2012 MLB Season

GriffinM6

Delmon Young is a punk

Detroit Tigers outfielder Delmon Young was arrested outside of the club's midtown Manhattan hotel after allegedly shoving a man to the ground and making anti-Semitic remarks, police say.

Young was "highly intoxicated," a police source told the New York Post, when the altercation occurred at 2:40 a.m outside the Hilton on Sixth Avenue. The Tigers begin a three-game series at Yankee Stadium on Friday night.

The Detroit Free Press reports that Young faces an "aggravated harassment hate crime charge" and that Young made anti-Semitic remarks during the incident.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/dailypitch/post/2012/04/tigers-delmon-young-arrest-assault-new-york/1#.T5q948XubAI

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Delmon Young is a punk

Detroit Tigers outfielder Delmon Young was arrested outside of the club's midtown Manhattan hotel after allegedly shoving a man to the ground and making anti-Semitic remarks, police say.

Young was "highly intoxicated," a police source told the New York Post, when the altercation occurred at 2:40 a.m outside the Hilton on Sixth Avenue. The Tigers begin a three-game series at Yankee Stadium on Friday night.

The Detroit Free Press reports that Young faces an "aggravated harassment hate crime charge" and that Young made anti-Semitic remarks during the incident.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/dailypitch/post/2012/04/tigers-delmon-young-arrest-assault-new-york/1#.T5q948XubAI

It's not a good idea for ballplayers to be out and about in the early morning before an important weekend series.

Delmon Young is a punk

http://content.usato.../1#.T5q948XubAI

It's not a good idea for ballplayers to be out and about in the early morning before an important weekend series.

Does anyone if there is a rule against teams coming in the day of to play a game or what the latest you can arrive in the city is? With the NBA I believe the rule is you have to be in the city 24 hours before tip-off and there is a fine associated with it, which teams have willingly paid before. See Orlando against the Hawks in the '96 Playoffs.

But if I'm a manager and the only rule associated with team arrival is when I have to be at the ballpark by, and I have a road series coming up against a team like New York or Atlanta or Miami or LA, I'm flying in the day of the game. I'm not getting there the night before and having my players hit the town and then come back the next day and play like crap. And if there is a fine associated with it, depending on how big it is, I may just pay it every single time.

Well in other news Mike Pelfrey is done for the season and possibly for the Mets as well. Think they were looking for any excuse they could come up with to get rid of him and now they got one. Its one thing to be an underperforming first round pick. Its another to be an underperforming first round pick and have an attitude to go with it.

And also the Tigers just released Brandon Inge who is only hitting .100 on the season. Twins are already expressing interest in him, so I can't see him being unemployed for long.

Delmon Young is a punk

Does anyone if there is a rule against teams coming in the day of to play a game or what the latest you can arrive in the city is? With the NBA I believe the rule is you have to be in the city 24 hours before tip-off and there is a fine associated with it, which teams have willingly paid before. See Orlando against the Hawks in the '96 Playoffs.

It's impossible to be in a city 24 hours in advance if you have a home-and-home. Given the travel schedule of the NBA this season, I doubt there was a requirement. Either the requirement has been reduced, or the fine has been eliminated.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Delmon Young is a punk

It's impossible to be in a city 24 hours in advance if you have a home-and-home. Given the travel schedule of the NBA this season, I doubt there was a requirement. Either the requirement has been reduced, or the fine has been eliminated.

I'm not that familiar with it but it could be the rule would only apply if you didn't have a game the night before, or if you do have a game the night before it may go to 12 hours instead of 24. I'm not sure exactly what the details are only that there is some rule like this that does exist or at least did until very recently and I'm not taking the time to sift through 200+ pages of CBA to find it. And my question is does the MLB have some rule like this as well?

So, when I picked the Angels to win 94 games and edge out Texas in a tough AL West race, I wasn't expecting them to start 6-14 and be nine games out of 1st on April 27.

Meanwhile, adding insult to injury has been the somewhat surprising success of the Dodgers in the early going. Wouldn't be shocked at all if Matt Kemp and Clayton Kershaw help lead that team back to the top of the NL West.

spacer.png

Even if the Rangers go .500 for the rest of the year they will still win 87 games.

The Angels will have to play .580 ball for the rest of the season to do the same.

Unless the Angels go on some incredible roll or the Rangers fall flat on their face, this race is already over. If the Rangers stay healthy 100+ wins I think is a given. There's just too much talent on that team. I really believe they have to beat themselves in order for the Angels to get back in this race.

Even if the Rangers go .500 for the rest of the year they will still win 87 games.

The Angels will have to play .580 ball for the rest of the season to do the same.

Unless the Angels go on some incredible roll or the Rangers fall flat on their face, this race is already over. If the Rangers stay healthy 100+ wins I think is a given. There's just too much talent on that team. I really believe they have to beat themselves in order for the Angels to get back in this race.

There's still 2 Wild Card spots (which might actually be better for the Halos).... but the division race isn't over yet, either. Who's to say Texas won't have a poor 20 game stretch sometime down the road?

To call this race over, after what happened last year, is very immature.

Archived