2012 MLB Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does the new 2nd wild card team actually get credit for "winning" a wild card, or will that go to the winner of the play-in game?

I think the play-in game will determine who gets to be the wild card.

Those "wild card champions" banners will finally be accurate. :P

Unfortunately, we'll probably be seeing some "Wild Card Appearance" or "Wild Card Second Place" banners pop up. <_<

What if the fifth and sixth teams are tied, and they split their 6 games against each other?

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

What if the fifth and sixth teams are tied, and they split their 6 games against each other?

I would assume one-game playoff for who gets to play in the wild card game.

I was under the impression that even if one team had a better season series record, there would be a play-in game to determine the second wild card team if there is a tie, no?

I know prior to this season, whenever a playoff spot was on the line, there would be a one game play off. However, if two teams are tied for the top spot in the division and the loser would get the wild card, the division title is given to the better record in the season series. If the wild card wasn't guaranteed for the second place team, then there would be a playoff.

...if that makes sense.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Does the new 2nd wild card team actually get credit for "winning" a wild card, or will that go to the winner of the play-in game?

I think the play-in game will determine who gets to be the wild card.

Those "wild card champions" banners will finally be accurate. :P

I think it's the opposite. I think both will be considered postseason participants. Just like the term "play in" is not technically supposed to be used in the NCAAs.

Well at least they did not do this last year and ruin that glorious last day of the season...it's kind ironic timing for this to happen.

The fact is that these playoff/play=in games will draw massive viewership. I am sure they'd love to expand this round to the best of three or five, but thankfully that's unlikely since a bye would be a disadvantage. I think we'll be sitting here for a while until they expand to 16 teams. (and yeah, that'll happen...even if they have to reduce the regular season...playoff games just draw so much better TV audience)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Anyone else watching the "All Audio" Indians - D-Backs game on MLB Network? Cool idea, but there usually isn't a lot of talking on the field during a game.

Those all-audio games are horribly boring. I think the premise is designed for groups of fans who are three sheets drunk...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Just finished up my little Spring Training tour. Went to the Yankees-Phillies game with raysox, then checked out a couple Twins games today and yesterday, and tonight I was at jetBlue Park for the Pirates-Red Sox game. Beautiful little park, I was impressed.

How is the Hammond Park in Ft. Myers (Twins ST/Ft. Myers Miracle)? Looks like a nice, Florida-themed park...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Just finished up my little Spring Training tour. Went to the Yankees-Phillies game with raysox, then checked out a couple Twins games today and yesterday, and tonight I was at jetBlue Park for the Pirates-Red Sox game. Beautiful little park, I was impressed.

How is the Hammond Park in Ft. Myers (Twins ST/Ft. Myers Miracle)? Looks like a nice, Florida-themed park...

I really like the park. But I've been there every year for as long as I can remember so it's lost some of the "magic" you feel when you're visiting a park. The only thing I don't like is that there is no outfield seating.

Daniel Bard transitioning to a starter scares the crap out of me. This guy is all about throwing cheese, which is good for 3-6 outs, guys will adjust thoughout the game and pepper him. Did he have the makeup of a closer? Didn't look like it, but then again he was never really a closer. He was a set up guy mascarading around as a closer, the sample size was too small to label the guy a choker. I bet if you gave him the job fulltime he'd be lights out.

Bard starting is basically like penciling him in for Tommy John. His arm is a cannon, hope it holds up.

Daniel Bard transitioning to a starter scares the crap out of me. This guy is all about throwing cheese, which is good for 3-6 outs, guys will adjust thoughout the game and pepper him. Did he have the makeup of a closer? Didn't look like it, but then again he was never really a closer. He was a set up guy mascarading around as a closer, the sample size was too small to label the guy a choker. I bet if you gave him the job fulltime he'd be lights out.

Bard starting is basically like penciling him in for Tommy John. His arm is a cannon, hope it holds up.

QFT

spacer.png

Watching the Marlins cartwheel into absurdity after years of being creepily soulless and insular almost makes up for that one thing that happened. Almost almost.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived