2012 MLB Season

GriffinM6

Taking away the Rangers' ace only seems to make them more dangerous.

11-2, with a perfect 6-0 road record, with total destructions of Boston and now Detroit on that record. Jesus, they are scary.

Right now I would have to say they look like the best team in baseball.

Without question I would say they are the team to beat in the AL. Two straight AL pennants earns you that distinction. Not to mention being first in the MLB in OPS as well as ERA. Even this early in the season that's impressive I don't care who your playing.

Right now accuscore.com has them projected to win 107 games and honestly I tend to agree with that projection. They look like a team where 90 wins is a given. If can they stay healthy I think 100 is a given as well. I just don't see any weaknesses in this team.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I'm about to break my own "April rule." (To those of you that I played the "it's too early to worry" card on, feel free to ridicule me.) What the hell is wrong with the Angels? You lose 3 of 4 to the A's? At home? The season is only 12 games old, but I'm not at all liking what I'm seeing so far. Maybe I'll feel better once Albert Pujols finally hits a home run this season, but geez, this team looks pretty sad right now. Not to mention, they're already 7 games behind the Rangers.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm being ridiculous. B)

BB52Big.jpg

Jays have sure hit a wall of late. Need these wins against the Rays, hopefully a trip to Kansas City will give their heads a shake. I mean the Royale's with Cheese aren't much a of a slouch anymore either.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

OK, I'm about to break my own "April rule." (To those of you that I played the "it's too early to worry" card on, feel free to ridicule me.) What the hell is wrong with the Angels? You lose 3 of 4 to the A's? At home? The season is only 12 games old, but I'm not at all liking what I'm seeing so far. Maybe I'll feel better once Albert Pujols finally hits a home run this season, but geez, this team looks pretty sad right now. Not to mention, they're already 7 games behind the Rangers.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm being ridiculous. B)

Seems like every year with Pujols (except those where he just lit up April) you'd start to think maybe he was to decline, and just as you started actually saying something about it he'd go off and hit 8 HRs in 10 games or something rediculous.

Watching the Fenway 100th anniversary celebrations. Amazing that this park withstanded obsolescence and everything else for 100 years. It truly is mind blowing.

Technically, the huge majority of the current park was built in 1934 after Fenway was gutted by a fire.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Watching the Fenway 100th anniversary celebrations. Amazing that this park withstanded obsolescence and everything else for 100 years. It truly is mind blowing.

Technically, the huge majority of the current park was built in 1934 after Fenway was gutted by a fire.

And a lot of what we know as "Modern Fenway" was built just in the last ten years under the Henry Ownership.

spacer.png

I'm just laughing at my Facebook news feed over the 100 year celebration.

If everyone who claimed there at at Fenway Park today was actually there, Fenway Park would hold over 200,000 people.

You have 200,000 Facebook friends?

If everyone who claimed there at at Fenway Park today was actually there, Fenway Park would hold over 200,000 people.

I was actually there. The pre-game festivities were great. Tito got the loudest ovation, a deafening pop when he walked out. Pedro was easily the clear cut second place finisher and he ate every second of it up. The little complimentary items they gave out were pretty nice, a laminated non-seat-specific ticket and the grape juice toast; which wasn't executed all that well, I'll attribute that to Millar's awesomeness. Great moment when Pedro asked if anyone's figured out who Karim Garcia is.

During the game when Bobby V came out to pull Buchholz there was a very, very audible "Tito! Tito!" chant which made my afternoon.

I did get a little teary eyed while Buckner assumed his spot at 1st base. Something about that moment between him and us in the crowd felt like total acceptance of whatever unwarranted animosity towards him the town has had since that night in '86. Great moment.

I was actually there. The pre-game festivities were great. Tito got the loudest ovation, a deafening pop when he walked out. Pedro was easily the clear cut second place finisher and he ate every second of it up. The little complimentary items they gave out were pretty nice, a laminated non-seat-specific ticket and the grape juice toast; which wasn't executed all that well, I'll attribute that to Millar's awesomeness. Great moment when Pedro asked if anyone's figured out who Karim Garcia is.

During the game when Bobby V came out to pull Buchholz there was a very, very audible "Tito! Tito!" chant which made my afternoon.

I did get a little teary eyed while Buckner assumed his spot at 1st base. Something about that moment between him and us in the crowd felt like total acceptance of whatever unwarranted animosity towards him the town has had since that night in '86. Great moment.

You lucky bastard. Damn April 20th college visit...making me miss the ceremony...

spacer.png

Archived