2012 MLB Season

GriffinM6

I'm just glad Yankees fans are getting to experience what every other fanbase goes through. I hope they complete the collapse and miss the playoffs all together. It'll be good for them, just like it was good for Red Sox fans last year who needed to come down a peg or seven.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7-0 Yankees in the top of the sixth so its looking like for now at least they will retake first place in the AL East.

Arod's has looked like the Arod of old this game as well. Would not be surprised if he starts carrying the Yankee offense in September. He's been that locked in from what I've seen in this game.

7-0 Yankees in the top of the sixth so its looking like for now at least they will retake first place in the AL East.

Arod's has looked like the Arod of old this game as well. Would not be surprised if he starts carrying the Yankee offense in September. He's been that locked in from what I've seen in this game.

And then pretty much right on que Adam Jones hits a three run bomb to cut it to 7-3.

Took a liner to the head, major brain contusion.

He even suffered a fractured skull. Frightening injury

Knock on wood but in a sport where a hard object such as a baseball can fly around at over 100 MPH its pretty amazing that only one guy at the major league level has died because of a ball related injury. (I saw ball related because Doc Powers died because of an untreated busted appendix resulting from an on field collision.)

Just hope McCarthy can make a full recovery and resume his career.

Took a liner to the head, major brain contusion.

He even suffered a fractured skull. Frightening injury

John Danks (whom the White Sox traded McCarthy for) took a liner in nearly the same spot last year. His reaction didn't look nearly as gruesome as McCarthy's did. Danks was alright, he even finished off the inning before coming out. It might have been a difference of a half an inch from where the ball struck each guy. Danks was extremely lucky to come out of it without even a concussion. As scary as it sounds, it could have been worse for McCarthy if the ball was another inch in a particular direction. I hope he can make a full recovery. He has gone through a lot of injuries to get to where he is today, finally pitching well.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Matt Clement took a comebacker to the head in his first season with Boston. Never was the same (but then again he was probably juicing with the Cubs), and just sort of existed on the periphery for a few years before retiring. Shame. Liked him in his 2004 season with the Cubs where he couldn't get run support for the life of him.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Matt Clement took a comebacker to the head in his first season with Boston. Never was the same (but then again he was probably juicing with the Cubs), and just sort of existed on the periphery for a few years before retiring. Shame. Liked him in his 2004 season with the Cubs where he couldn't get run support for the life of him.

He was probably juicing during 2005 with the Sox too (made the All-Star team, was fantastic before Crawford nailed him).

Yeah, he was rapidly becoming my favorite pitcher during the 2005 season.

spacer.png

Espn bottom line breaking news: Strasburg has been shut down for the season.

According to Davy Johnson "for mental reasons" this just seems like an excuse to shut him down.

You havent been watching Strasburg pitch lately, have you?

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Archived