2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, nice knowing you, Ben Smith. Too bad the league can't drop the hammer on useless AHL depth.

Just wanted to get through the preseason without a 20+ game injury this year (we lost Campbell for about 20 from some game against, wait for it, the Blues). Ah well.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

THIS IS DETROIT'S SONG YOU STUPID GITS.

Think it got put into general domain after it became the offical theme song of happy hour.

Yes it is, but when Detroit makes a point of holding general sing-a-longs to this regularly during games, an association between the two forms.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Gay slurs are wrong, but I'm not sure how reasonable it is not to budget for hyper-aggressive males engaged in competition suggesting that their opponents are not hyper-aggressive males.

Anyone who suggests that a gay man can't be "hyper-aggressive" doesn't really know any gay men.

Which is exactly why homophobic slurs are as wrong as racist slurs.

I'll bring up what my high school english teacher used to say whenever he caught someone saying that word...

:censored: (unit), archaic unit of measurement for bundles of sticks

"Now why would you want to call someone a bundle of sticks?"

Gay slurs are wrong, but I'm not sure how reasonable it is not to budget for hyper-aggressive males engaged in competition suggesting that their opponents are not hyper-aggressive males.

Anyone who suggests that a gay man can't be "hyper-aggressive" doesn't really know any gay men.

Which is exactly why homophobic slurs are as wrong as racist slurs.

I'll bring up what my high school english teacher used to say whenever he caught someone saying that word...

:censored: (unit), archaic unit of measurement for bundles of sticks

"Now why would you want to call someone a bundle of sticks?"

If that happened in my class I would tell the student that he/she has detention tomorrow after school, same for the kids that casually toss out the N word regardless of race.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Yeah, Doughty really bent Lombardi over a barrel and showed him all fifty states on this one.

No he didn't. Doughty's camp (agent) wanted $7 over 5 years, the Kings were offering $6.8 over 6 or 7 years. So instead of Drew becoming an unrestricted free agent at 26, the Kings get him for 3 more years and by the time the contract is up, it will be a steal of a deal. It also affords the Kings flexibility to go out and sign or trade for future talent if needed. If you want to talk about a player who bent someone over a barrel, look at just about anyone who signs in Toronto, with the Rangers, or look at Kovalchuck.

Now Cooke will actually get close to what he deserves for his hits, as opposed to being suspended a few games, or not at all. Maybe he'll actually learn from his mistakes.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

"Nashville Predators" is an anagram for "Evil Trap Loss? Ha, Nerd!" Now I won't just be bored and annoyed by their crappy games, I'll be subliminally mocked.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived