2012 MLB Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another former Met of course...and now it's through 8.

Can join Dwight Gooden, Tom Seaver, Dean Chance, Hideo Nomo, David Cone, Al Leiter, Kenny Rogers, Bret Saberhagen, Nolan Ryan, Mike Scott, John Candelaria and Warren Spahn as former Met pitchers to throw a no-hitter or a prefect game for another team.

May even be forgetting a couple names on that list.

Can join Dwight Gooden, Tom Seaver, Dean Chance, Hideo Nomo, David Cone, Al Leiter, Kenny Rogers, Bret Saberhagen, Nolan Ryan, Mike Scott, John Candelaria and Warren Spahn as former Met pitchers to throw a no-hitter or a prefect game for another team.

Forgot to add Phil Humber.

To be fair, Rogers, Sabes, Chance, Candy man and Spahn all threw them before joining the Mets.

You can however add Mets farm hands A.J. Burnett and Jimmy Bibby,

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

To be fair, Rogers, Sabes, Chance, Candy man and Spahn all threw them before joining the Mets.

You can however add Mets farm hands A.J. Burnett and Jimmy Bibby,

Still counting them anyway. If Dwight Gooden can throw a no-hitter at the back end of his career, why couldn't Warren Spahn when he was on the Mets?

Well I have been more disturbed by pitchers that left the Mets and threw a no hitter, not those who threw one before joining the Mets.

Oh the fact that both Seaver and Gooden threw one was definately a WTH type of thing.

Gooden was done by the time he joined the Yanks, and while Seaver was solid for the Reds he was nowhere near the type of pitcher he was for the Mets.

Guys like Dean Chance are pretty cheap to mention (only two innings pitched for the Mets) but still. Mets have had alot of cheap stuff happen to them in this category.

Apparently Marlon Byrd has been traded to the Red Sox. It will officially be announced after the Red Sox game.

Here's a link to a story on the Cubs website:

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120421&content_id=29298404&vkey=news_chc&c_id=chc

This is great news, Byrd is completely worthless. If the Cubs were an AL team, I think I'd rather DH for Byrd than the pitcher. I'd rather have Campagna in the starting lineup than Byrd.

And congrats to Humber. I only saw the last inning, but it sounded like he dominated the entire game and there weren't even really any close calls.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived