2012 MLB Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they've already got like 18 don't they? they just need someone to prove themself like what happened for the yankees next year (easier said than done). But they do have padilla, ohlendorf,hill, miller,cook, silva...some of these guys are probably washed up/suck but you never know. someone better catch lightning in a bottle anyway. i don't exactly trust bard just yet, and the fifth spot is empty right now.

The Red Sox front three is solid enough, probably better than that of the Yankees, but there are plenty of question marks to have, given Clay's inability to stay healthy (and back problems are a bitch, but we already knew that) and that's an even numbered year for Josh Beckett (something I'd never lend credence to, but that bastard has shown his entire career that mystifying trend).

And signing Roy Oswalt, now or in July, won't answer anything. He's one sneeze away from paralysis, so it's probably better for him just to retire. That, and he's really not the pitcher he used to be anymore, anyway.

That said, Boston still has the best lineup in baseball and they did a nice job replacing the back of their bullpen after Papelbon left. No, it's not as good as New York's, but it should be good enough to help them stay afloat. Due to their September collapse, the Red Sox are being sold quite short coming into 2012, with the Rays being sold quite high. I'll start thinking well of the Rays when they start winning home playoff games again.

spacer.png

Joel Zumaya is done done done done

I don't think he'll ever throw a Major League pitch again.

Hell he may even get hurt playing catch with his kids.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

This is hilarious. Kudos Joe Maddon:

Damon Amendolara ‏ @theDAshow

Maddon says Rays won't ban beer in clubhouse: "We're not the Boston Red Sox." Then he added, "Boom, roasted. Or do they prefer fried?"

My favorite manager in the league. Just seems like such a likeable guy.

spacer.png

Maddon says Rays won't ban beer in clubhouse: "We're not the Boston Red Sox." Then he added, "Boom, roasted. Or do they prefer fried?"

Couldn't disagree more - I've always gotten a different, smug impression about him.

About the only good thing I find about Maddon is that there at least two ushers at Tropicana Field who look just like him. At least there were the last time I went there, in Sept. of 2010.

spacer.png

Good player. Not sure he's worth that kind of coin, but if that's what it takes to keep him in DC.. all power to them

I love Zimmerman, but with his injury history I'm thinking this isn't a good deal for the Nationals. Even without his injury history he'd still be a very borderline $100 million player in my opinion.

In other news, Bengie Molina has announced his retirement.

spacer.png

Couldn't disagree more - I've always gotten a different, smug impression about him.

Maddon is too clever by half. We get that you're smarter than the average meathead jock and it's appreciated. Now dial it down.

I had these t-shirts made up for us. They say 25 = .125 = 11 = 1. Now at first glance you say that I got my math wrong. But if all 25 of our players play well, we will earn a postseason berth and represent one-eighth, or .125, of the field, at which point if we win 11 games, we will win 1 World Series. Now, because this series in Oakland is the third leg of our west coast road trip, I have furnished each one of our players with a giant novelty penis. I feel it should really help us build teamwork.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

My top 5 managers:

1. Joe Maddon-This guy transformed the Rays from a bottom dweller into a powerhouse and beating New York and Boston.

2. Bob Gibson- Like Joe, he helped the Dbacks to a division title and changed the culture of the team.

3. Mike Sociasa- He is consistantly one of the most successful managers in the MLB and now has a powerful team to work with.

4. John Farell- One of the games rising managers with an improved starting rotation and young talent.

5. Bruce Bochy- Very successful career with the Padres and the Giants (2010 WS Champs).

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

My top 5 managers:

1. Joe Maddon-This guy transformed the Rays from a bottom dweller into a powerhouse and beating New York and Boston.

2. Bob Gibson- Like Joe, he helped the Dbacks to a division title and changed the culture of the team.

3. Mike Sociasa- He is consistantly one of the most successful managers in the MLB and now has a powerful team to work with.

4. John Farell- One of the games rising managers with an improved starting rotation and young talent.

5. Bruce Bochy- Very successful career with the Padres and the Giants (2010 WS Champs).

Kirk. Kirk Gibson. The guy with the "I don't believe what I just saw" home run.

Bob Gibson was a pitcher with the Cardinals.

spacer.png

Archived