2012 MLB Season

GriffinM6

I watched it happen and I still cant believe it. That comes from a team trying too hard and is so tired of losing they lose their damn minds.

We'll this is why I was questioning the Wandy Rodriguez trade and still am.

I get building for the future, but you got to put something out there at least. I don't understand how it can be a good idea to just throw out two straight seasons like that and I wouldn't be surprised if they threw away next year as well.

And I think this is why teams seem to go into endless rebuilding modes. They overdo it. Too much focus on the future not enough on the current product and they're able to develop any type of winning formula because eventually you have to start winning now.

Remember, though, the Astros are under a new owner and GM this year. So while it's year 2 of being awful, it's really just year one of their current plan.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched it happen and I still cant believe it. That comes from a team trying too hard and is so tired of losing they lose their damn minds.

I get building for the future, but you got to put something out there at least. I don't understand how it can be a good idea to just throw out two straight seasons like that and I wouldn't be surprised if they threw away next year as well.

And I think this is why teams seem to go into endless rebuilding modes. They overdo it. Too much focus on the future not enough on the current product and they're able to develop any type of winning formula because eventually you have to start winning now.

Remember, though, the Astros are under a new owner and GM this year. So while it's year 2 of being awful, it's really just year one of their current plan.

That's one reason to have hope if your an Astros fan. Ed Wade has become to baseball what Isiah Thomas is to basketball or Matt Millen is to football.

But even with that I would still say I'll believe things are different when the Astros start winning. That organization is out of free passes.

I understand rebuilding, and it works, but the players arent throwing in the towel mentally. They still wanna win for pride and they will make mental errors when things arent going their way.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

2011 Red Sox got nuthin' on what the 2012 Yankees are trying to do right now.

The thing with streaky teams is that it usually goes both ways.

Those that build their record on 7 and 8 game winning streaks are probably going to get swept a few times as well. That's really all I think it is. Compared to how they looked in June they're terrible, but no team is going to play .700 ball all season.

How the Orioles are 4.5 out I have no idea. They've been outscored by 95 runs coming into today. I mentioned the Twins earlier, they've only been outscored by 68 runs coming into today. Its either argubly the luckiest team in baseball history, or Buck Showalter is the greatest manager since Casey Stengel. Because that team has no business even being over .500 let alone being less then five back of the second best team in the American League record wise.

Who cares about "putting something out there"? The team was already going to suck, and trading Wandy Rodriguez was the right thing to do. He's a mediocre, 33 year old pitcher. Those prospects they got might turn into something someday, which is better than keeping a mediocre pitcher until he gets too older to have any value at all.

I do hope they "over do it" though, and consequently stay bad for a while. It would be nice to have another crap team in the AL West, especially since it looks like the A's aren't going to be an easy win anymore.

I should be enjoying Uribe doing so poorly. Winning the World Series with the Giants and then signing with the Dodgers, like, the day after the parade? How uncouth. But I take no satisfaction in it; it's just sad to watch. He had some great moments.

What a game between the Cowboys and Patriots!

Fixed it for you and Bobby Valentine seriously needs to shut the hell up. You don't call your team a playoff team when your 1 game under .500 in mid-August.

I was in favor of the hire but Valentine seems to care more about what gets said in the media then actually managing the Red Sox. Considering he's got a two year contract and how well this team has played, I would be pretty surprised if he was brought back next year or was ever allowed to manage a major league team again.

Fixed it for you and Bobby Valentine seriously needs to shut the hell up. You don't call your team a playoff team when your 1 game under .500 in mid-August.

I was in favor of the hire but Valentine seems to care more about what gets said in the media then actually managing the Red Sox. Considering he's got a two year contract and how well this team has played, I would be pretty surprised if he was brought back next year or was ever allowed to manage a major league team again.

No offense, but I can't see how anyone thought hiring Valentine was a good move. It had disaster written all over it from day one. The last thing that Red Sox team needed was another head case.

BB52Big.jpg

No offense, but I can't see how anyone thought hiring Valentine was a good move. It had disaster written all over it from day one. The last thing that Red Sox team needed was another head case.

He's always been kind of a head case, but I don't remember him being this bad. He would say things as the Mets manager that would make you turn your head and wonder what that was. But it wasn't on a weekly basis like its been in Boston. I'm not sure if its been to motivate the team somehow or to market himself or a little bit of the both, but its not working on either front.

The only thing I can say in defense of Valentine is its not all him and I'm not sure if there is a manager out there that could get this unit to be competitive. Pretty much every key player on that team with the exception of David Ortiz and Cody Ross has either been hurt, not shown up, or a combination of the two.

To propose that the Red Sox should go into rebuilding mode would be heresy to alot of fans, but I don't know what else they can do. They core unit of this team might be able to get a free pass this year because of Valentine, but if they don't improve next year, I would expect a fire sale.

:censored: the Angels and their horrible pitching staff. 1 Amazing starter, 4 inconsistent starters, and a mostly terrrible bullpen (especially middle relief). They'd be in first place if they had a semi-competent 'pen, seriously.

I can't figure out the Giants. Most inconsistent team in baseball.

Seems like the Giants are finally getting their sh-t together now that they've got Hunter Pence onboard. Posey finally breaking out and playing like a man posessed doesn't hurt either.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived