2012 MLB Season

GriffinM6

I heard this on the radio this morning that apparently Braun has an STD and the medicine he has to take is what made his testosterone go crazy. I hope sooner or later that the whole story comes out or else everyone is gonna still believe that he took steroids and that MLB is protecting one of its star players by not suspending him.

Yeah, well I heard on the radio this morning that space aliens shot his sample full of testosterone in the basement. Just as plausible and credible.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't disagree with the way this properly turned out, but I object to the people who are postulating that Braun got off because he's a "good guy." I've always felt Braun radiates a particular strain of oblivious alpha-male douchebaggery, and this from someone who abhors baseball's troglodytic culture of "that guy was trying to get some crap out of his eye but it could have been construed as winking at me, for which I will throw a 90-mph projectile at his head."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I just have a hard time following how his sample just magically got tainted and no else's did. I mean, he said specifically that the samples aren't assigned by name but randomized numbers ... why him?

And what is this whole private medical issue about? Why did he bring it up if perhaps it didn't supposedly raise the testosterone level? Seems like he got out of this one by finding a odd loophool in the case.

I don't disagree with the way this properly turned out, but I object to the people who are postulating that Braun got off because he's a "good guy." I've always felt Braun radiates a particular strain of oblivious alpha-male douchebaggery, and this from someone who abhors baseball's troglodytic culture of "that guy was trying to get some crap out of his eye but it could have been construed as winking at me, for which I will throw a 90-mph projectile at his head."

If I was him I wouldn't have said anything. Let the public think what they want to think. Don't try to defend yourself in a court of public opinion. Instead he did and I thought he looked terrible. He came off as being very whiny. Woe was me through this process seemed to be the central message. At least have the decency to bring in a violinist if that's going to be the central theme of the press conference.

Bottom line is this. When you have Rafael Palmeiro and Roger Clemens in all likelyhood lying in front of congress, the union dragging its feet on the issue for a decade. You've lost all credibility as a ballplayer when it comes to defending yourself from these accusations true or not. Too many people have been caught lying to believe anybody anymore. That's the part players don't seem to get. They've long since lost the public opinion battle but they are carrying on like they've had it the whole time. I think that's what's making people angry more then whether or not guys are actually using PED's.

"Woe is me" how dare he complain that the preliminary results of his test were leaked contrary to policy and his test was conducted contrary to policy

People are angry because they are told to be angry by idiot sportswriters who think no one did PEDs until Jose Canseco, and that they are magic pills that turn anyone into superstars. The fact of the matter is there have been drug cheats in baseball since the 1800s and there's no conclusive proof of how they make you a better player.

1zgyd8w.jpg

While the science of MLB proved that Braun failed the test, the process is where he is not guilty.

A teenager apparently was the first to break that Braun had an out via the process.

Curt Hogg is a high-school junior who lives in Brown Deer, Wis. On Feb. 14, he wrote a post on his Milwaukee Brewers fan blog, Plushdamentals, reporting that Ryan Braun's PED urine test sample had been mishandled. Yesterday, the rest of the world learned that Hogg's reporting was correct: Braun avoided a 50-day suspension because his specimen had been kept overnight in a refrigerator before being mailed, violating MLB protocol. Hogg's source was a friend of someone who works out with one of Braun's former University of Miami (Fla.) teammates. The teenager published the report without attempting to corroborate it, which might explain why his story didn't make a ripple for more than a week. Nevertheless, Hogg had it right, and he scooped every other baseball writer in the country.

426346_10150559916596766_39399781765_9405233_405098022_n.jpg

What a boss!

Could anyone picture Francona ever doing this? haha

I want him back in Flushing /Cries

You guys can have him, we'll take Francona.

That's typical Bobby V.

In the 70's he won a gum contest for blowing the largest bubble.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I thought Terry Francona wouldn't be able to ride a bike in that outfit because he has to wear long sleeves or else he dies.

This was great, good work.

As for Bobby V, let's be honest here, the Sox are going to suck this year. Too many holes to fill that haven't been filled. Some have actually been made bigger (SS). The only reasons this Sox team is worth watching are a. it's baseball and b. Bobby's post-game news conferences.

I thought Terry Francona wouldn't be able to ride a bike in that outfit because he has to wear long sleeves or else he dies.

As for Bobby V, let's be honest here, the Sox are going to suck this year. Too many holes to fill that haven't been filled. Some have actually been made bigger (SS). The only reasons this Sox team is worth watching are a. it's baseball and b. Bobby's post-game news conferences.

They took the last month of the season off and still won 90 games. If they had just played bad instead of absolutely god-awful in that last month they'd have breezed into the postseason. The Sox will be fine.

IUe6Hvh.png

They took the last month of the season off and still won 90 games. If they had just played bad instead of absolutely god-awful in that last month they'd have breezed into the postseason. The Sox will be fine.

I guess by suck I meant a 90 win team. Quite frankly I love the fact that I associate a 90 win Red Sox team as "sucking." how spoiled we've been. Regardless, I still don't think they'll make much noise, if any, in October. Hope I'm wrong though.

Archived