Super Bowl Halftime Show

rmackman

I thought it was a good show, but it seems this is the big news regarding Madonna, LMFAO, M.I.A., Cee Lo Green, etc. mega concert.

SUPERBOWL-MIA_510.jpg

MIAbird.png

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I still don't know who this is or why she's there with Madonna. And this will probably mean next year's halftime show will be whatever's left of the Mama's and the Papas.

Which is one of my fears. They'll feel they have to get an extra G-rated show next year. We'll end up with the cast of Glee doing showtunes.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I have no idea who any of those people are except for Madonna.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I pretty much said what I felt in the other thread, the collection of 'musicians' assembled during the halftime show could all be sucked into a tar pit and the world would not lament their absence.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I found out who Cee Lo Green was from watching The Voice after the SuperBowl lol... he has at least one good song, from what I youtubed... he probably could have picked a better title for it, but meh.

MIA I know from her song Paper Planes.

The LMFAO guys are retards and should be lined up and shot (using more than one bullet on the lot of them would justify use of the word 'travesty').

Madonna actually put on a decent show, all things considered, but could they be any more obvious with the lip synch?

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

The LMFAO guys are retards and should be lined up and shot (using more than one bullet on the lot of them would justify use of the word 'travesty').

Thank you.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

In the cesspool of suck that was that half time show, this at least had the potential to be interesting.

Oh wait, no-one saw it, and yet it'll still be used as an excuse for yet further blandifying, :censored:ing awesome...

I'm beginning to come round to the idea someone had in the season thread of just having Chamber Music for next year's show. Either that or go as intentionally non PC as possible and have someone like Rammstein or GWAR play.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Halftime wasn't even a little bit as bad as I was expecting it to be.

Anyone else think Madonna looks really good for 53? It's certainly not a hard 53 if you ask me.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

With all the complaining about the halftime shows in recent years, I just think it will be Brooks & Dunn next year. ^_^

That'd be great, except Brooks & Dunn broke up in 2010. :P

Stop complaining. The halftime show was NOT that bad. I've seen better and worse, and so have you. Let's all stop acting like this is the harbinger of the apocalypse, please?

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

With all the complaining about the halftime shows in recent years, I just think it will be Brooks & Dunn next year. ^_^

Stop complaining. The halftime show was NOT that bad. I've seen better and worse, and so have you. Let's all stop acting like this is the harbinger of the apocalypse, please?

Well said. I thought it started awkwardly, with the big Cleopatra parade thing, but it got totally redeemed when Madonna shuffled with LMFAO and I got to see Cee Lo Green in what looked like a wizard robe. Also, the set they used was awesome. As for AndrewPF's point, Madonna's obviously had some work done on her face. But she's still looking pretty great, impressively doing all those stunts at 53, and I'd hit it like late-90s Mark McGwire.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Well said. I thought it started awkwardly, with the big Cleopatra parade thing, but it got totally redeemed when Madonna shuffled with LMFAO and I got to see Cee Lo Green in what looked like a wizard robe. Also, the set they used was awesome. As for AndrewPF's point, Madonna's obviously had some work done on her face. But she's still looking pretty great, impressively doing all those stunts at 53, and I'd hit it like late-90s Mark McGwire.

I don't think late-90s Mark McGwire had much to hit with. :P

Yeah, I enjoyed it for what it was: a pop music performance. And while I think it's kind of sad Madonna needs to leach off of much younger stars to be relevant, at least she's selfaware enough to know 20 minutes of Lucky Star wasn't going to do it.

I thought the lip synching was distracting at first, but then I remembered how not great the Black Eyed Peas sounded singing for real last year, so it's fine. Also, "Like a Prayer" was kind of ballsy. I was hoping for "Hung Up"...

The stage was amazing though. Remember when the Canadians tried a similar deal during the 2010 opening ceremonies and it looked dumb? This was much better.

On the whole, it was a fine halftime show. The middle finger freak out, however, ensures get the Eagles or Genesis next year.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived