2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

That's cool that Sam Gagner has three points on the night. So it wasn't just us.

It's not cool that the Coyotes have five power plays in this game already. I'm sure most of them were gifts, too, because as we learned with the magical parking lot, the only way the Coyotes can succeed is with gifts.

EDIT: cool, and a five/game against Clifford. Gotta give the Coyotes all the help they can get so they can make the playoffs and maybe not lose $41 million a year.

Yea because a shoulder/elbow into the jaw of a player that doesnt even see you coming is something Bettman just materialized so his beloved Coyotes can win.

1269154998511.jpg

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suppose we could always hope Nashville plays Team Bettman, thus thwarting the playoffs = money approach.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm basically at the point where I want the Phoenix Coyotes to be eradicated once and for all more than I want the Blackhawks to win a championship this year. Every time they have a magical league-owned year with magical mystery owners imminently buying the team in two weeks, I just feel like the whole thing is fake.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm basically at the point where I want the Phoenix Coyotes to be eradicated once and for all more than I want the Blackhawks to win a championship this year. Every time they have a magical league-owned year with magical mystery owners, I just feel like the whole thing is fake.

But what will we talk about in every thread (other than Cleveland)?

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

The Jazz/Hornets/Bobcats Carousel, whether the San Jose Sharks are a continuation of the Oakland Seals, if the Phillies should have "Philadelphia" on their greys,

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm basically at the point where I want the Phoenix Coyotes to be eradicated once and for all more than I want the Blackhawks to win a championship this year. Every time they have a magical league-owned year with magical mystery owners, I just feel like the whole thing is fake.

We still have Jeremy Lin/Tim Tebow.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

LARams.gif

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Looks like the Coyotes will be made to keep winning for the rest of the year, huh.

I hope you are right. Maybe we will even be gifted a ticket out of the first round too.

Better hope you guys dodge the Wings this year.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

The Jets lost 5-4 in OT and were as lucky as hell to just get a point out there game today against the Flyers. Pavlec made 50 saves and maybe the save of the year.

The whole 3rd and overtime was controled by the Flyers and the Jets looked like they didn't care at the end of it.

http://video.jets.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=96&id=159360

Yeah, I'd think so.

I don't know.. Voracek whiffed on the backhand and barely got the shot off. Pavelec had all the time in the world to make that save. It was still a nice save, but not anything out of this world. A little overrated.

The Sharks are apparently becoming a prime contender again for Rick Nash. Apparently the Sharks were one of the first teams Columbus' GM contacted and asked for Logan Couture - Haha.

So who would the Sharks need to give up to get Nash - Couture is not an option. I would hope Marleau isn't an option, but no one is really safe. I'm thinking Torrey Mitchell and maybe a 1st Round draft pick - do the Sharks even have a first round 2013 draft pick? what did they give TB for Dominic Moore?

I know some fans are calling for trading Niemi (especially after the tonight's game) and go with Greiss the rest of the way and Nitty or whoever else - I'm not opposed to this idea, but not sure it is really beneficial.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=6736

It would be pretty :censored: ing weird to see Niemi in a Jackets sweater. From Stanley Cup champion goaltender to...that.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

It would be pretty :censored: ing weird to see Niemi in a Jackets sweater. From Stanley Cup champion goaltender to...that.

True, it even seems weird seeing Niemi in a Sharks uniform, at least for me. Though from what I've seen on some other boards some Sharks fans would love to have Nabby back - not gonna happen, but my favorite Goalie on the Sharks is Greiss. I have nothing against Niemi, but I've followed Greiss and was quite upset when they waived him last season and glad he's back. Is Nitty still on the roster? I know nobody claimed him on waivers and he was in Worcester, but haven't heard much about him lately. While I think Greiss could manage a playoff run with the Sharks, I don't know how proven the backup (if not Nitty) would be. Stalock/Sateri/Sexsmith - I know the Sharks organization is deep with Goalies - just don't know who would be the best as a backup for a playoff run if Niemi out and Greiss starting.

TomTom the GPS (German Puck Stopper) Greiss with the save - I like the sound of that! :D

The Sharks are apparently becoming a prime contender again for Rick Nash. Apparently the Sharks were one of the first teams Columbus' GM contacted and asked for Logan Couture - Haha.

So who would the Sharks need to give up to get Nash - Couture is not an option. I would hope Marleau isn't an option, but no one is really safe. I'm thinking Torrey Mitchell and maybe a 1st Round draft pick - do the Sharks even have a first round 2013 draft pick? what did they give TB for Dominic Moore?

I know some fans are calling for trading Niemi (especially after the tonight's game) and go with Greiss the rest of the way and Nitty or whoever else - I'm not opposed to this idea, but not sure it is really beneficial.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=6736

Yeah, good luck with that. Sorry, a fourth round pick who's averaging ~20 points in his first 4 years in the league and a late first isn't going to cut it to get Nash. At all.

Be prepared to give up Couture if you want Nash. The Jackets don't have to trade him.

6fQjS3M.png

The Jets lost 5-4 in OT and were as lucky as hell to just get a point out there game today against the Flyers. Pavlec made 50 saves and maybe the save of the year.

The whole 3rd and overtime was controled by the Flyers and the Jets looked like they didn't care at the end of it.

http://video.jets.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=96&id=159360

Yeah, I'd think so.

It's good to see Sleepy having a good season. I always thought he was a bit underrated...especially when compared to Kari Lehtonen.

Archived