2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm basically at the point where I want the Phoenix Coyotes to be eradicated once and for all more than I want the Blackhawks to win a championship this year. Every time they have a magical league-owned year with magical mystery owners imminently buying the team in two weeks, I just feel like the whole thing is fake.

And, mostly due to your constant repeating of unfunny jokes surrounding this situation, I'm hoping for the Coyotes to make a run, so long as they get beat by the Blues in the conference finals.

I'd say it also causes me to wish harm upon the Blackhawks, but that's SOP for me.

Oh, and Winnipeg choked away a win to lose? It was a good night.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Boy the Coyotes have been fun to watch the last couple of months.

Boy the Yotes' whole relocation saga has been fun to watch the last couple of years... :grin:

Seriously, when the hell will this end? It's like everytime they're settled in Phoenix, here comes another statement/paperwork/news report on how the team's bleeding dry and how they're going to Winnipeg (can't now), Quebec City or (one report I heard of 3-4 years ago) Hartford. Just cut off the guilllotine line now and be done with it.

Vermette to Phoenix for a couple picks.

So the league owned team took on more salary? :P

Yup.

Ottawa's 2nd in 2012 and 5th that will become a 4th in 2013 if Phoenix wins a round in the playoffs, and Curtis McElhinney. He's worse than Mason.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Toews' dumb ass ruled out tomorrow with (what's reported to be a) concussion.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The Leafs lost last night on a shot that was going wide. Yep, Gus went out to the side of the net to stop it, it hit off of the inside of his pad, and trickled in.

Gustavsson4Vezina

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Well, the '06 Hurricanes are one of the worst teams to win a Cup, so it would follow.

Nice conclusion to months of speculation as to what Gleason and Ruutu would fetch for a last-place team that badly needs rebuilding. You're Doing It Wrong, Carolina Hurricanes.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Hey, forgot how much Mockba has it in for me when I took that week off. There we go.

Don't worry; it's not just you. I hate everyone.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Well, the '06 Hurricanes are one of the worst teams to win a Cup, so it would follow.

The 2006 Hurricanes had 52 wins and 112 points (1 point out of 1st in the East and 3rd total in the league) they were 3rd in goals for and in the middle of the pack on defense.

In the regular season they had a 100 point player in Eric Staal and the Selke winner in Rod Brind'Amour

In the playoffs they knocked off 3 pretty good teams on their way to playing the Oilers in the SCF.

I wouldn't call the Hurricanes a bad team to win the Cup, just a one hit wonder.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Scott Howson gave up Antoine Vermette for Lent.

I think this just further proves my theory that Scott Howson doesn't know about the sport of hockey. He sort of did 3 years ago, but he's been flying by the seat of his pants ever since, trying to ride the wave of that 4 game playoff exit.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived