Jaguars To Get New Uniforms

Gr3g3

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do I have the feeling that a 4 color is coming to the Jaguars ? Like the never used Sliver or Chrome my bet would be chrome !

I sure hope not. Im starting to be OK with all black as long as there is alot of teal and a little bit of gold thrown in too.

Thats what people like Goth don't understand. He is a spoiled Packer fan. Fact is sales are struggling everywhere. Yet the Jags have no blckouts in two years. Things arent as dire as he thinks. Bucs and Bengals. That is dire. Goodell knows. After the 09 season he said sell tickets or be out. Now he is talking expansion, not relocation.

Yeah, those 1970s and 1980s Packers sure spoiled me. :rolleyes: Dude, I'm a Brewer fan. I had season tickets to County Stadium for a couple years in the 1990s. I've seen more bad teams than I can count.

I am sympathetic to fanbases saddled with bad teams. That sympathy is very hard to sustain when the same fans won't show up to support a winning club.

Last year, the Jaguars were fighting for a playoff spot in the final home game of the season. And this is the turnout they got:

09000d5d81d34e75_gallery_600.jpg

Again, that's the Jags in the playoff hunt. You have to come out and support your club when they're giving you a reason to.

I'm very glad that they have a new owner, and hope that Khan can turn it around there. But let's not let enthusiasm for the future re-write the past, and the history of support in Jacksonville ranges from the understandably lukewarm to flat-out pathetic.

With you logic 9 other teams needs to move. BTW, the Redskin game is the coldest game in Jag history. We needed a miricle to get in. Look at the Texan game from that year when we really were in it. DO it. Lose your ignorance.

Goth, Your logic is they should leave becuse of attendance issues. Well, they should be in last place, right? I mean it's so bad they have to move. So according to you these teams should move, too.

San Diego, Cleveland, St Louis, Tampa Bay, Buffalo, Washington, Miami and Cincinati. They had bigger issues this year. Leave the Jags alone. You clearly dont have a clue.

BTW, the Redskin game is the coldest game in Jag history.

Yeah, how can you expect football fans to show up in cold weather? Come on now.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Florida is a different beast. There were snow flurries that morning. To give you an idea how rare that is, a majority of days in January this year were in the 70's. Tickets were still bought with a vast majority being season tickets. Most people are inside. A lot of options inside the stadium. More so than most. I have posted pics before. Again,Jags aren't no Bengals. Hell, even two Bengal fans showed up in this thred and said Mike Brown can kick rocks.

Why do I have the feeling that a 4 color is coming to the Jaguars ? Like the never used Sliver or Chrome my bet would be chrome !

I sure hope not. Im starting to be OK with all black as long as there is alot of teal and a little bit of gold thrown in too.

I hope your right, I'm still not all in about the teal being moved to 3rd but I understand it from a business standpoint and hopefully we will see a much more uniformed set in 2013 that's respectable, long lasting and holds plenty of the Jaguars tradition. ( bring back the crawling Jaguar ) I also understand the word mark will more then likely be redone again !!

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Excuses, excuses, style. It's too hot, it's too chilly, the team is bad, no, the team is good but it's not good enough.

I hope you can turn it around under the new owner. But the burden lies on the fans to show up first and foremost. They seem to view that lease as some sort of guarantee that they won't ever lose the team, which is shaky ground at best.

Fingers crossed for the future, but let's be honest about the past.

I hope your right, I'm still not all in about the teal being moved to 3rd but I understand it from a business standpoint and hopefully we will see a much more uniformed set in 2013 that's respectable, long lasting and holds plenty of the Jaguars tradition. ( bring back the crawling Jaguar ) I also understand the word mark will more then likely be redone again !!

Im kind of worried they might mess with the logo. I really doubt they bring back the crawling jaguar. I doubt they have any sleeve logo. We will just have to wait and see what they come up with. Just look at it this way they cant have more of a downgrade from the last time they changed uniforms.

