Wildcat logo

The Fixer

don't worry! I still plan to finish and update my Florida Gators concept but I have to finish this logo first:

So I was asked by my schools new Ultimate Frisbee team to make a logo for them for the jerseys, and other apparel. I didn't realize how hard wildcats are to draw. I had a really hard time even getting started and had horrible time with reference images. I ended up doing basically a wildcat version of my gators concept. As you can see they are very similar.

I have to finish this in the next few days or so so they can order the jerseys. I am totally lost. I feel like I got a good start but I don't know how to finish. i am open to all ideas.

I think the difficult part is the shape of the logo. I would LOVE to just have the wildcat head but its kind of a weird shape to end the back of the head. if you have ideas of how to end that let me know.

So basically, throw out all ideas you have to fix this logo! I'm hoping for a quick turn around.

"Concept: Speed round"

wildcat.png

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me, it's the teeth that are throwing this thing off. It's got a LOT of potential, though. The teeth look likr the canines are centered, when they should be on the outside edge of the front of the face (hope that makes sense).

I think fixing that would make a huge improvement.

A very nice start IMO. The only things that really pop out at me is it seems the perspective on the top front teeth is a bit off. It doesn't seem that they line up correctly with the bottom two front teeth. Also, the shadow behind the mouth makes it look like part of his mouth, maybe try separating that a bit. Just a couple of minor things as well, that are probably more personal preference than anything, but a little more detail in the cat, not much, but a little would give it a little more life. and also maybe carry the white from the shield all the way over on the top (behind the cat). Not necessarily over the top of the head, but at least to the left of it. Hope that helps.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

Just another thought as I look at this. The interior of the mouth, towards the bottom jaw is way too curvy. The blue shadowed area that meets the white of the shield towards the bottom jaw. Kind of hard to descirbe but I hope you get what I am talking about.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

Needs more definition on the face that it's a cat, some sort of whisker or ear adaptation. It looks more like a dog (a very cool looking dog, mind you) at the present.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Getting more of a beaver dog vibe here than wildcat. Refine the lines to be more cat like by fixing the ear's curves, add some whiskers or something as mentioned, and fix those top teeth which don't have to be so huge.

Midway.png

Extend the head farther to the right. Shrink the star. Make the star more rigid and less plump. The wildcat head looks fierce, the star looks like it belongs in a nursery.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I know what you both mean :/

it probably is too flat but I had a crazy time trying trying to even START a wildcat logo. I hope i never have to do a cat logo again. (well at least until I get some education)

and here is another version. The teeth could probably still use some refinement...but i had to get one out today and this is what I sent. Hopefully they like the general logo and I'll fix the few nitpicks i have in the final.

Wildcat1.png

Jesus, that's pretty badass. Scared the hell out of me. Something about the snout/whiskers bugs me, but it's definitely a cat now.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Jesus, that's pretty badass. Scared the hell out of me. Something about the snout/whiskers bugs me, but it's definitely a cat now.

Thank you! Love that time in a concept when people giving constructive criticism and say "NOW it's good". The whiskers bug me too but I don't know a better way to do it. But have some ideas I'll fix, if they choose it.

Archived