Lights Out

Favorite NBA Warmups

I miss the days when NBA teams had their own unique warmup jackets. With that in mind (and inspired by Discrim's Bellevue Bulls concept thread), here's my list of favorites:

6070A_med.jpeg

I'd love to see a modernized version of this based on the Wizards' new uniforms.

1992-93+ROAD+SS+WARMUP+JACKET.jpg

6622917_2_l.jpg

Loved the Suns and the Magic warmups.

Also, the Lakers were classic:

304816-Jones%20lakers%20warmup%20combo.jpg

Same with Celtics:

45208_01_lg.jpg

This Spurs warmup is great I think, but I kinda liked the Fiesta Colors. Probably circa '97?

6040B_lg.jpeg

I miss those individualized warm ups. I don't understand why Adidas thought it would better to use one template for the entire league. Sure, it's (presumably) cheaper to produce, but wouldn't individualized warm ups generate stronger sales?

BTW, I own two of these Bullets warmups from the '80s (one in home white, the other in away blue as shown below):

114769b_lg.jpeg

They're my favorite piece of sports memorabilia.

Same with Celtics:

45208_01_lg.jpg

I think it's an interesting quirk that the name plates on these were held on by velcro, but I'd hate to own one of those - I'd be worrying about the name plate falling off.

I couldn't agree with you more. I have to throw in my two favorites. The Denver Nuggets with the bright colors and the skyline. Alex English looked sweet in that warmup and the 1980 Utah Jazz warmups. They might not have been the best teams but you knew when they hit the court!

Detroit Pistons warmups from the late 80's

badboys.jpg

Didn't Nike redo those before Reebok won the contract?

Detroit Pistons warmups from the late 80's

badboys.jpg

Didn't Nike redo those before Reebok won the contract?

yes

teal version

6087F_med.jpeg

red white and blue version

image.jpg

darko.190.jpg

This Spurs warmup is great I think, but I kinda liked the Fiesta Colors. Probably circa '97?

6040B_lg.jpeg

More like late '80s-early '90s. I saw a live Spurs-Mavericks game during that era where the Spurs wore those.

114379_Knicks_Warriors_Basketball.jpg

67-41252-Y.jpg

Oh, this isn't the worst warm-ups ever, even for an Adidas template, thread? Seriously, this year's warm ups and shooting shirts are by far the worst Adidas has put out.

I really like the previously posted Magic and Suns warm-ups, those are both awesome

What about Pistons Nike made that retro warmup:

i5p254.jpg

I always like Hawks warmup from 96-97:

2258a_lg.jpeg

And Charlotte Hornets from Muggsy Bogues era:

CA1-1985a_med.jpeg

What about Pistons Nike made that retro warmup:

i5p254.jpg

I always like Hawks warmup from 96-97:

2258a_lg.jpeg

And Charlotte Hornets from Muggsy Bogues era:

CA1-1985a_med.jpeg

pistons warmups were one of the best of all time I also liked atlanta's back in the late 80's also

114379_Knicks_Warriors_Basketball.jpg

67-41252-Y.jpg

Oh, this isn't the worst warm-ups ever, even for an Adidas template, thread? Seriously, this year's warm ups and shooting shirts are by far the worst Adidas has put out.

I really like the previously posted Magic and Suns warm-ups, those are both awesome

I think Adidas stopped caring or they just aren't capable of making anything decent besides their Original clothing/shoe line.

6040B_lg.jpeg

More like late '80s-early '90s. I saw a live Spurs-Mavericks game during that era where the Spurs wore those.

The one in the picture's from '96-97 (you can see the 50th anniversary patch on the sleeve), but I think was introduced in '94 - before that they wore this:

5d267002-0cf6-415b-a62e-aa5e931628a2.jpg