Jaguars To Get New Uniforms

Gr3g3

I really don't care for matte helmets so meh.

>>>>

I don't like matte either, nor have I ever liked that teal tongue.

They last updated their look in 2009, so by changing yet again in 2013 that's only a 4 year run ... The NFL rule for uniform and/or logo changes is to complete a 5 year run before changing again.

This team just continues to ruin their look ... every single time they've made changes since entering the NFL it's been a step downward. Their initial look was best IMO.

Now they're going mono-black, yet they'll change up at times and wear white pants, and twice a season we'll be seeing their original teal colored jerseys.

Mix that with hiring Mike Mularkey as HC, an OC who would've probably been fired by Atlanta this offseason and its gotta make one wonder if the new owner is trying to decrease fan support even more to make a move to LA easier when dealing with the NFL for approval..

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shad's comments have been good I dont agree with this move because teal is what the Jaguars have been known for but he seems energized about what he can do for the franchise and the city of Jacksonville. So I don't see them changing to black as a way to kill fan interest so they can move the team that's retarded. Khan is talking about new wifi center sound system and HD screens.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Shad's comments have been good I dont agree with this move because teal is what the Jaguars have been known for but he seems energized about what he can do for the franchise and the city of Jacksonville. So I don't see them changing to black as a way to kill fan interest so they can move the team that's retarded. Khan is talking about new wifi center sound system and HD screens.

>>>>>

Not even taking into consideration their continual change of uniforms ........They've closed off all 4 upper-deck end sections and they still don't draw well and are constantly blacked-out. They lack history, and they have nowhere to expand their market in any direction and now they just hire a head-coach who was a disaster the first time around as a HC and wasn't anything more than an avg OC and position-coach at best ... I don't see how a WiFi center and HD screen is going to improve their situation in Northeast Florida.

The jaguar just drank a blue raspberry icee

Just drank it? More like 17 years ago. B)

But if the Jags look anything like this ↓

2806464_display_image.jpg?1318450994

Then I won't complain a bit.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I wish they'd get away from decals and instead actually embed it onto the helmet's surface (if the helmet is black) to use that awesome negative space.

Totally. It's so common to use laser cuts in sign making today, I don't understand why pro football teams can't get on with it already. I'm shocked nobody has tried the 3D rubberized material you see on bumpers (ny giants, u of o). It could be really cool on simple logos like the Colts or ones with suggested depth like the Vikings.

The jaguar just drank a blue raspberry icee

Just drank it? More like 17 years ago. B)

But if the Jags look anything like this ↓

2806464_display_image.jpg?1318450994

Then I won't complain a bit.

The pants have the perfect amount of teal. But the jersey doesn't have enough teal, thus making this set look a little unbalanced

Go A's!

Agreed - that's a very unbalanced look with the wide pant stripes and little teal elsewhere.

Jags haven't blacked out a game since 2009. Fact.

Because they've been buying up their own unsold tickets. Fact.

Yes, it's very good for the team and city that they haven't ha a game blacked out in recent seasons. But let's not confuse that tactic with a franchise or fanbase on the rise.

Now, one could say that was the old ownership, and this new guy will turn things around. I'm certainly willing to agree with that, but the fans will have to take the lead and not just sit around waiting for Khan to do all the work before they start supporting their team.

Agreed - that's a very unbalanced look with the wide pant stripes and little teal elsewhere.

Yes, it's very good for the team and city that they haven't ha a game blacked out in recent seasons. But let's not confuse that tactic with a franchise or fanbase on the rise.

Now, one could say that was the old ownership, and this new guy will turn things around. I'm certainly willing to agree with that, but the fans will have to take the lead and not just sit around waiting for Khan to do all the work before they start supporting their team.

There's precedent for that. When Arthur Blank took over in Atlanta, he asked the players what he could do to help them succeed. The #1 suggestion was to fill the Georgia Dome...with Falcons fans. (I've posted elsewhere about them being booed during intros by opposing fans and so on.) Blank sold upper deck season tickets for $200 the first few seasons. Think about that - $20 a game for a season ticket. That put butts in seats. Don't know what the Jags' prices are but some kind of promotion like that might help them get people into the stadium.

Then they have to win, though. That's the bottom line for any sports team to be successful.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Well, I would say that they have to be competitive. That's all that a fan can ask.

Problem with Jacksonville is that even when the Jags have been fighting for a playoff spot, the fans haven't cared. We've posted pictures of those clinch games played before thousands of empty teal seats.

I'm willing to accept that the fanbase soured on the Weavers, even when he gave them a competitive team. But if they treat the Jags similarly under the Khan regime, it will say much more about the fanbase than ownership.

I wish they'd get away from decals and instead actually embed it onto the helmet's surface (if the helmet is black) to use that awesome negative space.

Totally. It's so common to use laser cuts in sign making today, I don't understand why pro football teams can't get on with it already. I'm shocked nobody has tried the 3D rubberized material you see on bumpers (ny giants, u of o). It could be really cool on simple logos like the Colts or ones with suggested depth like the Vikings.

They couldn't do a 3D rubberized helmet logo because it would be a safety hazard - as long as the helmets are reasonably smooth on the shell they slide off each other on a helmet-to-helmet hit (yes I know that type of hit is now illegal but it occurs all the time during the course of games). It's okay to have a 3D rubberized front bumper logo because the logo is lower than the facemask mounting hardware.

Embedding the logo in the finish is probably where they will go next based on those new hydro finishes that the colleges have been using (like the Maryland flag finish, Oregon's various graphite and the liquid finish, etc.).

Yes, there have been a few instances of them buying up their own tickets. But more often than not, the tickets have been bought by the fans. Also, if you look at the NFL attendance by percentage of stadium, Jags are in mid-20s. (Don't start with the tarp crap, if there were no tarps then one of the smallest NFL markets would have one of the biggest stadiums and it is unfair to expect them to meet that higher number. The reason the stadium is that big is for the Florida-Georgia game.)

But you have to realize that equipment managers remove and replace those decals weekly. It's really not practical to have decals in more than one piece or made of something that can't be applied easily by hand. Also, anything rubberized or grippy on the surface of the helmet shell is a no-no. That's like asking for head and neck trauma. (EDIT: John in KY beat me to it.)

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Yes, there have been a few instances of them buying up their own tickets. But more often than not, the tickets have been bought by the fans. Also, if you look at the NFL attendance by percentage of stadium, Jags are in mid-20s. (Don't start with the tarp crap, if there were no tarps then one of the smallest NFL markets would have one of the biggest stadiums and it is unfair to expect them to meet that higher number. The reason the stadium is that big is for the Florida-Georgia game.)

And even then they add on an entire tier of seating on the south side that reaches up to the scoreboard. Stadium was def made with the Cocktail Party and Gator Bowl in mind but I'm sure that they can fill the stadium to 76,00 again soon. They just need to get somebody other than MJD and get the fan excited and actually wanting to go. Somebody already said this and I completely agree that they need to pull an ATL.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

The more I hear from Shad (besides the Tebow talk) the more I like him! this guy is gonna be great for Jacksonville! I think he might have been part of the reason why Goodell has all of a sudden changed his mind about expansion. Im not crazy about the idea of all-black uniforms, but we definitely need a new look to go with all of the other newness and excitement around the team

Archived