Browns Super Bowl logo

pjc1021

Why do Browns fans hate the idea of using a dog as their logo so much? They used to use that reject Keebler elf as their logo. What in the world did that have to do with the team's nickname?

At this point, using any clipart pic has to be better than that boring old orange helmet.

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do Browns fans hate the idea of using a dog as their logo so much? They used to use that reject Keebler elf as their logo. What in the world did that have to do with the team's nickname?

A "brownie" is an elf-like creature from British folklore.

At this point, using any clipart pic has to be better than that boring old orange helmet.

I think most Browns fans would make the claim that the dog logo is a reference to the Dawg Pound, which no longer exists. Plus others would say that the Dawg Pound is for the fans and doesn't refer to the team itself, so the dog logo wouldn't be good for the team.

Me personally, I just want something besides the helmet to be the primary logo.

T1oYViW.png

I think most Browns fans would make the claim that the dog logo is a reference to the Dawg Pound, which no longer exists. Plus others would say that the Dawg Pound is for the fans and doesn't refer to the team itself, so the dog logo wouldn't be good for the team.

I thought the Dawg Pound still existed. Yeah, it's an awful, faux Dawg Pound, just like the new Browns, but I thought it was still there.

I think most Browns fans would be happy with two things. The elf logo as the primary and the return of orange pants. As far as the dog logo goes, it just doesn't have the history that the helmet and even the elf does. The defense was first referred to as the dawgs back in the 80s, by CB Hanford Dixon I believe. Then eventually became the name of the bleacher section. So the logo represents both the team and players. Not really sure what makes you believe that the Dawg Pound no longer exists either. I went to most of the games last year and even during an awful year, it's still alive and well. They obviously aren't allowed to throw bones onto the field like the 80s, but it's still there.

I thought the Dawg Pound still existed. Yeah, it's an awful, faux Dawg Pound, just like the new Browns, but I thought it was still there.

There is a section of the stadium still that is called the "Dawg Pound" but I know plenty of Browns fans that were alive when the original Dawg Pound first started, and they all say that compared to the old Dawg Pound, the current one is a joke. I wasn't alive during the original Dawg Pound, but from what I've heard, it was a really rowdy place. This new Dawg Pound seems to me like a few guys dressed up in ridiculous outfits trying to get on TV.

T1oYViW.png

If the San Francisco 49ers can turn it around, why not the Browns.

Quiz: Name the other three (Current teams) NFL teams that have not made the Superbowl besides the Browns?

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Lions, Texans, Jaguars

Cleveland is the only team/city to have never played in or hosted the super bowl.

There is a section of the stadium still that is called the "Dawg Pound" but I know plenty of Browns fans that were alive when the original Dawg Pound first started, and they all say that compared to the old Dawg Pound, the current one is a joke. I wasn't alive during the original Dawg Pound, but from what I've heard, it was a really rowdy place. This new Dawg Pound seems to me like a few guys dressed up in ridiculous outfits trying to get on TV.

I think you'll find that at most stadiums, sections like this have been toned down a bit due to the NFL and individual teams desire for more of a "fan friendly" atmosphere. Some things I agree with, especially after the horrific incidents at the Giants-Dogdgers and 49ers-Raiders games. But you can definitely tell a difference between the Pound and the rest of the stadium. I sat there once and it was awful, not something I would suggest an opposing fan to do. You'll still see the players congregate there before and after games, and the occasional drunks that will storm the field and get knocked out by security.

I still don't know why the Brownies don't return their mask to white, get some orange alt pants and use <=B=> on their helmet. It's OK to be 2012.

Trying to emulate the 1964 now-Baltimore Ravens (Cleveland's last championship team), I guess. :wacko:

6uXNWAo.png

I really don't think we'll have to worry about that anytime soon.

lol, you're probably right :)

i'm not a Browns fan, but maybe they could get RG3 ....that would be good for that team/city.

No. That would be a terrible draft choice for the Browns.

Well we have to be family friendly now. So the stands don't bounce up and down anymore, can't throw dog food anymore... or batteries.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I've always felt this would make a fine primary/Super Bowl endzone logo:

2tgfj27mexxtg6gt2mhwax6wr.gif

That would be the Browns' primary logo in my perfect world. I wouldn't put it on the helmets, but I would use it as the primary in every other case (endzones, centre field, network use, etc...).

Archived