The Carolina Panthers new logo is HERE

DeFrank

I like that I opened the thread, saw the gloves and barely noticed any changes at first cell-phone screen glance. (The eyes stood out, mainly.) But after seeing them side-by-side, I do think it's a nice modernization. I like that the blue outline became shading, and I like the added curves -- even the chin looks like it fits fine in this version to me. Also, I'm not sure I realized the Panthers ears were supposed to be back like an angry cat until this version made it much more pronounced.

I'm glad the Panthers went this route and I hope that, much like some of the older modernizations like the 49ers and Dolphins, they only tweak a few things and that they still look like themselves.

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Upon looking at the logo again on my actual computer (only saw it on my phone yesterday), it looks much better than I thought.

panthers_new.png

It's still a little campy comic-book-ish, but it's not as bad as I thought. Has potential

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Seeing the old vs new just shows how terrible the original logo was IMO. Granted the new one isnt perfect by any means (especially the chin), it has definitely grown on me a lot. I see so many upgrades with this, the blue becoming lighting and more than just an outline, reduction of silver, got rid of the color changing whiskers, and overall just looks a lot more dynamic and not so stationary. I definitely see this as a good modern tweak a la the Cardinals, Falcons & Seahawks.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

My favorite update is the replacement of the Angry Eyebrows with the more true-to-life feline eyes. Looking at the old logo by the new one, I'm reminded how when I was in grade school, Angry Eyebrows were all it took to make something seem aggressive or malicious.

jerryseinfeld1.jpg

This Jerry Seinfeld is sinister and dangerous, to a third-grader.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Well I've held off from posting my initial reactions, and have spent a good amount of time staring at the new panther hoping it would grow on me... And it has. While I'll always feel partial to the former logo, it could have been a lot worse. I get what they were going for, however I feel that there are just a few things that they could polish, and make this look great. I was angry at first, not necessarily so much at the logo, but I'm now trying to visualize the wordmarks and the new uniforms. I love our uniforms, and clearly some things are going to change as I'm not sure this would fit so well with out current set. The main thing I want is to avoid a panther blue helmet, and to completely avoid some ridiculous looking number font.

The Lions logo update was pretty nice, however I despise the numbers on the new uniforms, and will be extremely upset if we get some trash like that. Obviously the official logo has yet to drop, so there may be a few minor tweaks as this is just being taken from a pair of gloves. I'll save my remarks on what the new jerseys look like, when they finally drop or leak, I don't want to get angry at speculated designs in my head, or pidgeonhole something as a bad look, until I see the complete set. I guess heres to hoping for a nice uniform set to complete this sleeker transition in logo.

Anyone else think that from the looks of the new gloves, the Colts might go with a blue helmet with the white logo?

I don't think I've ever seen Nike have a different logo on the gloves than the helmets, and if so, I'd seem kind of odd

what about those Giants gloves?

The Saints logo on the gloves is not what is on the helmet either.

I wouldn't read too much into anything of the sort...it's just what looked good on the gloves, probably...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Anyone else think that from the looks of the new gloves, the Colts might go with a blue helmet with the white logo?

I don't think I've ever seen Nike have a different logo on the gloves than the helmets, and if so, I'd seem kind of odd

I wouldn't read too much into anything of the sort...it's just what looked good on the gloves, probably...

Those are clearly changes to the Panthers, Seahawks, and Falcons. But I do think people are looking too in to the Colts and Giants. However, I do think the Dolphins have a lighter aqua look that greatly resembles their original.

Those are clearly changes to the Panthers, Seahawks, and Falcons. But I do think people are looking too in to the Colts and Giants. However, I do think the Dolphins have a lighter aqua look that greatly resembles their original.

I wouldn't say there are clear changes to the Seahawks, Falcons, or Dolphins. Possible changes in color, maybe, but saying the changes are "clear" is more than a stretch. The Falcons' gold is not as bold or as saturated as the gold for the Ravens, 49ers, or Saints, so I'm reluctant to say that's a change. If they wanted to use gold like they do on the throwbacks, the gold would have shown as clear as day, just like the other teams.

This "gold":

403771_10151232985000721_57460905720_22773389_1048542056_n.jpg

is far different than this gold:

429488_10151232985230721_57460905720_22773392_865327982_n.jpg

Can someone put the current and "new" Seahawks logos side-by-side please?

418973_10151232990905721_57460905720_22773442_1915059100_n.jpg

994.gif

Personally, I think people want to see changes, ergo, there are "clearly" changes...

But there aren't. Lighting creates a big part in this.

I think the Falcons logo is still clearly silver. If you look at the lighter parts of the logo, it looks like that. The only places where it appears to be gold are spots that have dark shadows.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

After staring at the new logo for a while I thought it would look a whole lot better if the chin just stopped right where chins are supposed to stop, if you catch my drift. Just erased part of a line and I think it solves at least one of the problems.

PostedImage-4.jpg

What do you guys think?

After staring at the new logo for a while I thought it would look a whole lot better if the chin just stopped right where chins are supposed to stop, if you catch my drift. Just erased part of a line and I think it solves at least one of the problems.

PostedImage-4.jpg

What do you guys think?

That's a big improvement, nice job.

spacer.png

I like the added depth of the logo, but it it has so many things that are bugging me.

1. The left eye makes it look like it's squinting

2.The left ear is too small

3. The cyan that is supposed to separate the head from the shoulder looks like it was just plopped there for no purpose. It should be attached to the cyan near the ear

4.The lower distorted teeth and the upside down flacco manchu look terrible

5. The whiskers are too short

6. The triangular shape below the jaw is not curvy while the rest of the logo is.

Overall I'd say it's a small upgrade. Looks very comic bookish, and I think it will be dated pretty fast.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Sorry man! I totally missed that post! I'm just glad that I'm not the only one who sees it...

Wasn't ment to look for credit for posting it first... was posting it to show that, indeed, you are not the only one who sees it...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived