Baseball 2012

JayJaxon

Is the Rockies' "CR" vest still part of their uniform package?

I don't think so, but I have it ready to add just in case it pops up this year or if someone can confirm it is in fact still one of the uniforms.

EDIT: Alrighty, that question just got answered. No 'CR' vest for Colorado this year.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a big baseball guy, but isn't black out for the Mets? Also, the Rangers are wearing 3 or so throwbacks this season.

I'm aware of the Rangers Throwbacks. But those are going to be used like the Angels throwbacks were used last year. So I don't include them in the regular rotation. I'll just note when they were worn and against who.

I know I done told you this once before, but I think it's worth mentioning again just how much I LOVE that comic-book-style presentation template. It's definitely unique, and if you ever hit it big in this business, that illustration style will definitely become your signature.

Allow me to politely dissent, if I can do so without going OT.

The body positions are awkward, and the proportions are too far off. That wouldn't bother me if it were more simplified and stylized, but the figures are too detailed to make them work.

Are the Rays really wearing those striped socks with their alternates? I really like them. Wish more teams would wear the striped stirrup socks like the Cards have. I agree the A's have the best uniforms in all of pro sports. That's why they are my 2nd favorite team behind the Brewers of course :)

Is it wrong to root for a team just for their uniforms? Well...and I guess I liked the big 3 back in the early 2000s too.

Are the Rays really wearing those striped socks with their alternates? I really like them. Wish more teams would wear the striped stirrup socks like the Cards have. I agree the A's have the best uniforms in all of pro sports. That's why they are my 2nd favorite team behind the Brewers of course :)

Is it wrong to root for a team just for their uniforms? Well...and I guess I liked the big 3 back in the early 2000s too.

I also agree that the A's have one of the most unique color schemes in ALL of sports. And I must add that their gold alternate is the best alternate in baseball.

I know I done told you this once before, but I think it's worth mentioning again just how much I LOVE that comic-book-style presentation template. It's definitely unique, and if you ever hit it big in this business, that illustration style will definitely become your signature.

Allow me to politely dissent, if I can do so without going OT.

The body positions are awkward, and the proportions are too far off. That wouldn't bother me if it were more simplified and stylized, but the figures are too detailed to make them work.

My one critique is that all the letter/numbers are straight across the jersey, however the jersey is slightly angled. The right shoulder is up a bit and the left shoulder down, which makes the letters seem off, like they were sewn on crooked.

Yes guys, I am well aware of the flaws and I know it's not a perfect template. But look at it from my perspective. This is what I ended up with after months and months of trying other things. I didn't want to do it myself because I knew I would never be satisfied with it. But I got to the point where I had to come up with something. This project needed to get past the planning and research stage and I had to come up with something. Is this template really that bad? Per my agreement with Marc Okkonen, I went with a pitcher. Here is another bit of info: I don't draw people. I've never been able to. So to get this far with something is a personal accomplishment.

I'm not trying to rant here. Nor have I ever said that this is the best template out there. But it is the product of my labor and it's 100% mine. Nobody likes hearing that after countless hours of work it's just not up to some people's standards, but I really have no choice at this point. I'm way too deep into this thing to change it now. It's not completely un-workable. I know...I've made over 1000 examples using it.

It's a fine template, Jay. There's no way to get a perfect balance: if you want to display the scripts and numbers as they are with no distortion, there's no pose in the world that achieves that. It gets the point across.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Can you reduce the shading without redrawing the whole thing? IMO it's distracting and almost looks like camo.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Rays have been wearing them, at least since last year (but maybe the year before).

Exactly. Nobody's really going to see it other than people at the park and whatever small audience watches on TV (if that's a game that's aired).

Then again, it's the Mets, so they could wear pink polka dots all season and nobody would notice.

If a crappy team wears a clown suit and nobody watches, did they really wear it?

(And by the way, Let's Go Mets! Anything other than last place = a successful season in 2012.)

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Archived