Thats what people like Goth don't understand. He is a spoiled Packer fan. Fact is sales are struggling everywhere. Yet the Jags have no blckouts in two years. Things arent as dire as he thinks. Bucs and Bengals. That is dire. Goodell knows. After the 09 season he said sell tickets or be out. Now he is talking expansion, not relocation.

Yeah, those 1970s and 1980s Packers sure spoiled me. :rolleyes: Dude, I'm a Brewer fan. I had season tickets to County Stadium for a couple years in the 1990s. I've seen more bad teams than I can count.

I am sympathetic to fanbases saddled with bad teams. That sympathy is very hard to sustain when the same fans won't show up to support a winning club.

Last year, the Jaguars were fighting for a playoff spot in the final home game of the season. And this is the turnout they got:

09000d5d81d34e75_gallery_600.jpg

Again, that's the Jags in the playoff hunt. You have to come out and support your club when they're giving you a reason to.

I'm very glad that they have a new owner, and hope that Khan can turn it around there. But let's not let enthusiasm for the future re-write the past, and the history of support in Jacksonville ranges from the understandably lukewarm to flat-out pathetic.

using attendance to gauge a team's level of fan support is an incomplete barometer to say the least in this modern era of pro football...the nfl has clearly made it that tv is infinitely more important to the league and franchises in terms of value...given the ridiculous inflation of the cost of attending a game and/or season tickets in this economy it's become readily apparent that going to a game is no longer attainable for the common fan...going to a game is now a privilege reserved for the die-hard or well to do fan...the rest can stay at home and watch.

Stay home and watch?

According to Forbes, in 2010 (the most recent figures I can find), Jacksonville Jaguars games were 22nd in the league. Couple that with bad attendance, and it still doesn't look good for them.

Are there worse teams? Sure. But not many. And even fewer who can't point to at least one significant period of sustained interest in their history.

Stay home and watch?

According to Forbes, in 2010 (the most recent figures I can find), Jacksonville Jaguars games were 22nd in the league. Couple that with bad attendance, and it still doesn't look good for them.

Are there worse teams? Sure. But not many. And even fewer who can't point to at least one significant period of sustained interest in their history.

Those teams that are worse are also probably in much larger markets than Jacksonville, so by default they bring more to the table.

Florida is a different beast. There were snow flurries that morning. To give you an idea how rare that is, a majority of days in January this year were in the 70's. Tickets were still bought with a vast majority being season tickets. Most people are inside. A lot of options inside the stadium. More so than most. I have posted pics before. Again,Jags aren't no Bengals. Hell, even two Bengal fans showed up in this thred and said Mike Brown can kick rocks.

I live in Florida.

That type of weather sounds like heaven to me. Screw the 100+ and humidity every day between April and September.

spacer.png

Florida is a different beast. There were snow flurries that morning.

You had snow flurries? My stars. Those poor souls who did go to the game were brave ones indeed.

Im kind of worried they might mess with the logo. I really doubt they bring back the crawling jaguar. I doubt they have any sleeve logo. We will just have to wait and see what they come up with. Just look at it this way they cant have more of a downgrade from the last time they changed uniforms.

Oh god I hope not see & it end up like something Carolina just did to there logo the Jaguars logo is perfect how it ( teal tounge and all) either keep the helmet teal flake or some form of black. The jersey who knows what Nike is going to do especially for the fact it's going to be their first full revamp. That's why I have a feeling of another color or shade being added for "effect" and teal being on the backburner !

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Florida is a different beast. There were snow flurries that morning.

You had snow flurries? My stars. Those poor souls who did go to the game were brave ones indeed.

Yes snow flurries ! Pretty intense when your not used to that type of weather I don't agree with it as being an excuse for people not being in attendance but I've encountered plenty of people from other parts of the country who have a hell of a time sitting through 4 quarters during are September games because of the heat and humidity. So in some cases that I'm sure is a two way street.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

The average low for Jacksonville in December is 44 degrees. Mid-30s isn't so far removed that people there couldn't be trusted to go about their business.

And the one thing I hope that Khan does change is that hairball logo. Do for the Jags what NFL Properties did for the Panthers.

Archived