2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

Jets tie it up.

MTS Centre is tremendous!

It's called being Canadian and enjoying having hockey again after 15 years.

I would've expected nothing less than a rabid fanbase that would be besides themselves with a decent hockey team, which Winnipeg slightly qualifies as. I certainly prefer them in the playoffs over Florida and, to a lesser degree, Washington (not a knock on the fanbase, but rather because I don't like the team itself).

The real question will be that, considering NY looks like they will win the Atlantic division, and Pittsburgh, Philly, and New Jersey all form a nice clusterf/ck of teams in the 4-6 slots - will any of them purposely try for the #6 seed, and an easier matchup with the SE winner, or settle for a death-match 4/5 matchup?

spacer.png

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jackets put Grant Clitsome on waivers. Gotta think he gets claimed.

You'd think that, but danged if he isn't difficult to find sometimes.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I think that each team will try to finish as high as possible.

You fixed your typo. I was ready to say "it'll be a steep challenge as things come to a boil."

Back before the NBA fixed the weak sister loophole, some team tanked into a 6 seed because the 3 team was worse than the 4. I want to say it was the '06 Clippers. This might be a year that effects the same change in the NHL. I'd rather face Winnipeg or the Blackhawks Retirement Home than any team beneath them.

Jackets put Grant Clitsome on waivers. Gotta think he gets claimed.

You'd think that, but danged if he isn't difficult to find sometimes.

Team didn't like him. In an ironic twist, it was he who rubbed them the wrong way.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Evgeni make laugh noise at your defense.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Well, did that Mike Smith play for a team whose obstruction fouls aren't penalized? We see now that it was never a matter of Bryzgalov being a world-class goalie so much as his team was engineered from above to contend.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Well, did that Mike Smith play for a team whose obstruction fouls aren't penalized? We see now that it was never a matter of Bryzgalov being a world-class goalie so much as his team was engineered from above to contend.

Really?

If this all meant the Flyers making a huge mistake and paying out their asses for another inadequate goaltender, then I'd say it was all worth it.

spacer.png

That 4th home game isn't as much advantage as playing the Southeast Chumpion (spelling intentional) in a 7 game series. Especially if you're New Jersey.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

That 4th home game isn't as much advantage as playing the Southeast Chumpion (spelling intentional) in a 7 game series. Especially if you're New Jersey.

I'm not denying there is a clear advantage in playing the 3rd seed, but I am denying a professional hockey team would tank in order to play a weaker opponent in the playoffs, which as we all know does not guarantee anything, especially in the NHL.

oBIgzrL.png

I'm not denying there is a clear advantage in playing the 3rd seed, but I am denying a professional hockey team would tank in order to play a weaker opponent in the playoffs, which as we all know does not guarantee anything, especially in the NHL.

And yet teams tank to get a better shot in the lottery despite the fact that they likely won't win it. Why should the playoffs be any different?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Can you please stop with the Coyotes conspiracy theories?

Well if you lump that in with all the Coyote jokes that would eliminate about 25% of this thread.

Another great win for the Yotes and for the moment they have leapfrogged San Jose for the #3 spot in the West. What a month February has been for the boys from PHX.

PopHeading-1.gif

Archived