Baseball 2012

JayJaxon

I want to say the Rays wear the stirrups on every uniform, but the whites and greys always have the pant leg completely down.

I was wondering about this. Is there any way you can find out for sure and get back to me on it?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did the Red Sox ditch the alt cap with the socks on it?(hope this wasn't covered already...)

A long, long time ago. I think midseason 2009 or the start of 2010.

When that cap was first introduced, I loved it. I even purchased one. However, seeing it on the field, it was obviously not good for the team.

It's sad, the Red Sox no longer wear that cap, but the team's store still sells the cap for full price. I wonder why they haven't officially eliminated it. Maybe because people like it as a fashion cap.

spacer.png

Did the Red Sox ditch the alt cap with the socks on it?(hope this wasn't covered already...)

When that cap was first introduced, I loved it. I even purchased one. However, seeing it on the field, it was obviously not good for the team.

It's sad, the Red Sox no longer wear that cap, but the team's store still sells the cap for full price. I wonder why they haven't officially eliminated it. Maybe because people like it as a fashion cap.

it started as a fashion cap and I'm sure that it's a big seller...I think they should bring the red cap back from time to time...maybe <=5x a year

I love these.

Are these the official grays for each team? Some of them look really dark.

There aren't very many individual shades of grey anymore. The teams that switched to COOLBASE grey are all the same now. Majestic only makes one shade of grey in COOLBASE.

So it's COOLBASE grey, whatever shade the Yankees wear, and the teams that give individual players the choice to wear doubleknits or CB (like Pujols or Cliff Lee when he was in Texas).

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

The hanging socks cap is in MLB 12: The Show. Although, I wouldn't consider a video game to be the best source for uniform info.

I want to say the Rays wear the stirrups on every uniform, but the whites and greys always have the pant leg completely down.

I was wondering about this. Is there any way you can find out for sure and get back to me on it?

I THOUGHT I saw them on the whites before, but I can't find a picture. I just tweeted at Joe Maddon, so hopefully I can get a reply!

The hanging socks cap is in MLB 12: The Show. Although, I wouldn't consider a video game to be the best source for uniform info.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's still an "official" on-field cap and is "officially" still in the style guide which SCEA San Diego received, even when the team hasn't worn it for years.

I chose it for a road game in Kansas City with the regular roadies, it looked terrible.

spacer.png

Jay_jaxon is my Twitter name

you got a follow from me, love these can't wait to see the rest

Thanks for the follow! I hope you enjoy the rest of the sets.

Just finished the Giants, Dodgers, and Diamondbacks. I'll post them soon.

Hello. First off, I want to say how much I love your template. Your drawings look very realistic and awesome. Excellent job. I also sent you a follow request on Twitter (@NoNickAdrian)

(This is actually a project I've wanted to get off the ground for years, but I've never put together the time.)

Second, I edit the MLB 12: The Show Uniform Table for the Operation Sports forums and track all 30 teams all year long.

(I do this because the game's designers only have so many "slots" in the game to put in caps, jerseys, and pants. When the game auto-selects jerseys, it just sets all "Home" or all "H-Alternate". This doesn't work for a team like the Rays and their light blue alternates being the "Road Alternate" when they never, ever, wear it on the road.)

Anyway, I can error-check your templates.

1) Colorado's all-black hat is worn at home, and the hat with the purple brim is worn on the road.

2) Also, they did get rid of their white "CR" vest last year.

3) Detroit and St. Louis never wear their spring training jerseys or hats. (But including them anyway is good)

4) Boston wears red undershirts with their red alternates.

5) Cincinnati wears the all-red cap with their red alternates.

Everything else is good, or I haven't noticed.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's still an "official" on-field cap and is "officially" still in the style guide which SCEA San Diego received, even when the team hasn't worn it for years.

Actually, they do still wear it, but extremely rarely. For example, here's a photo of a game from last year, and another.

CCLSCsig-1.jpg

Uniform tracker - 2011 version coming soon...

Thanks for the comments. I know the Yankees will be wearing a throwback uniform. I usually won't include these until they are worn but I would be happy to render one for you if you want to see it.

Doran, you are about to get a PM.

Ugh, those new Marlins jerseys only have one version with the actual team name on them? That's almost as bad as every single Rangers jersey saying "TEXAS".

It's pretty poor how all video games, across sports and across developer, get really basic uni stuff wrong. And not even because they keep unused stuff in because of the style guide, remember when the MLB 2k game had the underline on the Phillies jerseys?

Thanks for the comments. I know the Yankees will be wearing a throwback uniform. I usually won't include these until they are worn but I would be happy to render one for you if you want to see it.

They are wearing 100-year old throwbacks along with the Red Sox for a series at Fenway, right?

1zgyd8w.jpg

Archived