2012 NFL Draft Cap

mightynine

Those always looked like the tops were wet or something. Really turned me off onto those.

I like the pixelated fade on that Packers brim rather than the gradient from the button.

Yeah, the curved-bill 2009s were much better IMO.

spacer.png

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whichever year had the trucker hats with the cursive font. That was the GOAT year.

they were the best because they weren't an original design...they were a ripoff of the classic sports specialties hat designs

I'm glad the reebok hat era is over

I really wanted to disagree with you but when I pulled up pics of both, they are VERY similar (ripoff-esque?)

RBKdraftmeshscriptmiadol.jpg32-39545-Y.jpg

Either way the '04 Draft hat looks pretty great, I wish I could get my hands on one.

Nobody ... I mean nobody ... circles the wagons like The Buffalo Bills

Whichever year had the trucker hats with the cursive font. That was the GOAT year.

they were the best because they weren't an original design...they were a ripoff of the classic sports specialties hat designs

I really wanted to disagree with you but when I pulled up pics of both, they are VERY similar (ripoff-esque?)

Either way the '04 Draft hat looks pretty great, I wish I could get my hands on one.

I still have a Seahawks one, but the snap is cracking and it barely fits my head anymore.

mav23.gif

Wait...they were the best because they weren't original? Are we not supposed to be creative? Or am I reading that wrong...

Wait...they were the best because they weren't original? Are we not supposed to be creative? Or am I reading that wrong...

I think what he's saying is that the '04 caps were the best only because they were ripped off from someone else, like Reebok can't come up with good designs on its own.

Anyway, I forgot about the 2004 draft cap. I'd like to find a Patriots one.

spacer.png

Both the 2003 and 2004 NFL Draft Day caps look great on guys. It was 2005 that Reebok starting going downhill with the fitted trucker cap (you never do that) and then Reebok completely went to :censored: with the 2010 caps that looked like something a blind man designed.

I still have a Seahawks one, but the snap is cracking and it barely fits my head anymore.

I still have my Sports Specialties "snapbacks" (we didn't call them that in the early '90s). My Chicago Bulls one is in perfect condition, but my Dallas Cowboys (in original blue and the "fashion" black and "fashion" white) caps are all terribly worn out.

They are my favorite caps outside of MLB 5950s, but because barely any of my fitteds fit for long if you actually wear them, I've got a bunch of useless hats and converted back to snapbacks and velcro. (I don't wear caps for fashion reasons, I actually get some use out of them, wear them to games, etc. And prefer that they last. As people have stated above, sometimes finding a simple hat is hard.) So I was thrilled to see them make a comeback and I replaced a few. That 2004 draft cap never really took off it seems, but now Mitchell & Ness and adidas and Nike and more all have an SS ripoff, some more accurate than others. I still love the original two-color -- one for the script and one for the cap.

What ever happened to Sports Specialties?

I was just browsing for them on Ebay. These Sports Specialities caps are ridiculously popular and priced. How did that happen? Why are they so damn popular? I loved them, fit much better than 5950's. I still have a 1986 red sox fitted one (bought it the day after Clemens struck out 20 Mariners)

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

you're reading it wrong...my point being that all of the original reebok hat designs during their nfl contract were terrible and reeked of bad nascar hat styles...I then pointed out that the most liked reebok designs on this board were reproductions of classic hat designs from sports specialties, starter etc....hell reebok even reproduced the logo athletic shark tooth hat which was better than anything they created.

I still have my Sports Specialties "snapbacks" (we didn't call them that in the early '90s). My Chicago Bulls one is in perfect condition, but my Dallas Cowboys (in original blue and the "fashion" black and "fashion" white) caps are all terribly worn out.

They are my favorite caps outside of MLB 5950s, but because barely any of my fitteds fit for long if you actually wear them, I've got a bunch of useless hats and converted back to snapbacks and velcro. (I don't wear caps for fashion reasons, I actually get some use out of them, wear them to games, etc. And prefer that they last. As people have stated above, sometimes finding a simple hat is hard.) So I was thrilled to see them make a comeback and I replaced a few. That 2004 draft cap never really took off it seems, but now Mitchell & Ness and adidas and Nike and more all have an SS ripoff, some more accurate than others. I still love the original two-color -- one for the script and one for the cap.

What ever happened to Sports Specialties?

I'm pretty sure that nike bought them in the early 90's and eventually phased out the brand as nike went big into licensed team apparel.

I was just browsing for them on Ebay. These Sports Specialities caps are ridiculously popular and priced. How did that happen? Why are they so damn popular? I loved them, fit much better than 5950's. I still have a 1986 red sox fitted one (bought it the day after Clemens struck out 20 Mariners)

Snapbacks in general are back in style, and the Sports Specialties script ones are iconic, probably due to NWA rocking the LA Kings version. That's why.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Snapbacks in general are back in style, and the Sports Specialties script ones are iconic, probably due to NWA rocking the LA Kings version. That's why.

Bingo. Just about to post that.

spacer.png

Archived