2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

As tempting as it is to act like an @ss about the Blackhawks recent misfortunes I actually feel kind of bad for them. I guess Corey Crawford isn't quite ready for the starting position

Thanks for resisting, lol, I know it must be very, very tempting. I'd like to think we could all try to be above the easy jabs, although it's rough to deny the urge.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, to be fair Montreal has one more point, with two more games played! ^_^

But it's possible, but it'll be hard. For the Lightning, the only team they don't play in the division for the rest of the year is Florida. So with WSH and WPG ahead of them they have some head to head match ups to gain ground. Hopefully the bolts can get points in 9 of 10 games for the rest of the year, and just do it themselves.

Also, here is a nice site for playoff chances, even though it hasn't been updated since thursday.

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern.html

I'm not insulting your team, I was just unaware of how bad they're really doing.

Oh, don't worry, no personal insult was taken. Feel free to insult the Blackhawks, though; they're certainly earning it.

You can put me on that bandwagon as well. I watched a little bit of their game tonight and I couldn't believe it. Then I looked at their record over the past two months and I was in even more disbelief. The only thing that this team currently has in common with the one that started out the season is the uniforms. You guys have every right to whine & moan, because they look turrible right now. It's only now that their slide down the standings is reflecting their bad play as of late.

I was at the Yotes/Hawks game (Jeremy Roenick night. Louder cheers for Hawks references got me a nice laugh), and I'm gonna jump in on this too. I was one that called you Hawks fans out for the moaning a week or so ago, but seeing it in person, yeesh. What was that? Reminded me of the Ducks from earlier on in the season. Not only are they just gripping the sticks, making too many passes, and the like, things just aren't breaking for them either. I can definitely understand that frustration now.

\

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I'm a bit curious about this, but what's with the universal disdain for shootouts?

Because it's stupid gimmick that has nothing to do with the sport. It'd be like if a baseball game went to home run derby if the game was still tied after 10 innings.

Like a tie would be that much better.

Sure, that would be decided by teams than individuals- but it's unsatisfying, leaves you with an empty feeling.

The Leafs had 3 big opportunities to pretty much shut other teams out of the playoff race in recent days, but they've failed. Had they won against Montreal and Winnipeg, they'd be in a really comfortable position. Instead, they've let the Jets creep up closer and have allowed Washington to pass them (assuming they get at least 2 points in their 2 games in hand). What's worse, they were one point back of Ottawa with 3 games in hand and had the ability to take a 5 point lead, but now they're 2 points back with 2 games in hand. If this is the one time they don't make a late-season push, I'll be furious. People will keep ripping Burke for not making the playoffs, and those will be the same people who complained when he didn't plan a 7-year rebuild.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Like a tie would be that much better.

You answered this yourself:

Sure, that would be decided by teams than individuals

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Ottawa's the team that really needs to get their heads out of their asses.

They've played more games than any other team in the league, and their slide of late has left them in a pretty awful position to hold onto a playoff spot.

They are still overachieving

Well, to be fair Montreal has one more point, with two more games played! ^_^

But it's possible, but it'll be hard. For the Lightning, the only team they don't play in the division for the rest of the year is Florida. So with WSH and WPG ahead of them they have some head to head match ups to gain ground. Hopefully the bolts can get points in 9 of 10 games for the rest of the year, and just do it themselves.

Also, here is a nice site for playoff chances, even though it hasn't been updated since thursday.

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern.html

That's a cool site. Hockey Reference has a playoff forecaster too; they simulate the rest of the season 1,000 times.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/friv/playoff_prob.cgi

The Caps are so frustrating to watch right now. Maddeningly inconsistent. If we make the playoffs itll be a miracle.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Don't worry. It's not like the other teams in the division are any good...

Florida is terribly overrated but we're not much better. I'm more worried about Tampa, a team that has underachieved all year and is starting to heat up.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Archived