2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

What? We're talking about the season? This can't happen!

madeley.jpg

:P

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kings beat Vancouver 3-2 in the shootout :D

Don't you mean the Queens?

asdfkv.png

Even as a Ducks fan, that insult is stale and weak.

More like the Anaheim Mighty Sucks! See what I did there? That was clever, yes?

Eh. It's better than the scores of "EMILIO!", "Where's Bombay at?", "Don't try the triple deke, Conway!", "Flying V!", "Knucklepuck!", "Goldberg!", "QUACK QUACK QUACK!", etc that I've endured over the years. :lol:

Side note: Your post reminds me of a crisis I face as a fast-typing Ducks fan. The letter "D" on the keyboard is precariously positioned between the letters "S" and "F", which, for obvious reasons, can present an issue in textual conversation.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

And that's what's know as backtracking...

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Blackhawks laid the stink on the Sabres' backup tonight. Shaw/Hayes = excellence.

Shaw's strength is a preternatural tendency to show up in the right place at the right time. That sounds like I'm downplaying his actual abilities, but the thing about being in the right place at the right time so often is that you have to keep arriving there in the first place. There's something to be said for that portion when you consider players like Frolik and Montador who look like haywire compasses out there.

Shame that Hayes didn't get to land a punch on Kaleta before he turtled. Sure did punch Bryan Bickell's ticket out of town, though!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Blackhawks laid the stink on the Sabres' backup tonight. Shaw/Hayes = excellence.

Shaw's strength has a preternatural tendency to show up in the right place at the right time. That sounds like I'm downplaying his actual abilities, but the thing about being in the right place at the right time so often is that you have to keep arriving there in the first place. There's something to be said for that portion when you consider players like Frolik and Montador who look like haywire compasses out there.

Shame that Hayes didn't get to land a punch on Kaleta before he turtled. Sure did punch Bryan Bickell's ticket out of town, though!

Agreed - Shaw's GOT to cool off, but, as you stated, that kind of 'luck' follows guys around and the instinct to make that kind of noise in front of the net is what the hawks have needed, kind of like a mini-byfuglien. Hayes has played well, but I feel like Bickell has punched his own ticket out of town. Guy had every opportunity to succeed and simply shut it down.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this and I didn't want to start a new topic.

http://www2.tbo.com/news/breaking-news/2012/jan/19/mascot-abuse-bruins-fan-shoves-thunderbug-at-bolts-ar-349117/#poll_388

A Bruins fan gets ejected from the TBT Forum after shoving the mascot. For all of the talk of "the rise of fan violence" that the leagues and ESPN like to talk about maybe they shouldn't arm their employees with silly string and let them blast people in the eye.

As a former mascot, I have mixed opinions about that. Yes, Thunderbug crossed the line with the silly string, but when you're in that costume you're pretty much defenseless. Lack of class by both parties involved.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

As a former mascot, I have mixed opinions about that. Yes, Thunderbug crossed the line with the silly string, but when you're in that costume you're pretty much defenseless. Lack of class by both parties involved.

Oh, I agree. I guess my post sounded like I was defending the guy, which I am not. Both parties were in the wrong.

"40 Years of Failure" is a more apt slogan for the Kings

Come on now. It's about to be 45!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

And now the NHL has its own version of Club Penguin.

EDIT: Turns out this was unveiled last year. I only just got the email.

It took that long to cross the Atlantic?!

I just got the email, too.

Its called a joke...

Now this may be hard to believe, but emotions don't transfer over a computer screen.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this and I didn't want to start a new topic.

http://www2.tbo.com/news/breaking-news/2012/jan/19/mascot-abuse-bruins-fan-shoves-thunderbug-at-bolts-ar-349117/#poll_388

A Bruins fan gets ejected from the TBT Forum after shoving the mascot. For all of the talk of "the rise of fan violence" that the leagues and ESPN like to talk about maybe they shouldn't arm their employees with silly string and let them blast people in the eye.

Bad blood at the Forum between Bruins fans and the Lightning and what-not?

Shocking!!

I'm still stunned the Lightning managed to suck stopping long enough to beat the best team in the NHL.

spacer.png

The Blue Jackets signed Brett Lebda to a one year deal today. Radek Martinek is out for the year with a concussion.

Does this mean my name has to be "Lebda4Norris" now?

Will you be starting a bunch of Blue Jacket threads now? :P

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

I'm glad Nik Hagman is working out for the Ducks. I guess all he needed was to join the Finnish express.

He's been a great pick-up on whichever line he's been on. He rode shotgun with Getzlaf and Perry for a while, and now he's on the all-Finn line with Teemu and Saku. He's filling his role alongside the skilled guys. Hard forecheck, retrieving pucks, making space, getting to the crease. Perfect compliment. I wouldn't mind seeing him come back to Anaheim next season.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I'm glad Nik Hagman is working out for the Ducks. I guess all he needed was to join the Finnish express.

He's been a great pick-up on whichever line he's been on. He rode shotgun with Getzlaf and Perry for a while, and now he's on the all-Finn line with Teemu and Saku. He's filling his role alongside the skilled guys. Hard forecheck, retrieving pucks, making space, getting to the crease. Perfect compliment. I wouldn't mind seeing him come back to Anaheim next season.

He's a talented player, I thought he'd be the best out of the Phaneuf trade, turns out it was all bad. Just couldn't play under a Sutter system, alot of players can't.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Watching the Kings reminds me of the 05-06 Flames. Can't score to save themselves, plays a tight checking game, and relies on tremendous goaltending.

Darryl Sutter Hockey at it's finest.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived