2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

You're gonna need a little more than that!

Jackets won't be awful because most everyone in the West is pretty good, but they won't be a playoff team.

Yeah I know, but that was just a few guys to name of the top of my head.

bjays.jpg

859b2e1d-225e-4e60-9651-2aebe5e67109_zps4fd9e69d.jpg

Active Teams

Winnipeg Blue Bombers (1-2, T-1st, East Div.)

Toronto Blue Jays (45-49, 5th in AL East Div. 8.5 GB of wildcard spot)

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're gonna need a little more than that!

Jackets won't be awful because most everyone in the West is pretty good, but they won't be a playoff team.

Exactly. They'll be better than teams like the Blues, Oilers, and Flames; but they play in one of the toughest divisions in the NHL and still have some major flaws.

Everyone's ragging on the Flames, but I had them finishing 7th or 8th. Maybe they'll squeeze one more year out of the Kiprusoff jalopy, though last year doesn't fill me with faith. I don't remember him being particularly good.

Oilers will be better than people think, probably like a 2008 Blackhawks season where the youth shows up big but it's still not enough to finish higher than 10th or 11th. That Blues team is a bag o' suck, though, you're right. Every game they win against a talented team will be an indictment of the sport.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Everyone's ragging on the Flames, but I had them finishing 7th or 8th. Maybe they'll squeeze one more year out of the Kiprusoff jalopy, though last year doesn't fill me with faith. I don't remember him being particularly good.

I still think highly of Kipprusoff. They guy just needs to play less than 70 games. He has averaged 74 games a year since the lockout.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Per the Twitterverse:

DarrenDreger Darren Dreger

There is a term sheet outlining price and fact Matt Hulsizer will own controlling interest if the deal closes in St Lou. It is non-binding.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Duckhuntsuicied.gif

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

If Kipper plays 65 games this year, and Karlsson lives up to expectations. I fully expect the Flames to finish 6th or better. Got nothing to lose this year.

Dude won a Vezina, and finished as a runner up for the Hart. Just needs for rest, he can still make some of the greatest saves in the NHL.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

The Washington Capitals are the new version of the San Jose Sharks: year in and year out, people will pick them to win the Cup, only to have them lose in the first or second round.

Seems like every year, you think they're gonna break out of that postseason funk and make a run...then they get into the playoffs and you see why they disappoint you time & time again. The Sharks at least got to the conference finals last year (before losing to a clearly superior Canucks team. At least they didn't get upset like usual), the Caps have been a regular season powerhouse for about half-a-decade now, and they still haven't even got past the 2nd round. It's gotten to the point where whenever I read a pundit picking either team, I just gloss over it. Maybe this will be the year, but right now, I'm not buying it from either team.

EDIT: Speak of the Devil! :lol:

Anyways, the Predators & Canes will both show 40 or so games in the Atlanta market, trying to woo the fans of the former Thrashers. In addition, the Predators have been offering weekend ticket packages & the Canes have considered playing preseason games at Philips in the future. It's sad that teams from out of town who are basically trying to vulture their way into more money via the Atlanta market have already done more to try to court hockey fans in this town than the Spirit Group ever did.

I'm not complaining about the games, though. We finally get to see some halfway decent hockey played on local TV for a change. :P

We've had Predators and Hurricanes games aired on Atlanta TV already, albeit at 1-3am. But it does kick ass to get to see live hockey on TV and not be subjected to the loudmouths on Versus/NBC just to watch hockey.

I've already made one trip to Nashville for a preseason game. The goal is to travel to Nashville and the other four Southeast Division cities and catch a Jets game this season. We're heading to Tampa and Miami later in the month....

West predictions:

1)San Jose

2)Vancouver

3)Detroit

4)Los Angeles

5)Nashville

6)Chicago

7)Anahiem

8)Dallas

9)Columbus

10)St. Louis

11)Minnesota

12)Calgary

13)Edmonton

14)Colorado

15)Phoenix

bjays.jpg

859b2e1d-225e-4e60-9651-2aebe5e67109_zps4fd9e69d.jpg

Active Teams

Winnipeg Blue Bombers (1-2, T-1st, East Div.)

Toronto Blue Jays (45-49, 5th in AL East Div. 8.5 GB of wildcard spot)

So Chris Campoli screwed himself out of a fair bit of money by going to arbitration, and now he's been injured in the first game of the season. He's doing his damnedest to make the Blackhawks' brain trust seem smarter every day, I'll give him that.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived