2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

Something tells me that the NHL is probably just going to ignore Avery because... Well, Avery isn't exactly one of their favorite people to deal with. That's just me though.

If so many people weren't saying anything about it, that would probably be the case.

I was joking when I said then Sean Avery has no right to complain about anything with regards to what somebody says about him, but that seems to be the NHL's offical stance. Nobody likes this guy.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- hit after whistle

- hit to the head

- Wisniewski is a noted douchebag

- it's well-known that people are demanding a crackdown on dirty hits to the head

I'm not sure what you thought was going to happen.

5 games, in line with the Shelley suspension.

PvO6ZWJ.png

- hit after whistle

- hit to the head

- Wisniewski is a noted douchebag

- it's well-known that people are demanding a crackdown on dirty hits to the head

I'm not sure what you thought was going to happen.

5 games, in line with the Shelley suspension.

Shelley got 10 games. 5 preseason, 5 during the season.

Wisniewski got 10 games. 2 preseason, 8 during the season.

It can't be more in line with the Shelley suspension than that. Shahanan clearly demonstrates that it doesn't matter when you act like an idiot. You will get suspended regardless when it happens. I'm really hoping he'll still be like that when playoffs come.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

I can only imagine what Shanahan would've done if Cooke hit Savard while he was in charge.

And on a side note, the Devils will retire Niedermeyer's number December 16th.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Shanahan lost all respect from me when he didn't suspend Wayne Simmonds for the season for what he did last night and a week ago. You do not use homophobic slurs, and in this world, you do not read racism into everything. There's no room in the NHL for that kind of behavior.

LvZYtbZ.png

Talk the pot calling the kettle black.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/story/_/id/7024659/new-york-rangers-sean-avery-says-wayne-simmonds-called-homophobic-slur

Anyone else I might say there's something to it, but Sean Avery is a terrible human being and should be reminded of that every single day for the rest of his life. That's about all I have to say about Sean Avery.

And yes I am all for using a double standard when it comes to Sean Avery and completely taking away his right to complain about anything a player or person says about him, simply because he's Sean Avery.

This seems fair.

I agree, besides I bet Simmonds has got called much worse things last week he had a banana thrown at him in Detroit.

First of all, both you and pmoehrin are ridiculous. Tank, because Simmonds has been called worse, it gives him license to hurl slurs at others? Really?!? Second, the banana incident wasn't in Detroit, it was in London, Ontario.

I feel like IceCap was being sarcastic. Tank however.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Simmonds was the subject of sympathy for that banana incident in London, you'd think he'd be better than to stoop to a gay slur to insult somebody. Bigotry is bigotry.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Avery wasn't exactly innocent last night either...

That douche-bag never is.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/story/_/id/7024659/new-york-rangers-sean-avery-says-wayne-simmonds-called-homophobic-slur

Anyone else I might say there's something to it, but Sean Avery is a terrible human being and should be reminded of that every single day for the rest of his life. That's about all I have to say about Sean Avery.

And yes I am all for using a double standard when it comes to Sean Avery and completely taking away his right to complain about anything a player or person says about him, simply because he's Sean Avery.

This seems fair.

I agree, besides I bet Simmonds has got called much worse things last week he had a banana thrown at him in Detroit.

First of all, both you and pmoehrin are ridiculous. Tank, because Simmonds has been called worse, it gives him license to hurl slurs at others? Really?!? Second, the banana incident wasn't in Detroit, it was in London, Ontario.

Actually I think because of what he has been through I doubt he called Avery anything, Avery is not the most believable person on the ice.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

This seems fair.

Actually I think because of what he has been through I doubt he called Avery anything, Avery is not the most believable person on the ice.

Well Simmonds went from saying he couldn't remember if he said anything homophobic to flat out denying that he said it. So considering that, he doesn't seem like the most reliable one here either. And according to the article, there's video that shows him doing it -- I'm not sure why, if there is video, there isn't any evidence to punish him, though.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived