2012 MLB Season

GriffinM6

Even if the Rangers go .500 for the rest of the year they will still win 87 games.

The Angels will have to play .580 ball for the rest of the season to do the same.

Unless the Angels go on some incredible roll or the Rangers fall flat on their face, this race is already over. If the Rangers stay healthy 100+ wins I think is a given. There's just too much talent on that team. I really believe they have to beat themselves in order for the Angels to get back in this race.

There's still 2 Wild Card spots (which might actually be better for the Halos).... but the division race isn't over yet, either. Who's to say Texas won't have a poor 20 game stretch sometime down the road?

To call this race over, after what happened last year, is very immature.

I would never call a race in April, but I really think this Ranger team is going to go down as one of the greatest teams of all-time if they can win the World Series. And I'm talking '75 Reds, '86 Mets, '29 A's, '27 Yankees type of greatness.

I just don't see any weaknesses on that team. They hit for power, they run, they play defense, they have starting pitching and a deep bullpen. They have a guy who was an All-Star as a starter last year in Alexi Ogando coming in as a setup guy. I mean what the hell is that?

I think half the team has to go on the DL in order for them to win anything less then 90 games. There's just too much depth there.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would never call a race in April, but I really think this Ranger team is going to go down as one of the greatest teams of all-time if they can win the World Series. And I'm talking '75 Reds, '86 Mets, '29 A's, '27 Yankees type of greatness.

red%2Bsox%2Bbest%2Bteam%2Bin%2Bbaseball%2B2011.jpg

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Those Red Sox a) Didn't play a game at that point; and more importantly b ) Weren't fresh off back-to-back pennants

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Just a few things I'd like to say about that newspaper headline that has been posted on here so many times:

1. That was a headline of a newspaper which was trying to get attention, not the collective opinion of the fans. Most Red Sox fans had high hopes, but were not taking other teams for granted. (At least I wasn't)

2. If you look at it closely, it says, "WHY OUR SCRIBES RATE THIS THE TOP SOX SQUAD OF ALL TIME." Meaning, the "Best Team Ever" headline really meant, Best Red Sox Team Ever, for what it's worth.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

All that said, I think it is way too early to talk about the Rangers in the realm of the greatest teams of all-time.

They are very, very good, probably the best team in baseball. But how many times does the best team actually win? I think only two or three times since 1998, and in the case of 2011, the two best teams were gone after the first round. Lets give it some more time before we tout the Rangers as a sure-fire 100 win team. And as far as the Angels are concerned, they still have their full slate vs. Texas.

spacer.png

2. If you look at it closely, it says, "WHY OUR SCRIBES RATE THIS THE TOP SOX SQUAD OF ALL TIME." Meaning, the "Best Team Ever" headline really meant, Best Red Sox Team Ever, for what it's worth.

Fair enough, but that doesn't explain NESN's article about how the 2011 Sox would be better than the 1927 Yankees.

Boston easily has the most homerish local sports media in the nation.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

1) The "Best Team Ever!" pic has jumped the shark big-time, especially around here, and I say this as someone who has Gary Thorne's call of the Orioles knocking the Red Sox out of the playoffs on instant-play on my phone.

2) That was more-or-less a blogger article written at a time of the year when baseball is in its proverbial dead zone, and as such serves as meaningless filler junk.

Homers exist in all media markets, including plenty of schmucks in Tampa.

spacer.png

The Jays are sure sucking of late.

Goal Number 1 heading into this season. LIMIT THE BLOWN SAVES!!!!!! Last night was what, their 3rd, 4th?

They're just following Toronto's other teams by failing the goals they set.

To be fair, s**tty defence cost them the game. Santos is the real deal (i.e. he's not some one-year pickup in the twilight of his career). The guy has great stuff, and he'll get into his groove eventually. He sure beats Jon Rauch.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

To be fair, that article about the Red Sox up there is from the Boston Herald, which nobody takes seriously. You might as well just post something from the Weekly World News.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

To be fair, that article about the Red Sox up there is from the Boston Herald, which nobody takes seriously. You might as well just post something from the Weekly World News.

Glorified bloggers sums it up pretty well. Even at the Globe (who prints the Herald) they don't take it seriously, it's a marketed newspaper to a specific demographic and even they barely read it.

Quick story for you Boston guys, when I worked there in college Tony Mazzeroti cut me in line for a slice of pizza, I called him out and he goes "I'm Tony Mazzeroti." I responded, "Who?" I'm pretty sure he mumbled a-hole as he went about his line cutting business.

Anyways, it's nice and all that the Sox have won 5 straight but they still have no bullpen. Hopefully Chering..err Lucchino makes some moves to bolster it at some point.

Quick story for you Boston guys, when I worked there in college Tony Mazzeroti cut me in line for a slice of pizza, I called him out and he goes "I'm Tony Mazzeroti." I responded, "Who?" I'm pretty sure he mumbled a-hole as he went about his line cutting business.

Was this before or after Mazz dismissed reports that Jon Lester was being tested for cancer?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Those Red Sox a) Didn't play a game at that point; and more importantly b ) Weren't fresh off back-to-back pennants

That picture is slowly turning into the new Cleve-jacked.

The phenom Bryce Harper grounds out to the pitcher in his 1st AB. BUST!

/sarcasm

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Archived