Please say it ain't so.......Seahawks to have "feathers" on uniforms.....

seahawk9

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My question is, why do they feel the need to change anyway ? If these current uniforms are so popular with everyone, why change. They went from 1976 to 2001 without much change. I don't recall anyone really compalining about the original colors or logo until they saw the new ones in 2002. Now, I guess, these are not as popular as some would want you to think. Yes I am old school and love the original set. But I understand an update. Now here we go again. Was really hoping they would to try and please both fans bases with the new logo with the colors of the past......

'Cause new stuff sells.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

My question is, why do they feel the need to change anyway ?

'Cause new stuff sells.

And because the vast majority of us up here in the great Northwest hate their current look and would honestly prefer our older look back. At least we get it as an alternate throwback. Hopefully our regular new home and away uniforms will be decent and not over the top. Regardless, change was needed.

'Cause new stuff sells.

And because the vast majority of us up here in the great Northwest hate their current look and would honestly prefer our older look back. At least we get it as an alternate throwback. Hopefully our regular new home and away uniforms will be decent and not over the top. Regardless, change was needed.

Where did you hear that from? Is that confirmed or is this just more message board diarrhea?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

'Cause new stuff sells.

Where did you hear that from? Is that confirmed or is this just more message board diarrhea?

The throwback rumor first came directly from Peter McLoughlin.

"Starting in 2012, we?re going to be going with a Nike jersey and a Nike design. So we?ve actually met with Nike, and I think we were the first NFL team to meet with them, and we had a fascinating session with them. We?re looking at all kinds of new designs, and new kinds of jerseys, and we?re talking about a throwback for sure. So there?s a lot of creative stuff in the works right now."

That started the rumor mill. But up here there's been a lot of talk (yes, just talk) of them actually go through with the throwback to be worn twice a year and that silver was returning to the main home and away uniforms. But until any of us actually see real pics, I suppose your "diarrhea" label does hold some truth.

As for me saying we up here "hate" our current uniforms is probably not a fair statement. We all loved the change originally and there was a lot of excitement up here when we did it, but I think over time we started to miss our old look. I don't think it's the overall uniform that we dislike, but more the current color of our helmet.

Maybe it's just me being hopeful but don't the new Nike gloves seem to use silver instead of the Seahawk lighter blue? Could be the lighting?

seahawksilver.jpg

Nike photos are generally like ESPN the Magazine photos. Very dark, shadowy and muted in color. Noir athlétique if you will. To me, that's the same color, even though one looks like an old Cowboys helmet and the other looks like actual Pacific Blue. You can see how much warmer and more muted the green and navy are as well on the glove pic.

Totem pole motif for the win.

Disagree. That is 100% their new logo.

Think about it. Nike's gloves had the panther's new logo. The seahawks colors are rumored to be changing from seahawks blue to gray. The logo clearly looks gray. Nike wouldn't have gloves made with the old seahawk logo.

'Cause new stuff sells.

The throwback rumor first came directly from Peter McLoughlin.

"Starting in 2012, we're going to be going with a Nike jersey and a Nike design. So we've actually met with Nike, and I think we were the first NFL team to meet with them, and we had a fascinating session with them. We're looking at all kinds of new designs, and new kinds of jerseys, and we're talking about a throwback for sure. So there's a lot of creative stuff in the works right now."

That started the rumor mill. But up here there's been a lot of talk (yes, just talk) of them actually go through with the throwback to be worn twice a year and that silver was returning to the main home and away uniforms. But until any of us actually see real pics, I suppose your "diarrhea" label does hold some truth.

As for me saying we up here "hate" our current uniforms is probably not a fair statement. We all loved the change originally and there was a lot of excitement up here when we did it, but I think over time we started to miss our old look. I don't think it's the overall uniform that we dislike, but more the current color of our helmet.

I read that as "talking" about a throwback, which is different than "we're going to have a throwback".

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Apparently Paul Lukas is having some kind of concept submission contest. In the "Dear God, NOOOOOO!" category, we present:

6154357619_146a573aa4_o.jpg

I mean hey, it's...imaginative. But wow...no, no and no.

Some of 'em are pretty good.

6148291589_c7670f99d1_o.jpg

Yeah Paul Lukas and UniWatch had a contest last fall. There were some really strong contenders. Here's a link...

http://www.uni-watch.com/2011/09/24/seahawks-design-contest-the-top-ten-submissions/

We all heard rumors when the last Atlanta Falcons identity came out that said the unis had wings/feathers.

really? I don't remember that. interesting.

Yeah, the going rumour was "the Denver Broncos template WITH FEATHERS!"

Oh those were the days.

HA!

1. My question is, why do they feel the need to change anyway ?

2. I don't recall anyone really compalining about the original colors or logo until they saw the new ones in 2002.

1. They want to sell more product and this is the easiest way to do so? Why not make some changes. Its been a decade with the exact same uniform. Change it up a bit. Its the progressive Pacific Northwest. Don't be so afraid of change.

2. The old uniforms sucked. They were way out-of-style by the year 2000. Hell, they were out-of-style by 1990. Their update was a clear upgrade in almost every area. And it also coincided with the best era of Seahawk football ever.

Some of you are so afraid of the big bad boogeyman Nikey, its almost scary. Get a grip folks. Nike is the #1 selling retailer for a reason. The move away from cheap-ass Reebok will be a boon to NFL merchandise sales. And uniforms will get better in the process, whether some of you 'traditionalists' can stand it or not.

So I guess teams like the Packers, Bears, Colts, Steelers, Raiders, Chiefs, etc are also "out of date" too........

Those teams (for the most part) have enough tradition to justify keeping the same basic look for so many years. For the record, I see nothing wrong with the Seahawks' current unis... in fact, they have one of my favorite "modern" looks. But that said, if any team could justify an "Oregoning" of its brand, it's the 'Hawks. I would only hope that they stick to their actual team colors if they went that route.

Being a Seahawks fan, I have to say I am beyond anxious to see the new unis. I am constantly reading this thread. I know it's not confirmed but the consensus is that the colors are going to be navy, neon green, and silver. My first question is will it be a true navy like the Texans or Cowboys? Or will it just be a darker pacific blue? And seeing everyone's different uniform ideas, I have seen both navy helmets and silver helmets. Which one do you think it will be? I am hoping for silver. But if it is navy (or a darker blue), do you think they could do a two tone blue/navy helmet kind of like the Jags have with the black and teal?

Maybe it's just me being hopeful but don't the new Nike gloves seem to use silver instead of the Seahawk lighter blue? Could be the lighting?

seahawksilver.jpg

Nike photos are generally like ESPN the Magazine photos. Very dark, shadowy and muted in color. Noir athlétique if you will. To me, that's the same color, even though one looks like an old Cowboys helmet and the other looks like actual Pacific Blue. You can see how much warmer and more muted the green and navy are as well on the glove pic.

Think about it. Nike's gloves had the panther's new logo. The seahawks colors are rumored to be changing from seahawks blue to gray. The logo clearly looks gray. Nike wouldn't have gloves made with the old seahawk logo.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but look at this realistically. All I did here was apply a warming filter and increase the brightness of the right side a little bit, and the colors are dead on to the gloves. It's definitely possible that the logo on the Nike gloves is the same old Seahawks logo that's been through one of Nike's dramatic photo filters. Not saying it is, but it's certainly possible.

seahawksilver.jpg

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

seahawksilver.jpg

I'm not saying you're wrong, but look at this realistically. All I did here was apply a warming filter and increase the brightness of the right side a little bit, and the colors are dead on to the gloves. It's definitely possible that the logo on the Nike gloves is the same old Seahawks logo that's been through one of Nike's dramatic photo filters. Not saying it is, but it's certainly possible.

seahawksilver.jpg

thanks for this. I was wondering the same thing too and it was bugging the hell out of me. Seems totally like what you are saying now that you put it that way.

Wait, who decided they would steal Oregon's unique shoulder feather design that also shows up in the university style guide as an official mark?

By a feather design wouldn't it make more sense that it would be what Oregon wore in the Rose Bowl, which probably served as a test?

Oregon-Rose-Bowl-Uniforms-14.jpg

This is an interesting notion, & would actually mean there was kind of a point to that ugly trim/pattern thing they wore in the Rose Bowl. I hope it's not though, I hated that trim/pattern, way too abstract and trying too hard to be 'cool' for me.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

I did this photoshop concept like 6 years ago...

seahawks-concept.jpg

...sounds like they're finally taking my advice!

That is stunning. Really sharp look. Hopefully the general idea of the final product looks similar to that. I hope at the very least we get a silver helmet.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

seahawksilver.jpg

seahawksilver.jpg

thanks for this. I was wondering the same thing too and it was bugging the hell out of me. Seems totally like what you are saying now that you put it that way.

Nice detective work. That being said, your filtered logo's colors look very nice. I, for one, am hoping this is what we'll see... a lighter, silver-based grey blue that is a nice contrast to the dark blue.

By the way, the Seahawks Facebook page shows the current logo (blue) but on a silver background. Could be effect but also could be a subtle way of incorporating it.

seahawksilver.jpg

seahawksilver.jpg

Nice detective work. That being said, your filtered logo's colors look very nice. I, for one, am hoping this is what we'll see... a lighter, silver-based grey blue that is a nice contrast to the dark blue.

By the way, the Seahawks Facebook page shows the current logo (blue) but on a silver background. Could be effect but also could be a subtle way of incorporating it.

The Seahawks' current look, for the most part, is very solid IMHO. The one problem I have with it, as I have previously pointed out, that the two shades of blue are at times indistinguishable from one another. In fact, I doubt the lighter shade of blue was what the team was originally shooting for. If you look at their current helmet, you will see a very noticeable difference between the lighter blue in their logo and the color of the helmet shell. Lightening that shade of blue, as it appears they have done based on the photo of the gloves, would solve a multitude of problems.

Archived