Fashion Caps that are better or equally as good as the primaries

GriffinM6

The print logo is to wonky. Looks like someone left it out in the sun for to long. I'd drop the print logo and go with the cap logo on everything except the pinstripe jersey. Keep using the thicker jersey version for that.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The print logo is to wonky. Looks like someone left it out in the sun for to long. I'd drop the print logo and go with the cap logo on everything except the pinstripe jersey. Keep using the thicker jersey version for that.

All of this.

spacer.png

Geezus, admit defeat already. It's not even the same M the Brewers wore. There are noticeable differences.

"Defeat?" I wish someone would've told me this was a fight. Either way, New Era is notorious for getting little details wrong. Gothamite has pointed this out numerous times about their Brooklyn Dodgers hats alone.

Regardless, it would make a very nice Brewers hate if they wanted to go with a faux-retro look.

I don't know why, but I always liked the idea of the Brewers using a block M. Maybe it's because the Braves made it look so good.

The Germanic M was nice too, of course.

All of this.

I think the reason I'm ok with the cap and jersey NYs being different is because they're kind of not all that different. The print logo is definitely a different design, but the jersey logo looks like someone just took the cap logo and made it thicker to stand out on the pinstriped background. Which is just fine.

The Tigers though? This may be an Unpopular Opinion, but I would prefer it if they picked one Old English D and ran with it. My choice would be the jersey version.

Geezus, admit defeat already. It's not even the same M the Brewers wore. There are noticeable differences.

"Defeat?" I wish someone would've told me this was a fight. Either way, New Era is notorious for getting little details wrong. Gothamite has pointed this out numerous times about their Brooklyn Dodgers hats alone.

Well you keep arguing like you're right when you're not. We get it - you thought it was a Brewers hat. It's not that big of a deal. Your friends aren't going to think you're a badass by continuing to argue that it might be/could be a Brewers hat.

If it was a Brewers hat that had wrong details, that's one thing. But since it's been pointed out that it's a Michigan hat, can't really fault New Era here. You can argue all you want that it's a Brewers hat...but it's not. It wasn't mislabeled. The details aren't wrong. There's no MLB logo on the back. It's certainly not the first time on this board someone had an idea about something but was proven wrong.

Should New Era make a cap like that for the Brewers? Sure. It'd be a good looking fashion hat.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

BUMP

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

BUMP

Dude, WHY?

to see what more people think. thats why. i like to be on top of things, you know. latest info, stuff like that.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

The Red Sox traditionally wear green caps and jerseys every St. Patrick's Day in Spring training. The cap has a red "B with white trim and the jersey usually has white lettering and numbers with red trim (although last year it was navy trim) along with their regular red undershirts, pants and red socks. The only time I recall they've worn this set during the regular season was when the Celtics won the NBA Championship. Personally seeing as this is the 100th anniversary of Fenway Park, I wouldn't mind if they would wear them for Sunday home games as kind of a "Green Monster" tribute.

5623288222_63a54b3f69_o.jpg

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

They wore them on Earth Day in 2007 too, I believe. Against the Yankees if I'm not mistaken.

And they wore their entire green set after Red Auerbach died and, like bleujayone said, after the Celtics won their 17th title.

That being said, no, the Red Sox should not add more green to their uniforms.

spacer.png

Is there really a difference between the Michigan M and the mid-70s Brewer M?

umich-navy-full.jpg

hank-aaron-si1.jpg

(Side note: this may be the most beautiful picture of this Brewer uniform that I have ever seen.)

hank-aaron-brewers.jpg

Maybe the "V" portion of the Michigan M is a bit deeper? Anyway, I agree with Illwauk that this Michigan-like M logo is much better than the Miller M that the Brewers use now.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

BUMP

Dude, WHY?

to see what more people think. thats why. i like to be on top of things, you know. latest info, stuff like that.

I'm thinking you should never use a computer ever again, but that's just me.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived