Nike have a different logo on the gloves than the helmets, and if so, I'd seem kind of odd

yea, good point

not much you can really figure out based just on the gloves

lol

Might go along with HGI's facebook status about "What do the Giants and Colts have in common". Just throwing that out there...

403771_10151232985000721_57460905720_22773389_1048542056_n.jpg

looks like gold to me

I don't think it'd be a color error either, because they could easily just desat the outline

Oh it certainly does!! That would be an interesting addition to the Falcons. Wow, gold trim would look interesting.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Archived