2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure what the Pens coach was thinking when he pulled Fluery to put in Johnson, who had no warmups, at the start of a Flyers PP. It's no surprise that the Flyers scored on the ensuing PP to tie the game at two.

Mark Giordano gets called for high sticking, after Andrew Cogliano checks him from behind and Gio's skate nails him in the face. Karma for Boudreau whining at the officials, his Quacks are down 3-1. Which I guess is okay from a Ducks fan's perspective.

Still if the Flames played like they have the last three games, for the last two weeks we'd be playing next week.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

No, it's Wings and Preds. Hawks get either the Sharks, the Kings, or most likely the Nordiques To Come.

Go figure, the Hawks get around to winning it once it doesn't matter anymore. Hard to feel good about a team that's crapped away this many games late.

Ah crap.

I would be happy. Nashville is much tougher than Phoenix or San Jose... hopefully for you guys, you don't draw Quick and the Kings.

After the way the second period ended the Ducks are playing like they have a fire lit up their rear ends. No pun intended.

With this loss, and either a Toronto or New York Islander win, we'll be in the Yakupov lottery! :)

It's pretty cool that Akim Aliu finally made it to the show. A lot of his troubles were his own doing, but it was standing up to being sexually abused by his teammates that really started all the problems for him. So hey, props, and I hope he can be a contributor to the Flames or another team.

Capitals are wearing the throwbacks. Not sure if I want them to win. I have a bad feeling they'll wear them in the playoffs. Same with the Blues and their dreary thirds.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Re: Ducks - Eh, I don't like finishing a crappy season with a crappy loss, but at least Bobby Ryan got his 30 goals for the 4th time in his 4 full pro seasons and if things fall into place, they're in position for the overall lottery. So, that's nice I guess. Full offseason/training camp with Boudreau, Selanne's return, more experienced/talented young guys coming up, maybe sign a defenseman, and next season for the Ducks will be much better.

-------

Almost have to think it's some bad luck for the Rangers to have the Playoffs logo on the ice before the playoffs, especially now with this 2-0 deficit early. Not that it really matters for the Rangers. Predsident's trophy would be nice for them I guess, but so would facing the Senators instead of the Caps. (Heck maybe that's what they're doing. Tortorella doesn't seem as steamed as he normally would, and Lundqvist didn't even go down on the second goal... eh, who knows)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Never knew Akim Aliu's story about the hazing thing until I just looked it up. Of anything, it just shows how much of a weirdo Steve Downie was for wanting to have a bunch of dudes naked with each other. I understand the whole mindset of "well, I did it so now you have to" but honestly, there's other and more productive ways of hazing than having the rookies stand together in the bathroom together.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Barring a miracle comeback by the Hurricanes thats not happening and we get a fraud as the division champion. OITGDSED?

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

The Dogs are 40 minutes away from the division title, up 2-0.

As for the Cats, it's now 3-0 they're up. Still, I have a feeling they will scoop up a loser point :P

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Archived