2012 MLB Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It might be the novelty of it, but that team song is awesome. I can imagine various remixes as well. I give them props for going all-out with their "team concept." The Marlins are going to be so fun to watch this year.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Tacky ugly uniforms check

Tacky Stadium check

Tacky Theme Song Check

For a second there, I thought you were talking about the 1962 Mets with their "Meet the Mets" theme song. Upon clicking on the Youtube link (I've blocked flash), I was surprised that you were talking about the Marlins. However, you've got to give their marketing department some credit, as they've done a heck of a job generating interest in the rebranded team. Of course, the new stadium and free agent signings are helpful as well.

Did they rhyme "Marlins" with "darlins" (plural of darlin', short for "darling")?

On a side note, the Blue Jays are 10-2-1. cool.gif Obviously it's only spring training, but it's still promising nonetheless.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Confirmation:

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/Andy-Pettitte-New-York-Yankees-one-year-deal-comeback-031612

Longtime Yankees pitcher Andy Pettitte came out of retirement Friday, agreeing to a one-year minor league deal with the Bronx ballclub.

The 39-year-old left-hander, who retired before last season after 16 years in the big leagues, will get $2.5 million in the deal, according to multiple reports.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Maybe they need to bring back Mike Mussina as well.

Or usher their inner 96' Yankees, and bring back David Cone and Kenny Rogers.

Mike Mussina and his stupid stretch move is something I'm glad I'll never have to see again.

Jesus.

Could've used him in the playoffs last year...

Not really.. they needed Bernie Williams or Paul O'Neill

Didn't Bernie try a comeback a couple of years ago? I'm surprised we haven't seen any more of him. He was still playing at a solid level in his final year in '06.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

That Marlins song reminds me of something my journalism professor said in college regarding style issues (capitalization, etc.), "If you're going to be wrong about something, be wrong consistently."

They are going all out to reinvent themselves. Still don't like the home run feature, but the unis and ballpark are growing on me a bit.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Confirmation:

http://msn.foxsports...comeback-031612

Longtime Yankees pitcher Andy Pettitte came out of retirement Friday, agreeing to a one-year minor league deal with the Bronx ballclub.

The 39-year-old left-hander, who retired before last season after 16 years in the big leagues, will get $2.5 million in the deal, according to multiple reports.

I don't see him making the main roster but stranger things have happened.

I just think to sit out an entire season is alot to come back from at 39. How much out of game shape did he get? He's also coming back very late into spring training so if he is not in game shape now he won't be ready to pitch in the majors until at least May. Are the Yankees going to be willing to give him a 40 man roster spot not knowing what they might get when he comes back if that's the case?

Archived