Super Bowl Halftime Show

rmackman

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With all the complaining about the halftime shows in recent years, I just think it will be Brooks & Dunn next year. ^_^

That'd be great, except Brooks & Dunn broke up in 2010. :P

Now you know how much I follow country music :lol:

I saw, I came, I left.

First off, Maddona was terrible. Something seemed off about the dancing, Madonna looked like she almost fell on a few occassions (like one time when trying to step onto one of the bleacher seats), and she very clearly lip-synched. Then you add in LMFAO, M.I.A. and Cee Lo Green, who all suck, and it makes it nearly unwatchable.

Why not go with Stevie Wonder? Nobody doesn't like Stevie Wonder. And he's a very safe choice.

And also.. it was just a middle finger. Are we really that :censored:ing sensitive?

IUe6Hvh.png

The middle finger freak out, however, ensures get the Eagles or Genesis next year.

"Up With People" hasn't done a halftime show since '86. They're time to shine is long overdue.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Not surprising at all. You KNEW a repeat of the Houston halftime show was coming when it was announced Madonna was going to be the main attraction.

In the end, sadly, it helps M.I.A.'s career becuase how many people had actually heard of her before last night? Exactly.

6uXNWAo.png

You just know the old Puritan fogies in charge of the NFL will make this an excuse to once again turn the halftime show into the Nursing Home Classics Tour.

It's a damn shame, too. Most modern popular acts suck, but I'll take Drake or Taylor Swift in an instant over watching some senile has-beens vaguely warble their way through songs they wrote 40 years ago.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I did not know who MIA was...now I do. That, as Cujo said, was the point. No such thing as bad publicity for her.

On one hand, the reaction to the "wardrobe malfunction" and this event are overblown. On the other hand, it drives me nuts when a performer cannot just pass up the opportunity to be "outrageous." It's lame.

So now how does the NFL react? I hope they react by having Snoop Dogg perform next year. Actually, what they should do is go totally reactionary and say "We're done with halftime shows. The most important game of the year should not have an overtime that differs in length from the rest of the games."

Really. Dump the half time show. The game draws viewers for three reasons: Football, parties, and commercials. I tend to doubt that dumping the half time show would cost that many viewers.

But y'all are probably right...they'll just make sure to have the safest acts they can find.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Why not go with Stevie Wonder? Nobody doesn't like Stevie Wonder. And he's a very safe choice.

Stevie's already done a Super Bowl halftime...1999 (SB XXXIII).

I just don't understand what the executives were thinking when they decided MIA would be a great addition to the show. "Let's get someone no one has ever heard of to accompany Madonna...hey what's MIA doing in February??? She's the best!"

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

In the end, sadly, it helps M.I.A.'s career becuase how many people had actually heard of her before last night? Exactly.

Most people know who MIA is by now, you gomer. "Paper Planes" only went platinum several times over like four years ago.

So I take it I'm the only one holding out for Hooray for Everything at the next "Big Game"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HhO_zZi-KA

THIS SONG MAKES ME SO HAPPY

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Most people know who MIA is by now, you gomer. "Paper Planes" only went platinum several times over like four years ago.

I knew who M.I.A. was going into last night's show, but only one other person of the dozen at the party I attended knew of her stuff as well. "Paper Planes" was big maybe four years ago? She's pretty much been off the mainstream radar since then -- Well, that was until last night.

6uXNWAo.png

It wasn't a terrible show...wasn't great either. Her music is better suited for a different venue. Call me crazy but I don't listen to "Vogue" to get excited/amped for football.

I listen to heavy metal so I don't plan on seeing any bands I listen to perform anytime soon, but I scratch my head thinking someone in a board meeting suggested Madonna and people gave a Miles Finch "YES!" psyched out of their minds.

Are the Foo Fighters and RHCP all trapped in an abandoned mine shaft somewhere preventing them from easily topping this?

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

First off, Maddona was terrible. Something seemed off about the dancing, Madonna looked like she almost fell on a few occassions (like one time when trying to step onto one of the bleacher seats), and she very clearly lip-synched. Then you add in LMFAO, M.I.A. and Cee Lo Green, who all suck, and it makes it nearly unwatchable.

And also.. it was just a middle finger. Are we really that :censored:ing sensitive?

Agree with all of this.

Also, was it just me or was Madonna's lip syncing really, really bad last night? It might've just been the TV I was watching on.

spacer.png

Archived