Please say it ain't so.......Seahawks to have "feathers" on uniforms.....

seahawk9

Reading over on a Seahawks board that they are rumored to unveil uniforms that have a "feather trim" and the helmets will be darker. Source is a reliable newspaper beat writer. OMG.....Is this the arena league now ? If you thought the all blue uniforms, not to mention, the navy pant, neon green jersey combo were awful, just imagine how these are going to look like ? Why can't they just have a simple, clean, professional image like before 2002.

EXACTLY! It seems as if the uglier the uniform the more these weirdos will love them! This isn't Arena Football and High School! When will the NFL put a stop to these weird uniforms??? The: Seahawks, Falcons, Vikings and the Cardinals NEED to change their uni's! The Ravens need to stop wearing those "sweet ballerina" stripeless pants! The Rams should get rid of their stripeless Gold pants! I almost forgot, the Bengals uniforms are one of the worst! They have a black jersey with a thick white line down the side and then the pants have the orange & black bengal tiger stripes!

Hmmm, I'm thinking Dennigbergan is either trolling under a different name or has a twin brother with opposite uniform tastes.

Good afternoon! Who is Dennigbergan?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Serious question. Why do so many people around here think that Nike is just going to come in, bitch-slap the NFL, and dictate what each team in the NFL will wear?

That's the Great Fear, I suppose. Obviously in a sense they are going to do just that, but for a lot of teams steeped in uniform tradition, having a company who's recent MO is anti-tradition and uber-progressive futurism come in and take over uniforms is a frightening prospect. Will Nike do anything to teams in Chicago, Dallas, etc? No, almost certainly not, but until we hear anything official the dread remains tangible.

That's just silly. There's nothing "obvious" about it. And they aren't "taking over" anything. They're simply supplying the NFL. This is the NFL we're talking about here. They call the shots, not Nike. Doesn't it seem kind of ridiculous to think that Nike is going force teams to change their uniforms? Call me crazy, but I just don't see Nike dictating terms to the NFL. The last thing Roger Goodell wants is some Oregon Jr. with the NFL shield on their uniforms. You all are worried about nothing here.

As I said before, the NFL knows Nike's intentions. If the NFL wasn't a slut, they wouldn't have gotten in the car with Nike. Nike is itching to put its stamp on a few teams, and they will. They aren't going to come in and tell the Packers to change their colors and the Bears to lose the sleeve stripes, but they will end up promising the moon to dumber teams with little to no history (Seahawks), telling them that new uniforms will make players want to play there and the new material will help them perform better. We ARE going to get a handful of Nike attocities out of this.

Dumber teams? Really? I hope to God that this is sarcasm.

Reading over on a Seahawks board that they are rumored to unveil uniforms that have a "feather trim" and the helmets will be darker. Source is a reliable newspaper beat writer. OMG.....Is this the arena league now ? If you thought the all blue uniforms, not to mention, the navy pant, neon green jersey combo were awful, just imagine how these are going to look like ? Why can't they just have a simple, clean, professional image like before 2002.

EXACTLY! It seems as if the uglier the uniform the more these weirdos will love them! This isn't Arena Football and High School! When will the NFL put a stop to these weird uniforms??? The: Seahawks, Falcons, Vikings and the Cardinals NEED to change their uni's! The Ravens need to stop wearing those "sweet ballerina" stripeless pants! The Rams should get rid of their stripeless Gold pants! I almost forgot, the Bengals uniforms are one of the worst! They have a black jersey with a thick white line down the side and then the pants have the orange & black bengal tiger stripes!

lol, now that's a rant. The Hawks current uniforms really aren't that bad. I love our logo and colors, but the monochrome look doesn't bode well for us when they use that demin blue. If it was a monochrome dark navy with the matching helmet, I'd probably like it considering the dark navy does a great job of enhancing the lime green.

Can we just wait until we actually see the uniforms before saying that Nike is ruining football? Out of the two teams changing this year, its already been said that the Panthers are keeping their uniforms pretty much the same. That's a 90s expansion tan that Nike didn't go crazy on.

All we've heard so far is that there will be some sort of feather type trim on the uniforms. That could very easily be a minimalist design. Even Oregon has pretty simple uniforms with a feather/wing trim when you throw out the fact that they have a bunch of unnecessary combos.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Generally, I'd say "let's wait and see until we decide these are bad"...but I am CRUSHED to see the current Seahawks design going away. I absolutely love it.* The dark jersey is probably my favorite NFL jersey. I love that color.

I am not surprised though. It seems to me that this set has never truly been embraced by the fanbase.

