2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

Brendan Smith is the 8th suspension so far and the season hasn't even begun yet. Close to a million dollars in forfeited salary. The suspensions are crazy, but on the other hand, I'm glad they are being served out. If it means players being more precautious and less head injuries, just keep em' comming. It's nice to know that someone's stepping up.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What the :censored: Jacques?

I haven't looked at that game's highlights yet, but I'd love to know what Duco did which supposedly warranted Jacques leaving the bench and skating all the way over to the other side of the rink to beat the crap out of him. Looks like Duco didn't even see it coming.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

What the :censored: Jacques?

I haven't looked at that game's highlights yet, but I'd love to know what Duco did which supposedly warranted Jacques leaving the bench and skating all the way over to the other side of the rink to beat the crap out of him. Looks like Duco didn't even see it coming.

He fought Getzlaf earlier in the period. Getzlaf held his own, he's a big boy now and hell he probably won the fight, but Jacques felt the need to further defend Getzlaf, his captain, the Ducks' star, or some crap. One way or the other, it wasn't necessary. I guess I understand his sentiment, but he definitely went about it completely the wrong way.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Brendan Shanahan is on tv about as much as Barack Obama! Brendan we get it. We get the fact that you're the new guy in charge, but seriously are you missing the spotlight that much that you have to do a video for every suspension? Just suspend the morons and stop with the videos.

The videos are being done to provide transparency to a process which was previously shrouded, and widely-viewed as inconsistent and prone to playing favorites.

Dumbass.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The videos are being done to provide transparency to a process which was previously shrouded, and widely-viewed as inconsistent and prone to playing favorites.

Dumbass.

He could at least be a little more enthusiastic about it.

"I'm Brendan Shanahan, the National Hockey League's Senior Vice President of Player Safety. On <day> night in <city>, an incident occured...."

/Ben Stein voice

Come on, NHL.

Maybe they could jazz them up, but I love what they're going for.

One of the few examples of the NHL being truly out in front of the other leagues.

No reason to. I like that the NHL is trying to treat reckless play so seriously, and these explanations should be treated in a serious, straight forward manner. What do you want in the way of "jazzing it up", anyway? A fancy theme song, some jokes peppered in?

One of the few examples of the NHL being truly out in front of the other leagues.

No reason to. I like that the NHL is trying to treat reckless play so seriously, and these explanations should be treated in a serious, straight forward manner. What do you want in the way of "jazzing it up", anyway? A fancy theme song, some jokes peppered in?

I agree, the straight forward approach is the way to do it. My main complaint about the videos are the long intro by Shanahan naming his poition. That could be cut down to just "NHL's Senior VP of Hockey Ops" not the "National Hockey League's Senior Vice President of Hockey Operations." With the amount of videos/suspensions we've seen, that part has gotten quite stale.

But I love the videos. Great thing for the league.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

If the players don't understand what an illegal hit is by now, Shanahan's explained that about 52 times in the past week, then they never will. I'm sorry, but all these hits look the same to me and don't need to be explained. It's either a hit to the head or a hit from behind and is self-explanitory.

Yakety Sax would work.

Shanahan's Joke Hut and Discipline Control!

Love the videos, love the transparency. Personally theres been too many of them, which goes to show that this needs to be drilled into their heads more. Its freaking preseason for crying out loud.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Tom Jackson and Chris Berman loudly ejaculating that a player got JACKED UP!, perhaps?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Tom Jackson and Chris Berman loudly ejaculating that a player got JACKED UP!, perhaps?

while i enjoyed NFL prime time, Chris Berman was not one of them.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Per ESPN, his agent says that the Rangers will place Sean Avery on waivers.

And if he stays in Europe which is rumored, then the whole NHL will be better.

Now all the NHL needs is for the Pens to get rid of Matt Cooke. Won't happen any time soon, though, as the Pens have made him an Alternate for 2011-12.

spacer.png

Per ESPN, his agent says that the Rangers will place Sean Avery on waivers.

And if he stays in Europe which is rumored, then the whole NHL will be better.

Now all the NHL needs is for the Pens to get rid of Matt Cooke. Won't happen any time soon, though, as the Pens have made him an Alternate for 2011-12.

So, who the Primary goon for the Pens now?

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived