2012 MLB Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris Sale reminds me of a lefty Kevin Brown.

Didn't pitch well tonight but the guy has great stuff. As I said awhile ago has to add some bulk onto that frame, but once he does I think he is going to be just as good as Brown was if not better.

Well the Cardinals lost another tonight because the MLB likes to pretend it's not the 21st century. It's just astounding that they're satisfied with a product that gets outcomes of games incorrectly because they won't use readily available technology.

That's at least 3 games that the were VERY directly lost (although I cannot say for certain they would have been won) by the Cardinals on late game calls that could have been fixed with instant replay. Will there be nearly as many that go in the Cardinals favor by the end of the season (possibly some already having happened)?

Sure, I'd say it's entirely possible. In theory it balances out (but it's also random, so it might not), but the point is that we shouldn't fall back on such a flimsy excuse like that, we should just get the calls right from the get go.

Instant replay is such an obvious fix that the stubbornness of the MLB makes my head want to asplode.

Chris Sale reminds me of a lefty Kevin Brown.

Didn't pitch well tonight but the guy has great stuff. As I said awhile ago has to add some bulk onto that frame, but once he does I think he is going to be just as good as Brown was if not better.

Sale's arm is going to come flying off... he's got terrible mechanics for starting.

So maybe in that case, he will be similar to Kevin Brown.

Oh, we've got more!

In the top of the first today, the Royals had first and second with nobody out. A liner was hit to the Cardinals pitcher who may or may not have caught it on the fly. I never saw a replay that showed it. But the home plate ump raised his hand and called the out. So the pitcher threw to first for the double play, and then to second for the triple play. And that's what the umps called it.

They then got together and changed the call. They decided he didn't catch it. That might be the correct call. Again, I haven't seen a clear replay of it. What's absurd, is that they allowed the runners to advance to second and third. The only reason the Cardinals pitcher didn't throw to second or third FIRST is because the ump called it a catch, not a force play. At the very least you give the Royals runners at first and second with one out, but that's even crappy because they would have turned a double play.

The Royals scored a run in the inning. I hadn't heard if the Cardinals were playing under protest, but I believe they could and should.

The Cardinals did just hit a 2-run shot to take the lead and ease a little of the pain for now.

Been a crazy game in STL. The Cardinals seemed to put that screwy non-triple play behind them and took a 6-1 lead early. Then they went to their bullpen, which obviously blew the lead. That was helped along by another blown call (batted ball bounced and hit batter in hand, but was called in play not foul).

The Cardinals then answered with 3 runs to re-take the lead. That was helped by a couple of strikes not being called for the Royals. (Molina probably should have struck out rather than gotten the 2-RBI hit).

There's no doubt games would unfold differently if calls were made correctly using Instant Replay and an Automated Strike Zone.

This games not over yet anyways. The Cardinals bullpen still has to get lucky enough to get the final 6 outs.

Well, the Nats really need to do something about Lidge.

I don't think there's much they can do with him outside of releasing him.

He's not an essential part of that bullpen and hasn't been ever since he lost the closer spot to Tyler Clippard who I don't see giving it up even when Storen comes back.

Baseball's lord and savior went 0-for-7 with 5 Ks today.

That's a clown effort, bro.

19 year old against the red hot Yankees. It happens sometimes.

Forget the Yankees. He's yet to impress me versus any opponent.

Mike Trout >>>>>>>> Douche Harper

6uXNWAo.png

Baseball's lord and savior went 0-for-7 with 5 Ks today.

That's a clown effort, bro.

19 year old against the red hot Yankees. It happens sometimes.

Forget the Yankees. He's yet to impress me versus any opponent.

Mike Trout >>>>>>>> Douche Harper

1242032359_haters-gonna-hate.gif

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Oh, we've got more!

In the top of the first today, the Royals had first and second with nobody out. A liner was hit to the Cardinals pitcher who may or may not have caught it on the fly. I never saw a replay that showed it. But the home plate ump raised his hand and called the out. So the pitcher threw to first for the double play, and then to second for the triple play. And that's what the umps called it.

They then got together and changed the call. They decided he didn't catch it. That might be the correct call. Again, I haven't seen a clear replay of it. What's absurd, is that they allowed the runners to advance to second and third. The only reason the Cardinals pitcher didn't throw to second or third FIRST is because the ump called it a catch, not a force play. At the very least you give the Royals runners at first and second with one out, but that's even crappy because they would have turned a double play.

The Royals scored a run in the inning. I hadn't heard if the Cardinals were playing under protest, but I believe they could and should.

The Cardinals did just hit a 2-run shot to take the lead and ease a little of the pain for now.

Finally saw this play on the beginning of the replay game. Looked like he caught it, but regardless, the umpire ruled out. Kelly threw to first. The ball was eventually thrown to second for a seemingly triple play. The umpire ruled it a catch, thus the reason for throws to first and then second. Not only did he then change is mind, but they only ruled the batter out at first and allowed the other two to advance to second and third. Pure crap.

Archived