Browns Super Bowl logo

pjc1021

I've always felt this would make a fine primary/Super Bowl endzone logo:

2tgfj27mexxtg6gt2mhwax6wr.gif

They did have it in the endzones a few years back, in addition to the dog logo. Looked pretty cool, but the issue I have is that if a logo is going to incorporate a single letter to represent the team it should be a "C" for cleveland and not a "B". That's why the Indians block C is so much better than the cursive I, and with most sports you rarely see an initial from a nickname looking good.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They did have it in the endzones a few years back, in addition to the dog logo. Looked pretty cool, but the issue I have is that if a logo is going to incorporate a single letter to represent the team it should be a "C" for cleveland and not a "B". That's why the Indians block C is so much better than the cursive I, and with most sports you rarely see an initial from a nickname looking good.

This guy did a mock-up of it using a C instead of a B. I think it looks great.

http://gridiron-league.com/#2436060/-ABOUT

That would be the Browns' primary logo in my perfect world. I wouldn't put it on the helmets, but I would use it as the primary in every other case (endzones, centre field, network use, etc...).

That's a lot better than just using the helmet as the logo, that's for sure,. Now that I think about it... an orange football with the helmet stripe running across wouldn't be a bad idea either.

I saw, I came, I left.

That would be the Browns' primary logo in my perfect world. I wouldn't put it on the helmets, but I would use it as the primary in every other case (endzones, centre field, network use, etc...).

Uhg. That logo is so bad. I don't understand how that actually appeals to people.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Uhg. That logo is so bad. I don't understand how that actually appeals to people.

What don't you like about it? It's simple and would work fine in an endzone or on print medium. Frankly, I think it works much better than just a generic helmet logo.

Infinitely better than the elf and the dog. Especially the dog. Like Ice Cap said, I'd leave the helmets blank but have this be the official logo in every other way.

Of course, the Gridiron League's version is the best:

prt_220x272_1325733241.jpg

spacer.png

They need a logo other than the helmet that's only used for TV and print, but if they were to make the Super Bowl next season, I'd rather see a plain orange endzone that says Browns in it rather than one that has the helmet logo in it, unless it's one of the old-style 2-bar helmet side views that used to appear in the endzones of Super Bowls.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived