2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, if the goalie willingly makes himself a combatant, he best not complain when the other team skates over and beats him with his own pads, as is their right. Fortunately that didn't happen.

If by "willingly makes himself a combatant" you meant "getting punched in the face and retaliating," then I whole-heartedly agree. The Blues were too busy gooning it up tonight instead of trying to win a hockey game.

He swung at 3 different people in white jerseys. I think Howard has a death wish.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

An embarrassing, classless, spoiled brat speaking bush-league, self-centered, unprofessional, immature, shabby blather.

That's what Boston and conservative icon Curt Schilling had to say about the Tim Thomas situation.

spacer.png

An embarrassing, classless, spoiled brat speaking bush-league, self-centered, unprofessional, immature, shabby blather.

That's what Boston and conservative icon Curt Schilling had to say about the Tim Thomas situation.

Sounds about right. I respect TT as an athlete but what an arrogant blowhard he is pulling that childish crap.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Well... his children are Kiley, Kelsey, and Keegan

Mark my words, Tim Thomas gets nabbed for federal income tax evasion in the next 10 years. That seems a lot like Sovereign Citizen talk.

Sounds about right. I respect TT as an athlete but what an arrogant blowhard he is pulling that childish crap.

Wow... the sheer ignorance on these boards about this topic is absolutely mind blowing. Yeah not supporting a bought and paid for, teleprompter reading puppet who's systematically torching the Bill of Rights and Constitution must mean you're racist... Cause presidents are judged by the colour of their skin, not the fruits of their administration :rolleyes:. But I have to agree with Sodboy... he definitely deserves to be jailed for tax evasion for excercising his first ammendment rights... What a jerk!

As an American, you just don't refuse an invitation to the White House. It is an honor.

And as a teammate, you don't stay back while your team visits the White House.

He does not HAVE to go to the white house, he is a sovereign individual and if he does not agree with the current administration (NDAA, SOPA, wars without approval from congress, etc) he has the right to decline the invitation. That is what being an american is about... I'm surprised a Canadian has to go on here and educate you about it.

As a Canucks fan I used to hate Tim Thomas but he has just gained my complete, unwavering respect. Kudos to him.

I called him what I did because he put himself above his team.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Well... his children are Kiley, Kelsey, and Keegan

Mark my words, Tim Thomas gets nabbed for federal income tax evasion in the next 10 years. That seems a lot like Sovereign Citizen talk.

Wow... the sheer ignorance on these boards about this topic is absolutely mind blowing. Yeah not supporting a bought and paid for, teleprompter reading puppet who's systematically torching the Bill of Rights and Constitution must mean you're racist... Cause presidents are judged by the colour of their skin, not the fruits of their administration :rolleyes:. But I have to agree with Sodboy... he definitely deserves to be jailed for tax evasion for excercising his first ammendment rights... What a jerk!

As an American, you just don't refuse an invitation to the White House. It is an honor.

And as a teammate, you don't stay back while your team visits the White House.

He does not HAVE to go to the white house, he is a sovereign individual and if he does not agree with the current administration (NDAA, SOPA, wars without approval from congress, etc) he has the right to decline the invitation. That is what being an american is about... I'm surprised a Canadian has to go on here and educate you about it.

As a Canucks fan I used to hate Tim Thomas but he has just gained my complete, unwavering respect. Kudos to him.

Well said.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

No one is arguing about his right not to go, other have done it in the past and more will in the future, but actions do speak louder than words, and quite frankly, Thomas's inaction is more cowardly than bravery.

(and for the record, I'm NOT apologising for my prior quotes)

I saw, I came, I left.

No one is arguing about his right not to go, other have done it in the past and more will in the future, but actions do speak louder than words, and quite frankly, Thomas's inaction is more cowardly than bravery.

(and for the record, I'm NOT apologising for my prior quotes)

Because if someone doesn't align with your political views he must be a closeted racist, right?

Sorry, I know you said it was all just a joke, but really, your joke's still pretty dickish. Plus by making a point of not apologizing (when you simply could have let it go) elevates your previous remark above simply being a joke.

Your comment implies that someone who simply has different political leanings then yourself must be pre-disposed to racist thinking, otherwise the joke wouldn't have been "too good to pass up" right? Sorry. I don't agree with Thomas' political positions, but he has the right to express them with someone (you) implying he's a racist without him having provided a legitimate reason for you to do so. And no "I don't like his political views" is not a legitimate reason to call him a racist.

I don't see where this ever became about his politics. The issue is not his beliefs, the issue is that Tim Thomas decided Tim Thomas was bigger than the Boston Bruins 2011 NHL Championship Team. It's not about the president. It's about Thomas being a :censored: ing jerk.

twitter

You know, if the goalie willingly makes himself a combatant, he best not complain when the other team skates over and beats him with his own pads, as is their right. Fortunately that didn't happen.

If by "willingly makes himself a combatant" you meant "getting punched in the face and retaliating," then I whole-heartedly agree. The Blues were too busy gooning it up tonight instead of trying to win a hockey game.

He swung at 3 different people in white jerseys. I think Howard has a death wish.

Or he knows that there will be zero consequences for his actions since the NHL's Senior VP Player Safety is still on the Illitch payroll.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

"Wait. Those are two different things?"

--Davis Payne

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I don't see where this ever became about his politics. The issue is not his beliefs, the issue is that Tim Thomas decided Tim Thomas was bigger than the Boston Bruins 2011 NHL Championship Team. It's not about the president. It's about Thomas being a :censored: ing jerk.

As far as not going, yeah, that was also a dickish move. One of the founding notions of a representative democracy is that, regardless of who's in power you respect the office. You don't get to call the government illegitimate because the guy you didn't vote for happens to be President. Even if you hate his guts you still respect the office, and you're supposed to acknowledge the sitting President as the legitimate head of state until the next election. Thomas spat in the face of that tradition.

Criticizing him for that, for undermining one of the basic tenants of republican democracy, is all well and good. Heck, criticizing him for putting himself above his team when he plays a team-oriented sport is all well and good (though in the sake of fairness being a goalie does kind of set you apart from the rest of the team).

It's when you say "oh he believes X. Therefore he must be predisposed to racist, bigoted behaviour because I believe in Y and I hate X!" that lines are crossed.

As far as not going, yeah, that was also a dickish move. One of the founding notions of a representative democracy is that, regardless of who's in power you respect the office. You don't get to call the government illegitimate because the guy you didn't vote for happens to be President. Even if you hate his guts you still respect the office, and you're supposed to acknowledge the sitting President as the legitimate head of state until the next election. Thomas spat in the face of that tradition.

Criticizing him for that, for undermining one of the basic tenants of republican democracy, is all well and good. Heck, criticizing him for putting himself above his team when he plays a team-oriented sport is all well and good (though in the sake of fairness being a goalie does kind of set you apart from the rest of the team).

It's when you say "oh he believes X. Therefore he must be predisposed to racist, bigoted behaviour because I believe in Y and I hate X!" that lines are crossed.

Which I never did, and got called ignorant for it. Which, in and of itself, was ignorant.

twitter

Which I never did, and got called ignorant for it. Which, in and of itself, was ignorant.

Well I never called you ignorant :P

Well I never called you ignorant :P

haha, yeah I wasn't blaming you, obviously.

twitter

Archived