2012 MLB Season

GriffinM6

I understand that. I know 1/4 of them have come in the past 3 years. Who knows though, you may see one tomorrow or you may not see another one for 6 years. I just wouldn't automatically discount them because they have occurred more frequent in relatively recent times. It could be just random chance. And yes, there could be real factors at play too, I don't want to say it isn't possible because it certainly is.

I guess the other way of looking at it is that perhaps the fact that there were "only" 12 in the 90 years between 1904-1994 is the anomaly and that this current rate is "par for the course".

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roid-driven home runs > Orgy of perfect games. Let's bring back the muscle-bound behemoths and no-necked juicers, gotta be more exciting than these perfect games.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The Dodgers have opened a can of whoop-ass on the Pirates the last two days. Will they go into a tailspin and finish below .500?

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

The Dodgers have opened a can of whoop-ass on the Pirates the last two days. Will they go into a tailspin and finish below .500?

Giants fans can only hope L.A. tanks in September, now that Melky's been caught with a needle in his ass.

6uXNWAo.png

The Dodgers have opened a can of whoop-ass on the Pirates the last two days. Will Pittsburgh go into a tailspin and finish below .500?

Giants fans can only hope L.A. tanks in September, now that Melky's been caught with a needle in his ass.

Will the Pirates* was what I meant. Edited.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

The Dodgers have opened a can of whoop-ass on the Pirates the last two days. Will Pittsburgh go into a tailspin and finish below .500?

Will the Pirates* was what I meant. Edited.

I only assumed you meant L.A. since nobody typically cares about the Pirates beyond April. :upside:

6uXNWAo.png

Roid-driven home runs > Orgy of perfect games. Let's bring back the muscle-bound behemoths and no-necked juicers, gotta be more exciting than these perfect games.

Amen! I loved steroid-era baseball.

Well, since almost half of the No-Hitters and Perfect Games have been against the Rays, I can understand why.

Perfect games used to be cool, I was real excited when I heard that Buerhle threw a perfect game, but now I almost expect them to happen.

The Indians are baaaad. One error where the pitcher and catcher got in the way of each other after a bunt, a bad throw on a steal to second, and then a bad throw by the shortstop when Wells, who was at third, ran home. THEN, they thought there was a strikeout when it was only the second strike of the at-bat, and then on the next pitch, Aybar hit a triple. 5-0 Angels through 2.

The Indians are baaaad. One error where the pitcher and catcher got in the way of each other after a bunt, a bad throw on a steal to second, and then a bad throw by the shortstop when Wells, who was at third, ran home. THEN, they thought there was a strikeout when it was only the second strike of the at-bat, and then on the next pitch, Aybar hit a triple. 5-0 Angels through 2.

They've really given up in Cleveland. The front office isn't trying, the players aren't trying, and the fans quit trying right after opening day. It's quite hilarious.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Cleveland is sad sad place. Economically and sports wise.

How does a mediocre baseball team automatically mean a city has a bad economy? The Redsox aren't playing their best this year, Holy crap Boston's economy must be bad too!

Oh no someone just Clevelandjacked this...or whatever the idiotic term is.

All I have to say is Manny Machado is going to be a complete beast in the MLB, he kind of already is.

When you go 6 for 24 vs. AAA pitching (KC) no on cares. He's gone 0-7 against a very bad Boston team. Let's calm down a whole lot and talk about him being a "beast" in 10 years if he can last more than 2 years in the majors. Trust me, there are a lot of guys who looked good for a short time and just fizzled out and turned out to be nothings in this game of baseball.

How does a mediocre baseball team automatically mean a city has a bad economy? The Redsox aren't playing their best this year, Holy crap Boston's economy must be bad too!

I didn't say that. I said Economically AND sports wise.

Not everyone can ride the Yankees bandwagon like you..... Oh wait. Yes they can!

I've been a Yankee fan since 1984.

Blow me.

I didn't say that.

So what gives you the authority to judge a city's economy? because you see a baseball game with empty seats? Because one of it's river's had a small fire 40 years ago? Because you see a photo on wikipedia of an abandoned factory? You can say what you want about a cities sports teams, but for some reason people like you feel the need to bash the entire city. Just becuase you live in New York or New Jersey you feel like you can look down on the people of Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, and other smaller cities because they're not as good as yours.

Amen! I loved steroid-era baseball.

Well, since almost half of the No-Hitters and Perfect Games have been against the Rays, I can understand why.

Yeah, but the Rays were a garbage team with a terrible front office during the steroid era, so it's even. B)

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived