njmeadowlanders

2011-12 NHL Season

Ference gets 3 games according to the ticker on ESPN.

It's like the Bruins want to start losing.

Is Zetterberg going to get off scott free for his boarding call on Saturday night that led to his ejection?

*insert your "Who is Scott Free" jokes here*

Is Zetterberg going to get off scott free for his boarding call on Saturday night that led to his ejection?

*insert your "Who is Scott Free" jokes here*

Yes he is.

Should he?

Well that depends. Was the act all that bad that I think he needs more than what he got? No.

But has the NHL previously suggested you'll be punished simply for putting yourself in that position? Sort of.

The league still picks and chooses based on stars and team.

Ferrence got his feet tangled and MAYBE made the collision worse when he outstretched his arms to catch his balance. Maybe he deserves 1-game more than whatever Zetterberg gets. He got three.

Brendan Shanahan is doing an awful job so far.

Shanahan started off well, but has since descended into the same haphazard enforcement that got Hockey Dad fired. I think we all expected him to go easy on the Red Wings, too.

Is he still doing the videos for each suspension or has that been abandoned?

Is he still doing the videos for each suspension or has that been abandoned?

He did one for Ference, so I believe so.

Letang has been named to the All-Star roster.... but James Neal, who is now 4th in goals, is still snubbed.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Tanger, but...

Letang has been named to the All-Star roster.... but James Neal, who is now 4th in goals, is still snubbed.

If it helps, the Blues, who are bouncing around 1st in the league and 1st in their conference (right now they're 2nd in the league and conference), have exactly one All Star, and it's their back up goaltender.

Now I'm not complaining, primarily because I don't care, and also because the Blues don't exactly have any superstar stand out. But just saying the All Star selection process certainly is flawed, but there's no way to do it where it won't be.

You can't replace a D (Byfuglien) with a F (Neal) so they added Letang. Should Neal have taken Koivu's spot instead of Eberle? Perhaps.

You can't replace a D (Byfuglien) with a F (Neal) so they added Letang. Should Neal have taken Koivu's spot instead of Eberle? Perhaps.

That's what I meant. It was a perfect opportunity to rectify a mistake, but instead they made the same one.

Maybe they were afraid everyone would raise a big stink if two penguins were selected.

That's what I meant. It was a perfect opportunity to rectify a mistake, but instead they made the same one.

Maybe they were afraid everyone would raise a big stink if two penguins were selected.

Eberle was informed if he wasn't hurt at the time the teams were originally announced, that he would have been included in the ASG. So for those reasons, he is the first replacement when it came to forwards.

Surprised no one has mentioned this yet, but apparently Tim Thomas skipped the Bruins' trip to the White House to meet the President.

According to the team, he will release a statement regarding why he didn't attend later today on his Facebook page.

"Everybody has their own opinions and political beliefs and he chose not to join us," Bruins president Cam Neely told ESPN.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/01/23/obama_bruins/

No worries, they will start their winning streak tonight against the Caps who have been playing very inconsistent hockey as of late. However, the Caps should be more desperate for the two points right now and hope they show up and beat the Killer B's.

Surprised no one has mentioned this yet, but apparently Tim Thomas skipped the Bruins' trip to the White House to meet the President.

According to the team, he will release a statement regarding why he didn't attend later today on his Facebook page.

"Everybody has their own opinions and political beliefs and he chose not to join us," Bruins president Cam Neely told ESPN.

http://www.sportsnet...3/obama_bruins/

It's not really a big deal, is it? He chose not to participate, the team respected that choice. GM said he could have forced him to come or suspend him but he has chosen to do neither.

http://www.sportsnet...3/obama_bruins/

It's not really a big deal, is it? He chose not to participate, the team respected that choice. GM said he could have forced him to come or suspend him but he has chosen to do neither.

It's not a big deal. If it is for political beliefs, Thomas just looks petty, but that's his choice.

No worries, they will start their winning streak tonight against the Caps who have been playing very inconsistent hockey as of late. However, the Caps should be more desperate for the two points right now and hope they show up and beat the Killer B's.

I think the Caps could manage a victory tonight, the Bruins have looked sluggish since the Canucks game.

On the Thomas-Obama issue, I find it kind of odd. I mean, it's not like Obama's going to be standing up there espousing Democratic Party talking points, but to each his own. Even if Thomas doesn't agree with Obama, he was the Bruins biggest (read: only) American player on the team, and it just seems odd that Obama's honoring a team comprised of entirely Canadians and Europeans.

I think Curt Schilling (who, in case you don't know, is a big Republican) would go to the White House if the Red Sox won the World Series during Obama's tenure as president and Schilling kept pitching into Obama's tenure.

I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People.

This is being done at the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers vision for the Federal government.

Because I believe this, today I exercised my right as a Free Citizen, and did not visit the White House. This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country. This was about a choice I had to make as an INDIVIDUAL.

This is the only public statement I will be making on this topic. TT

Tim Thomas is goddamn weird.

I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People.

This is being done at the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers vision for the Federal government.

Because I believe this, today I exercised my right as a Free Citizen, and did not visit the White House. This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country. This was about a choice I had to make as an INDIVIDUAL.

Tim Thomas is goddamn awesome.

Fixed your post.

Tim Thomas is goddamn weird.

I concur.

Sounds like Thomas is an Ayn Rand fanboy.