2012 MLB Season

GriffinM6

I think there is a good chance Joba Chamberlain has thrown his last pitch in pinstripes.

Joba Chamberlain, who once swept New York into a fervor with his dominant relief work for the Yankees, now finds his career in some doubt after dislocating his right ankle while playing on a trampoline with his son.

Chamberlain, who was already working his way back from Tommy John elbow surgery at Yankees camp, suffered the injury at what general manager Brian Cashman explained was a "kid's center with athletic activities featuring trampolines," according to the YES Network's Jack Curry. Chamberlain had surgery Thursday night for what was described as an "open dislocation" and will be hospitalized for several days.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/dailypitch/post/2012/03/joba-chamberlain-dislocated-ankle-trampoline-son/1

What a friggen genius

Now, I've heard mixed reports on when he can return, but when I was a kid I basically did the exact same thing to my ankle on a trampoline and ended up having three surgeries and spent over a year on crutches. This not only will almost certainly end his season, but this could even be a career ender.

I haven't been on a trampoline since and refuse to ever crawl up on one of those death traps again. Those things are so dangerous.

But they're so much fun! ;)

Anywho, that's nasty. I think Joba's career is over. A shame, even if he is a Yankee that I despise, no one deserves to have their career ended because of an injury.

Joba is getting out of the hosptial tomorrow, and apparently things aren't as bad as initially thought.

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/

Joba Chamberlain is expected to be released from St. Joseph?s Hospital tomorrow, and the fact he?s staying tonight is little more than a precaution, Joe Girardi said.

After an extra-inning win against the Tigers, Girardi announced that MRI and CT scan results showed no microfractures in Chamberlain?s dislocated right ankle, and doctors have enough confidence that he?s avoided infection that they?re willing to release him on Sunday. No more surgeries are planned, and Girardi has been told that Chamberlain will remain in a cast for six weeks.

?Now he?s got to heal,? Girardi said.

There is a real sense of optimism in Yankees camp today, especially compared to yesterday?s focus on the worst-case scenario and the gruesome nature of the injury. Girardi didn?t seem to think it?s unreasonable to think Chamberlain actually could get on a mound by July, but obviously any timetables are premature guesses at this point. There?s still some significantly healing that has to take place.

?We?re not going to rush him because that?s a very important leg,? Girardi said. ?That?s your push-off leg. If we (feel) that he?s not pushing off correctly, we?ll back him down. But we?ve got to get to that point first.?

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The hits just keep on coming for Ryan Madson. He's out for the season with a torn elbow ligament.

Just a thought:

White Sox send Matt Thornton to Cincinnati for a couple prospects. Maybe a guy like Tony Cingrani and another arm with back-of-the-rotation potential.

According to an ESPN notification to my phone, Sean Marshall will close for the Reds. So, probably won't happen.

I wouldn't expect it to. I have no "inside info." I completely made that up. Marshall should be up for it. His last two years have been pretty solid.

Woohoo, no more hearing "the McCourt family welcomes you?" on loop while entering the stadium.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

YES! YES! YES! YES!

Anyways, the Dodgers have been sold to a group led by Magic Johnson...for $2B (!!!).

Good to see that the McCourt era is finally coming to an end there.

Was hoping it would be Cuban (I know he was eliminated in the bidding early) but just happy they got somebody to own the team. Anyone including major league baseball was an upgrade over Frank McCourt who didn't exactly make out badly in this deal. A couple hundred million for what is essentially blood money isn't exactly chunk change. http://www.laobserve..._will_frank.php

Now onto the Wilpons may wind up being even uglier then the Dodgers situation was when all is said and done.

So that makes the Yankees worth what $3.5 billion?

Likely, especially since the Yankees own the Stadium, the parking, the YES Network, Tampa, and Staten Island.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived