Please say it ain't so.......Seahawks to have "feathers" on uniforms.....

seahawk9

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe it's just me being hopeful but don't the new Nike gloves seem to use silver instead of the Seahawk lighter blue? Could be the lighting?

seahawksilver.jpg

Nike photos are generally like ESPN the Magazine photos. Very dark, shadowy and muted in color. Noir athlétique if you will. To me, that's the same color, even though one looks like an old Cowboys helmet and the other looks like actual Pacific Blue. You can see how much warmer and more muted the green and navy are as well on the glove pic.

Totem pole motif for the win.

Disagree. That is 100% their new logo.

Think about it. Nike's gloves had the panther's new logo. The seahawks colors are rumored to be changing from seahawks blue to gray. The logo clearly looks gray. Nike wouldn't have gloves made with the old seahawk logo.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but look at this realistically. All I did here was apply a warming filter and increase the brightness of the right side a little bit, and the colors are dead on to the gloves. It's definitely possible that the logo on the Nike gloves is the same old Seahawks logo that's been through one of Nike's dramatic photo filters. Not saying it is, but it's certainly possible.

seahawksilver.jpg

thanks for this. I was wondering the same thing too and it was bugging the hell out of me. Seems totally like what you are saying now that you put it that way.

Nice detective work. That being said, your filtered logo's colors look very nice. I, for one, am hoping this is what we'll see... a lighter, silver-based grey blue that is a nice contrast to the dark blue.

By the way, the Seahawks Facebook page shows the current logo (blue) but on a silver background. Could be effect but also could be a subtle way of incorporating it.

The Seahawks' current look, for the most part, is very solid IMHO. The one problem I have with it, as I have previously pointed out, that the two shades of blue are at times indistinguishable from one another. In fact, I doubt the lighter shade of blue was what the team was originally shooting for. If you look at their current helmet, you will see a very noticeable difference between the lighter blue in their logo and the color of the helmet shell. Lightening that shade of blue, as it appears they have done based on the photo of the gloves, would solve a multitude of problems.

You make a good point, there needs to be more contrast between the two shades of blue. The team prided itself in coming up with the unique shade of "Seahawk Blue" back in 2002 but manufacturers had trouble in duplicating that specific shade in merchandising. If they are indeed making the helmet "darker", then it would almost certainly be going to their navy blue shade, which might as well be black as seen from a distance. They actually could be "lightening" the seahawk blue color for the jerseys and the pants could be silver. Its just very hard to see the logo on the darker color helmets, it just seems to blend in too much, no contrast. Miss how the old logo and colors poped off the old silver helmets........

Can anyone photoshop these, navy helmets with lighter seahawk blue jerseys (jersey all seahawk blue, not with navy sleeves) and silver pants.

Different color on the logo. Not because of filtering, The Northern Lights, or Peter Carroll.

Aurora borealis. At this time of day, at this time of year, in this part of the country, localized entirely within the Seahawks' helmet.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Maybe it's just me being hopeful but don't the new Nike gloves seem to use silver instead of the Seahawk lighter blue? Could be the lighting?

seahawksilver.jpg

Nike photos are generally like ESPN the Magazine photos. Very dark, shadowy and muted in color. Noir athlétique if you will. To me, that's the same color, even though one looks like an old Cowboys helmet and the other looks like actual Pacific Blue. You can see how much warmer and more muted the green and navy are as well on the glove pic.

Totem pole motif for the win.

Disagree. That is 100% their new logo.

Think about it. Nike's gloves had the panther's new logo. The seahawks colors are rumored to be changing from seahawks blue to gray. The logo clearly looks gray. Nike wouldn't have gloves made with the old seahawk logo.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but look at this realistically. All I did here was apply a warming filter and increase the brightness of the right side a little bit, and the colors are dead on to the gloves. It's definitely possible that the logo on the Nike gloves is the same old Seahawks logo that's been through one of Nike's dramatic photo filters. Not saying it is, but it's certainly possible.

seahawksilver.jpg

thanks for this. I was wondering the same thing too and it was bugging the hell out of me. Seems totally like what you are saying now that you put it that way.

Nice detective work. That being said, your filtered logo's colors look very nice. I, for one, am hoping this is what we'll see... a lighter, silver-based grey blue that is a nice contrast to the dark blue.

By the way, the Seahawks Facebook page shows the current logo (blue) but on a silver background. Could be effect but also could be a subtle way of incorporating it.

I feel the same way about the muted colors. The old Cowboys silver blue comes to mind (the one they used in the 70s, or maybe the metallic seafoam color of their pants). I think that would be a great color for the Seahawks, paired with blue and green.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

From the Seahawks.net board regarding the colors of the posted logo and shoes from Nike:

FYI. My sister in-law works for Nike, she told me they will be doing a press release showcasing the new jerseys, on the 24th (feb). They will be available for the public 1st of march. Also the color of the shoes and gloves aren't the actual new colors, although she says the new blue kicks ass.

So.....if those are not the offical new shoe colors or logo colors on the gloves, why was the "new" updated Carolina Panther logo featured in the group of gloves and shoes and not the Seahawks ???? Not sure I believe the above quote. It seems that it is always " I know someone who knows someone who saw " or someone won't post specific info but will talk vague about it.

From the Seahawks.net board regarding the colors of the posted logo and shoes from Nike:

FYI. My sister in-law works for Nike, she told me they will be doing a press release showcasing the new jerseys, on the 24th (feb). They will be available for the public 1st of march. Also the color of the shoes and gloves aren't the actual new colors, although she says the new blue kicks ass.

So.....if those are not the offical new shoe colors or logo colors on the gloves, why was the "new" updated Carolina Panther logo featured in the group of gloves and shoes and not the Seahawks ???? Not sure I believe the above quote. It seems that it is always " I know someone who knows someone who saw " or someone won't post specific info but will talk vague about it.

I'm quite amazed how the new jerseys will go on sale March 1st, when Nike is contractually obligated to wait until April to sell NFL merchandise.

I don't believe 99% of that information.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Even living up here and hearing information from Seahawks employees and on the radio, I still reserve a lot of judgement until I actually see something. I just really hope the "sleevehawk" returns on the primary uniforms or on the proposed throwback. That sleeve design was just so original. I miss it.

I'm quite amazed how the new jerseys will go on sale March 1st, when Nike is contractually obligated to wait until April to sell NFL merchandise.

I don't believe 100% of it. Also the Seahawks are going to navy and gray. There is no "new blue"

Different color on the logo. Not because of filtering, The Northern Lights, or Peter Carroll.

Aurora borealis. At this time of day, at this time of year, in this part of the country, localized entirely within the Seahawks' helmet.

Can I see it?

sig-1.png

Can I see it?

No.

But I must say, you steam a good ham.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I don't believe 100% of it. Also the Seahawks are going to navy and gray. There is no "new blue"

Will there be Lime is everyone's question ?

#DTWD #GoJaguars

"May I see it?"

"No."

Possibly my favorite exchange, if you include the old Skinner family recipe for "steamed hams" bit, in the entire series.

Archived