*Well the look has some problems. For me, the dark jersey was Great, the helmet was great (way better than the older helmet), and the white jersey was OK (all making for what should have been a great modernization). I think what really hurt the the overall look was the pants. Neither pants really looked good and not just because of the monochrome issue. I think they should have gone with dark blue pants (the sleeve color) with both jerseys. That would have made a great look in my opinion.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'm also a big fan of the current Seahawks look and think it would be a shame to lose that unique shade of blue in exchange for navy. My only real complaints with the set are that the helmet is so "flat" (when unveiled, I thought the helmet had metallic flakes in it or something), and that they wear the white pants (with skinny stripe) on the road. I really don't think they need two sets of pants.

Everything works so well between the uniform, logos, stadium colors,etc. that I think it'd be a mistake to scrap it all. That being said, there are too many good things going on for me to think that any redesign wouldn't carry over a good number of them... then again I thought the same thing about Jacksonville.

The bottom line is to just chill until a leak or more concrete legitimate descriptions come out, and for everyone who doesn't know a goddam thing about how any of this works (or about life in general) to just STFU about what they think Nike is going to do to the league. If you don't know anything, then you know nothing. 99% of you know nothing (including me - but I'm not running around screaming like an idiot like most of you.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Is this any different than the Bengals putting tiger stripes on their helmets or the Rams putting horns on theirs?

Considering those looks have been around for decades, yes. Yes it is.

If the change is subtle, it might not be a bad thing. If Seattle ends up looking like Oregon, hold on to your butts.

The Rams have a free pass since they invented the helmet logo in the NFL in 1948.

Maybe I'm misreading your post, but I thought that the first "helmet logo" can be credited to the Michigan Wolverines with their classic winged helmet. Am I wrong???? Wasn't it in the late 30's or something. anyone else know? Maybe you are just saying that the Rams were the first in the NFL to do that, if so then my apologies.

No. Michigan wasn't even the first to wear that helmet. (Haven't we had this discussion about 1000 times?)

The difference is the Rams' helmet horns were the first true "artwork logo" to go on a helmet. Even the winged helmet (whomever was first to wear one even before Princeton) was just a colorization of the structure of the leather helmet itself. Princeton wore the "classic" wing (a look that coach Crisler took with him to Michigan) but there were other leather helmet designs that were done in at least two-tone leather prior to the use of dyed leather.

Thanks for the clarification John in KY. That makes total sense

@ oldschoolvikings - consider it 1001. sorry I missed the first 1000. sorry to completely ruin your day

so they're going to replace their unique "seahawks blue" with navy? if thats the case, its a terrible branding move

Navy has always been one of the seahawks colors. I'm not sure what you mean.

Well, always since 2002. But he is correct. If they removed a unique color in favor of elevating the already-overused navy to primary, it is a bad thing. And I say that as someone who hated their recent uniforms.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

lol, now that's a rant. The Hawks current uniforms really aren't that bad. I love our logo and colors, but the monochrome look doesn't bode well for us when they use that demin blue. If it was a monochrome dark navy with the matching helmet, I'd probably like it considering the dark navy does a great job of enhancing the lime green.

That is correct, the MONOCHROME uni's look horrible! Not, just for Seattle, but for every teams that does it! If the 'hawks wore white pants with blue jerseys they would look fine!

If you don't know anything, then you know nothing.

Lesson of the day, kids.

99% of you know nothing (including me - but I'm not running around screaming like an idiot like most of you.)

we-are-the-99-percent1.jpg

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

That is correct, the MONOCHROME uni's look horrible! Not, just for Seattle, but for every teams that does it! If the 'hawks wore white pants with blue jerseys they would look fine!

I'll have to disagree with the "every team" part. The Texans (both blue and red versions), Broncos (blue), and in the past, the Falcons and Jaguars (both black) all look/looked great in monochrome. To be honest, I think the Cheifs could actually pull off the monochrome red quite well. Monochrome isn't a bad thing when the colors work with the rest of the uniform or the uniform design.

Has someone done a Photoshop of the Oregon uniform with the wings on the shoulders to look like Seattle? I'm sure that is what is talked about when they say there will be feathers. I'm not sure it will really happen with the NFL rules but as long as it is a washed out sublimation in the jersey, I'm sure it would work and look alright.

I'm sure that is what is talked about when they say there will be feathers.

You're sure about nothing.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Has someone done a Photoshop of the Oregon uniform with the wings on the shoulders to look like Seattle?

I had a few extra minutes.

ore_sea.png

In those colors, that's actually........not a bad looking jersey. (Especially taking into consideration the helmet won't be black.)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived