GriffinM6

2012 MLB Season

My top 5 managers:

1. Joe Maddon-This guy transformed the Rays from a bottom dweller into a powerhouse and beating New York and Boston.

AHEM.

Maddon played a part in this. New ownership with a brilliant GM is what developed the entire organization beneath Maddon.

And don't drag New York down when the only time TB beat them in anything was at periods of time when the Yankees didn't care.

My top 5 managers:

1. Joe Maddon-This guy transformed the Rays from a bottom dweller into a powerhouse and beating New York and Boston.

2. Bob Gibson- Like Joe, he helped the Dbacks to a division title and changed the culture of the team.

3. Mike Sociasa- He is consistantly one of the most successful managers in the MLB and now has a powerful team to work with.

4. John Farell- One of the games rising managers with an improved starting rotation and young talent.

5. Bruce Bochy- Very successful career with the Padres and the Giants (2010 WS Champs).

Kirk. Kirk Gibson. The guy with the "I don't believe what I just saw" home run.

Bob Gibson was a pitcher with the Cardinals.

You also misspelled Mike Scioscia and John Farrell's name. But what can you expect from such fine bargain basement caliber "Blechur Report" analysis.

/Needs slideshows.

Cardinals and Yadier Molina finalizing a 5-year extension. My brother's friend said $70mil, but I haven't seen anything official. More than likely over $10mil a year.

Jeff Samardzija, ladies and gentlemen.

140085137.jpg?w=200&h=300

Just further proves my stance on "Never trust a white guy with a mustache or a black guy without one"....

Good player. Not sure he's worth that kind of coin, but if that's what it takes to keep him in DC.. all power to them

Zim has had a solid career with the Nats and it is a very affordable deal for the Lerners. Additionally, it demonstrates that ownership is willing to shell-out money to keep key pieces to the puzzle.

I look forward to seeing how future contract negotiations proceed with Strasburg and Harper.

In other catcher related news Jason Varitek announced his retirement.

So long, captain. We still love you.

Is it just a coincedence that Varitek retires after Bobby V banned beer?

You're joking.

Rumors about Varitek's retirement have persisted throughout the entire offseason. The Red Sox weren't bringing him back after his poor production the last few years, and he had little to no desire to play for another franchise. That's why he retired.

Valentine trying to get under the Yankees skin. Nice try. Yankees look at Valentine the same way the Patriots look at Rex Ryan. Big mouths who haven't won a damn thing.

You're joking.

Rumors about Varitek's retirement have persisted throughout the entire offseason. The Red Sox weren't bringing him back after his poor production the last few years, and he had little to no desire to play for another franchise. That's why he retired.

Well I did have my tongue in my cheek.

You're joking.

Well I did have my tongue in my cheek.

What have we told you about trying to be funny?

Even though it increases the Blue Jays' odds of making it, I don't like it. The 8-team format was perfect. I also hate how it's a 1-game playoff. I know a real series isn't practical, but I would've greatly preferred 3 games. If the team that would've been in the ALDS with the old format loses to the game to the lower WC, that would really suck. Oh well, more incentive to win the division.

Yep, September 28, 2011 taught Selig and Co. nothing at all.

This is one of the worst developments in baseball in quite some time. I can't wait for a 95 win team to miss the playoffs because, in a one-game scenario, they lost to an 88 win team. For a sport where the best team almost never wins, this hardly makes it any better.

Mike Stanton wishes to be called Giancarlo Stanton.

Link

Giancarlo World Peace.

Yep, September 28, 2011 taught Selig and Co. nothing at all.

This is one of the worst developments in baseball in quite some time. I can't wait for a 95 win team to miss the playoffs because, in a one-game scenario, they lost to an 88 win team. For a sport where the best team almost never wins, this hardly makes it any better.

Well, that 95 win team should have won 99-100 games (and the division) so they didn't put themselves in that scenario. With the unbalanced schedule, you control your own destiny and only have yourself to blame if you don't win the division.

Again, if you're expanding the playoffs, this is the way to go-it nerfs the Wild Card, further emphasizes regular season success and actually adds to the excitement in divisional races.