2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drinking hot chocolate, watching Luongo suck. I feel right.

Engblom was talking about how the new transparent padding will allow goals to be better reviewed because they can now see the "white webbing." This immediately made me sing "it's a, nice day for a, white webbing...", which is lame, but not as lame as the fact that it took the league this long to figure out that they should do this.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Just because the opportunity will likely never present itself again:

Matt Cooke is the Rocket Richard leader.

That's it, shut the damn league down, it's all gone too far.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

What an embarrassment. I feel terrible for Teemu and Saku having their big home game ruined by that pathetic performance. Especially Teemu, who practically owns the arena, team, and has a huge banner of his face right outside there, and on top of that a team from Anaheim that would probably otherwise be ignored has developed a strong fanbase in Finland because of him, and that's all they have to show for it. Complete joke.

What an embarrassment. I feel terrible for Teemu and Saku having their big home game ruined by that pathetic performance. Especially Teemu, who practically owns the arena, team, and has a huge banner of his face right outside there, and on top of that a team from Anaheim that would probably otherwise be ignored has developed a strong fanbase in Finland because of him, and that's all they have to show for it. Complete joke.

Calm down. It's one friggin' game. The embarrassment isn't the Ducks' performance, though I didn't watch it, but the fact that the NHL keeps sending teams to Europe and the games have the feel of a college club hockey game. There's absolutely no emotion from the fans at all, because they have on vested interest in the teams. To them it's an interesting exhibition game and that's it. Watching the Kings-Rangers, it was about as dead as Dodger Stadium was this year, absolutely no emotion whatsoever. And what really pisses me off, is that both games the Kings play in Europe are home games, so Kings fans get screwed out of two home games and the building would've been rocking after each goal. In Stockholm they sat on their hands. Pathetic NHL, completely pathetic!

Wet sloppy puck, disorganized play, numerous lost opportunities, great opposing goaltender. Blackhawks lose.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Wet sloppy puck

Dammit, that was Kaner's offseason regimen last year!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Watched the Jackets/Preds game on Centre Ice. Love that Nash/Carter/Prospal line.

Yeah that line will be fun to watch this year. They still need to learn to play together though. There was a lot of getting in each other's way tonight. Rick Nash basically needs to relearn how to play with linemates. Rick, you don't have to do it all yourself anymore.

The Blue Jackets defense on the other hand is going to be a problem. They're either too big and slow (Methot, Tyutin), too small (Kris Russell), too new (Savard), too injury prone (Martinek) or too suspended (Wisniewski). Grant Clitsome was alright, but he's basically the same player as James Wisniewski and you don't need two of those guys on your team.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived