Yakball Concepts

raysox

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was gonna do a World Cup of Yakball or something sometime, but that's a nice idea. I might do that if I finish a league right before the Olympics. It would be the UK if Canada keeps this pace.

Here are the 6 done teams together.

League-1.png

All your work thus far has been brilliant. I do wonder if canada will show more color before its completed. Right now its red dominant, which is understandable considering it is canada's league but i just hope for more color. Im spoiled by the U.S. League i think.

Oh don't worry! I know Saskatchewan will be green, Victoria will be maroon, and right now I think Halifax will be orange. I just happened to do Montreal and Toronto first, ahahha

Good to hear. I cant wait to see that saskatchewan logo. One of my favorite logos is the Riders of the CFL so i hope yours looks pretty cool too. Keep up the good work!

Halifax*

Maroons de Montreal

So these guys and Patrie both would share Centre Bell. The name was based off of the old hockey team in Montreal, and since they'd be a Habs influenced team's rival, then why not be the rival of the rival? The M-leis logo is based off of ScottySpring's one he did for a fantasy team a while ago. It's so ingenious to do that. I then added stripes behind it because there hasn't been a team with vertical stripes yet! I pieced this one together, and loved the final version.

Montreal.png

I went monochrome maroon and white for the home and clash jerseys. I used stripes, and BMO as a sponsor. I wanted it to be modern and classy.

MontrealUnis.png

HOT DANG, the Maroons are beautiful. That M-de-lis is a thing of beauty, and the clash kit especially is just gorgeous. I'd drop good cash for that, seriously. The way the gold bars work against the white is fantastic. Excellent work, one of my recent favorites.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Fantastic as usual.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Eh, yeah I guess technically.

Patrie Montreal

This is Montreal's other team! This was based off of the Canadiens' set, obviously. This could be the team that draws the fans because of it. Both teams are in Centre Bell, so the field is the same. The logo is based off of the flag of Montreal. Patrie means "homeland" in french, so that is why the flag is used. The alternate is the leaf from the Canadiens' old logo, with PM on it. This is a simple set, I thought.

PatrieMontreal.png

Then one might be able to guess where these came from.

PatrieMontrealUnis.png

I like the design for the Montreal teams. It is solid work.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Winnipeg does look good, and I assume that you intentionally based it pretty heavily off of this concept:

untitled.png

Which is fine, because it is a pretty awesome concept. As for the rest of Canada, they look good, but I hope that you branch out a little more with the rest of them, rather than have all of them look like they are NHL affiliated.

spacer.png

Ah yes! I forgot to mention that. I was looking for names to use, because I didnt have anything really. So I went on PuckDrawn and saw that. I didn't want to do moose, but I fell in love with that concept because of the colors and simplicity.

If anyone is super offended I can change it, but I meant no harm by it.

What are the ties to vancouver in that logo other than the similar color of the canucks? I always like to see what pieces you take and incorporate into the logo. I didn't know that Exibition secondary was based on a flag until you mentioned it. I just thought it was a cool stylelized "T".

Archived