2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy crap.

The Bruins are leading. They look like they got their chemistry back.

Awesome.

I wouldn't jump the gun yet, there's still a lot of work to be done here. Without Horton and Pevs for awhile this team is going to scrape along offensively, a la 2008-2010. I still believe if they're healthy and with an added offensive piece this is the best team in the east. Could they go into Detroit and win 4 games in a final? MAYBE. It's a terrifying thought.

I think Rask is such an overrated goalie and would love to see him moved for an offensive weapon. I just can't see a scenario where Rask and Thomas are on this team next year. It fiscally makes no sense, sure there's like $16 million to play with, but tying we'll say $10 million up on two goaltenders isn't a good idea. Sure Thomas is old, but ride that wave. That said, I don't want Nash. Don't get me wrong, he's a great player, but I don't like the thought of bringing in a guy who was the face of a franchise for so long this late in the season. The Bruins have great chemistry, because they really aren't THAT great, so it's going to be hard to find a guy to plug in there. Chiarelli has had a good pulse of this team for years, so I trust his move making. However, if I wake up the day after the deadline and we add another top 4 defenseman I'm going to bash my head against the wall. For whatever reason he's almost incapable of not picking one up at the deadline.

The Bruins WILL NOT trade Tuukka, not with Tim Tom in the twilight of his career.

I also think that adding another defensive piece to make up for the craptasticness that is Joe Corvo is what they currently want to do, unless Pev and Horty are out for a really, really long time.

Rask is a RFA who will likely get a contract similar to Tim's (money wise), if they don't trade either of them I wouldn't mind them locking up Rask long term and not resigning Thomas in 2013. HOWEVER, if you can win now you do it. I don't personally think Rask is worth 5 mil; his play is shoddy, his technique comes and goes, and he just seems lost on some nights. I'd rather him dealt then keep him around. I think Tim's got 2 more years in him, he's driven and LOVES proving people wrong. He'll play until that hip fails him again.

So with that said I'm not concerned with losing Rask if it means adding offense. We could find another Rask in the draft because with the Bruins is more the system than the goalie. Unfortunately if you trade either one of them, you'd have to pick up a veteran net minder in the discount bin, I'm not sold on anybody in Providence just yet.

I'm surprised more people don't hit those support beams on Lake/Wabash/Van Buren, honestly.

I hope they have a very somber/vigorous anthem tonight in memory of his Mercedes CL63.

Toews in a car accident this morning. He's okay.

Did he get hit by a Taxi? Oh wait, wrong guy

Did you make up a good joke? Oh wait, it wasn't.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Kings and Jackets working on a deal that would send Jeff Carter to the Kings. Jack Johnson seems to be the name getting tossed around going the other way.

Well now Jeff Carter can go back to his regular lifestyle in Cali.

t5ty54wyetw_zpsubqd9h5t.jpg

St. Paul Pioneers(GHA) Minnesota Skeeters(CL) Minnesota Lake Monsters(UFL)

After his car accident, I asked Toews what he thought the final score was going to be of tonight's CHI/DAL game. He said, "coleslaw."

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Kings and Jackets working on a deal that would send Jeff Carter to the Kings. Jack Johnson seems to be the name getting tossed around going the other way.

Jack Johnson and a 1st is what the latest rumor is...wouldn't that give Howson like 3 1st's?

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

Well, that definitely helps the offense quite a bit, and considering that the Kings are so defense-oriented, I don't think there'll be too much of a dropoff considering that Voynov has stayed up most of the year.

I'll definitely say though that I would have preferred that they traded Bernier instead. Having two skilled goalies with all the other question marks is a little insane.

VmWIn6B.png

Yeah, I say the Jackets win this trade.

I don't know if Carter will create that much offensive uptick for the Kings, and the Jackets now have a legit #1 defenseman instead of Wisniewski filling that role. And add in another 1st rounder for them.

Columbus wins this, yeah. Now to see what they're going to do with it. I'd think they'll keep Nash around now, too.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived