Yakball Concepts

raysox

Toronto-2.png

HO-LY snap that's cool. Very excited for Canada!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WILDCARD.

YC Hamilton

So I did this with a few teams to go in the United States league. I was playing around with a hexigon design. I just made some symmetrical patterns in black and yellow, because that's basically Hamilton's colors. I used one of my favorite fonts and tried to mold an identity.

Hamilton.png

The jerseys were me messing around. In my world, Canada isnt signed to a manufacturer! So I did puma, and made up a design.

HamiltonUnis.png

I like it! Something simple, easy for a crest, can also symbolize a hammer's head (hence my initial suggestion of "YC Hammer" which you tweaked to make this beauty)

Can't wait to see what you have in store for Yakball's first two local derbies!

bYhYmxh.png

Oh wow, never thought of that, and it just started to annoy me. Fixed.

Quebec City's nickname is now wide open. I changed my mind.

Quebec Diamants (Upper Town lies on top of Cap-Diamant promontory...meaning "Cape Diamond," it could stand for QC's status as a jewel among Canadian cities)

bYhYmxh.png

Centre Toronto

So if you haven't noticed, the teams from Toronto are named after where they play. This team would be the big team that draws the big named players, being the big team in the city. Hypothetically, the Leafs ownership group would run this team(So they won't be very good :P ). I used the Leafs color scheme(and leaf shape). The crest says the team name, and has the skyline of the city from Lake Ontario. I used the skyline from the WBC Toronto logo, if you're wondering.

Toronto.png

I wanted to differentiate from Tampa, so I did monochrome blue and white on both sets. Both have hoops running around the jerseys for a design.

TorontoUnis.png

Exhibition is next, then I'm not sure. I have a few started, but only Exhibition is finished.

After you finish Canada and all the cities you already have you should definitely do more clubs in Europe, like Spain, Germany, France. The possibilities are endless.

And for Ottawa how about Bytown Ottawa or Ottawa town the original name of Ottawa was Bytown.

I'd love to see a Pacific Island conference. It'd be fun to watch massive Somoan guys playing center. :P All kidding aside, I love the creativity of this project. It makes me very jealous that I didn't think of something like this. Those Centre Toronto kits are beuties. I would dish out $ for those.

Just wondering, why no teams in the Middle East?

I just haven't done it yet, Those are the leagues I for sure wanted to have. I also had the idea of Japan/South Korea, Eastern Europe, Brazil/Argentina, and then the Middle East.

I'm not sure about the arena situation there, but the teams would most likely be from UAE, Bahrain, Qatar, and any other rich oil country.

Exhibition Toronto

Toronto's OTHER team. The team is playing in Ricoh Coliseum, which is in Exhibition Place, former home of the Jays, Argos, and Leafs. Now only the Marlies and Toronto FC play in the area. So I was working on a red/granite generic logo while researching the place. I saw that the front gate is this huge arched monument deal that is considered the landmark of the area, so I had to use it on the logo. So this was my crude drawing of this. The alt logo is based off the Toronto flag!

Exhibition.png

I did adidas for these guys. I went for a jersey that is sort of cookie cutter, but tried to make it my own with the template and colors. TFC helped the color scheme, and I based these jerseys off their's.

ExhibitionUnis.png

Shot and a GOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLL!

You have the rivalry thing down PERFECTLY...Centre vs. Exhibition, Blue vs. Red, White vs. Granite, Rogers vs. Nortel-AMAZING!

Can't wait to see what you pull off with Patrie Montreal (rouge, blanc, et bleu) vs. the unnamed Anglophone team (maroon & white)

bYhYmxh.png

Fantastic work as usual. As a suggestion, after you finish the Canadian league, you should do London 2012 Olympic uniforms for the national teams.

EDIT: Just checked out the new logos, they look great. Can't wait to see the full set.

I agree. Raysox, do it!

spacer.png

Archived